Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!

CBS (ended 1972)

Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! Fan Reviews (88)

• Unbelievably horrible.

I find it quite hard to comprehend exactly why this show is beloved by so many people of so many generations. I really don't know what to think about that. When I was younger, I was completely bored watching this shoddy animation with an unbearably consistent and predictable plot for every single god-forsaken episode. I mean, at the time I was probably five-ten years of age watching this, but I could tell even then when poor entertainment was being handed to me. My mother and my younger brother, along with countless others, have poor taste in a show that is popular simply based on the fact that people watched it. Not because of aesthetic value. Reminds me of a little show which also aired in the seventies by the name of "The Brady Bunch."
  • Not trying to offend Scooby fans, but I just don't like Hanna Barbara's work (except, of course, Tom and Jerry).

A couple things I don't like about the show:

Bad sound effects: Ugh. The sound effects sound like they were done 4 decades before the show was produced. They are unappealing, and far from convincing.

The humor and the laugh tracks:

This show doesn't make me laugh, and I especially get annoyed by the seemingly constant sounds of the laugh tracks.

The stories:

Come on! They can do a lot better! The stories are always the same concept--Some criminal does something bad, the gang tries to solve it, Scooby and Shaggy are totally freaked out by whatever is in the place where they are, the villain always ends up being the first person they meet in the episode--add some variety, at least to change my opinion a little.

If any die-hard fans of this show were offended by my review, I appologize. I meant no harm; my only intention was to express my opinion.
  • This show was before my time, but even as a ten year old watching it on Cartoon Network, I would say to myself "this is really stupid."

5.5
    I've never understood why Scooby Doo has such a strong cultural foothold. I guess with todays cartoons my generation has become jaded. But even so, there are few excuses that can be made for this show. Every episode is essentially the same; they break down, theres a "haunted" house/theme park/hotel/whatever. The ghost pirate/diver/clown chases them, it turns out to be the first character introduced. He was trying to scare everyone away so he could use whatever the haunting thing was. The jokes are lame, the animation is lazy, and the characters have basically set lines every episode. Why didn't Freddy and Daphne ever hook up either; there was something there. The Flintstones and other old cartoons managed to have interesting stories and characters. Scooby Doo, Where are You! might be popular but ever since I was little I have not liked this cartoon. The laugh track just made it even worse.
  • Scooby dooby dooo

Scooby Doo, like many other Hanna-Barbera shows at the time, was simply lazy and poorly animated; you just can't get past it. The characters were wooden and one-dimensional (or, in Daphne and Fred's case, no-dimensional). Did Daphne ever say or do anything but find trap doors? Velma was pretty much the only one to solve the mysteries, if you think about it. The animation was poor because of the lack of expression, wooden movements (In one episode, Shaggy tried to open a door. [unbent]Hand slightly covers knob. He barely jiggles it before he decides it's locked.), and lack of consistency. However, I won't nitpick. I'm not saying this show doesn't deserve its fame or merit. After all, a bad cartoon in the 70's was a lot different than a bad cartoon now. The theme song, though short, is very catchy, iTunes worthy if it was extended a minute or so. Plus, the campiness and nostalgia definitely raises its worth up by a few points. Besides, it's a talking dog. Everyone loves those.
  • To Get Over Its Cheesiness?

Few ep (09)
  • Scooby-Doo had that thing that made it so successful in the 60's and 70's. I just can't put my finger on it.

"Scooby-Doo" stars the Mystery Gang Daphne, Velma, Fred, Shaggy, and their dog none other than Scooby. They are expert mystery solvers, and every episode they encounter an obscure mystery for them to uncover.

"Scooby-Doo" may be great in the 60's, but their polish rusted after their first few episodes. It's a great show, but it had too many easy mysteries and so little animation that I just don't want to see this Hanna-Barbera cartoon anymore. Regardless, however, Scooby is very cool, and I've grown up with him for so long. I still love the canine, next to Courage.

Other than that, there's not many reasons to watch this show, but I'm glad it has achieved alot of greatness worldwide because it deserved the praise.

"Scooby-Doo" is mildly interesting, yet a satisfactory, program which its purpose was to entertain the family thirty years ago, but now only to entertain the kids who haven't seen it yet. Repetitiveness was what got the best of this show.
  • Good show

Overused plots but shaggy and scooby are the light of the show with good jokes

• classic

i generally like shows that have mysteries because then of course, the audience can try and figure them out. but i don't always like this show, it's the one that started all the other Scooby Doos, and it is alright as its own. The main thing I do not like is the animation overall, and I think the laugh track is annoying {i do not think cartoons should ever have laugh tracks, even early ones like this}. But overall a nice show for the family to watch, my overall grade for this one Scooby Doo show is a high B+/A-
  • Good, but they need to play this more often than the DTV sequels and Mystery Inc.

This show rocks, but really-they need to play the original more often. The DTV sequels kill its reputation, but that's all CN ever plays Doo-related, unless you rule out Mystery Inc., capitalizing on its own stuff and sucking all the fun out of making fun of it. My favorite characters, if there are any, are Velma and Norville Rogers...but seriously, along with Spongebob, the show seems to just suffer from overexposure, especially during the three-DTV-movies a day rule. Why can't they just play the good-old Doo instead so we can ACTUALLY make fun of it, instead of watching the characters make fun of it?
  • Classic Scooby Doo

This show is about a gang of teenage friends, from Mystery Inc. solving mysteries. The Mystery Inc crew is comprised of Fred, Daphene, Velma, Shaggy, and of course Scooby Doo. Together they investigate mysterious mishaps and mysteries of ghosts. I enjoy this show for the most part, that I can still turn on the channel and be able to enjoy it. There are a couple of flaws though, firstly I don't like the laugh track, it's annoying after watching it a billion times to hear the laugh track, some of the mysteries are too simplistic. Great classic for the most part. Worth Watching. 8/10 B-
  • Scooby Doo Where Are You is one of the coolest cartoons ever. I liked every character in the show. Shaggy, Scooby, Velma, Fred, and Daphne, riding around in that cool van, solving mysteries. You gotta love that.

The whole idea of them riding around in that totally cool van called The Mystery Machine and solving mysteries and being chased by ghosts and creepy creatures is one of the best ideas ever for a cartoon. And the characters were all cool. Scooby Doo the amazing dog who could talk and acted almost like a human. But he was so chicken and it was always so funny to see how he would react every time he would be faced by a ghost or a monster. Shaggy was just as chicken as Scooby. And I loved how Shaggy talked. And who can forget his famous phrase that he said in almost every episode. ZOINKS!!! Velma, the super smart one with the glasses. She was the one who solved most of the mysteries. Fred, the leader. He usually helped with solving the mysteries and he was always known for saying, " let's split up and look for clues. " And Daphne. She was pretty but she was always getting kidnapped. Her nick name was Danger Prone Daphne. I really like every character and I really like this show.
  • Scooby Doo where are youis a good classic show!

Scooby Doo where are you is a good classic show because even adults can watch it. The newer scooby Doo shows are more for kids but these old ones even adults could watch them as they are more grown up. The original Scooby doo where are you is the best and more spooker than the newer Scooby Doo shows. I also like the Scooby Doo movie The witches ghost because thats quite spooky as well. Scooby Doo where are you is better than What's new Scooby Doo, The Scooby Doo and Scrappy Doo show and The New adventures of Scooby Doo because they are all not as spooky.
  • Scooby Doo was one of my favorite shows when i was little i still like to watch it somtimes.

Scooby Doo was a very intresting show when i was little. It has 5 main characters. Their names are, Velma, Scooby Doo, Shaggy, Freddie, and Daphine. Scooby and Shaggy are basicly scared of everything except food. Scooby and Shaggy are best friends. Freddie has a crush on Daphine. Velma is the smart indpendent one. The gang solves mysteries and travel around the world to solve them. There 2 movies based on the series. Shaggy and Scooby have to get fed Scooby Snacks if the gang wants them to do something thats scary to them. All the monsters or villans end up being fakes and they always say, " I could've gotten away with it if it wasnt for you medeling kids and your dumb dog too".
  • It took me 30 years to figure out why I loved this show

I have been watching Scooby Doo, Where are you? for over 30 years and it took me having kids to figure out why I loved this show. I watch Scooby Doo, where are you? with my 3 year old & 18 month old(both of whom just love this show - I didn't get in to it until I was 7)and see how simple it is and how a child can get hooked.
    It is amazing to me how both of my kids know more about Scooby Doo, where are you and the characters of the show at their young age then I ever did.
  • Classic

This is one of my favorite cartoons. I think that the mysterys are fun to figure out and that its a fun, funny show. There are a few things I don't like about it though. The first and second seasons were amazing. They receive a 10. Same with the third, actually. Unfortunately, it declined from there. The new Scooby series were bad, with the exception of It's a pup named scooby doo. I have every episode on either tape or dvd, and the VHS tapes bring back so many memories. With the new ones, they go right to DVD. I just like the classic ones better. I don't know if this review makes sense I just wanted to get over 100 words.
  • Ah good old Scooby Doo!

Scooby Dooby Doo, where are you? This is definitely one of those good old retro cartoons where it can thankfully be seen on Boomerang. Scooby Doo is one of my most favorite cartoons that was big in the late 60's and early 70's. Scooby Doo features a dog named Scooby Doo and his owner is Shaggy. Scooby is Shaggy's favorite and only pet dog, and Scooby can talk! Only he starts with r's to every word he says like Rikes! Other than Shaggy and Scooby Doo however, there are three other members to the crime solvers known as the Mystery Gang. These guys are Fred, Daphnie, and Velma. And in total, all five of them drive the Mystery Machine vehicle and solve clues as part of their detective jobs to uncover villains in any form of Halloween creature like monsters, ghosts, and witches. This show can be fun watching them solve all these mysteries! Their goal is to stop criminals and unmask them to figure out who the offender is. This is a great show.
  • Classic!!

This show used to be my favorite when I was little in the late 1990's .. My favorite Character used to be Scooby-Doo and Shaggy, now when I see this cartoon I think that Shaggy is always high.. LOL.. I used to love when the gang set up a trap for the supernatural forces(which turn out to be people in masks) and then scooby and shaggy always got cought in them, but then somehow scooby and shaggy manage to get them anyaway.. There is this new show called What's New Scooby-Doo?, and I think its great also, the cartoon movies are great also aswell as the Scooby-Doo and Scooby-Doo: Monsters Unleashed movies...
  • Scooby dooby doo where are you...

I really like 'Scooby Doo Where Are You?'. The original (Hanna Barbera) is way better than the Warner Brother's version. I like how scooby and shaggy are always changing into costumes to trick the monsters, and how it always works. One of the best shows! It shows hummor for young ages, but some of the jokes are really hilarious for only older audiences. I really really like scooby doo. Some of the monsters are really imaginative too. I quite like red beard the Pirate aswell, I like pirates. I do still like the Warner Bros whats new scooby doos theme tune because it was sang by Simple Plan, one of my favourite bands eva!
  • A talking dog and this four friends solve mysteries.

A wonderful show for its time. I wish today's kids could still watch it.

Wasn't it great that you could watch a kids mystery show with no violence in it? It was funny and not nonsense like some shows are today, parents can actually stand to watch this show. Though this series did prove that bribes work [through the Scooby Snacks] and that you can eat constantly and still be skinny [Shaggy], it did leave good impressions too. It did tell kids that you can't trust everyone you meet, and even 'cowards'can be brave.

Scooby-Doo Where Are You was that great classic that inspired all of the spin-offs. This show was the best, no spin-off was anywhere close to as good as this one. It's a shame that it only had three short seasons.
  • CLASSIC!

CLASSIC JUST CLASSIC!
  • Scooby and the gang head out on adventures of every sort from catching robbers to exposing 'vampires'

Shown on Cartoon Network for many years Scooby-Doo has always been one of the best. I have always been fond of Scooby-Doo's script. Every episode just got better and better. Even now children know and speak of Scooby. His friends, Shaggy, Velma, Daphne, and Fred all have interesting backgrounds as well. It was all worth watching until Cartoon Network decided that it wasn't up to scratch and canceled it in 1972. Cartoon Network has never been the same since. Most shows now have nothing compared to Scooby. It's a true tragedy that most people now have no clue how well put together this show was. I am glad however for the wonderful voice talents of Welker, Kasem, Messick, Jaffe, North, and Christopherson.
  • One of hanna barbera's Finest!

My 44th review after "The Powerpuff Girls"

This cartoon is about the world's first talking mystery-solving cartoon dog, Scooby doo. Along with four teenage kids, Freddy Jones (Age 17) Velma Dinkley (Age 15) Daphne Blake (Age 16) and Shaggy Rogers (Age 17) Which he is Scooby doo's Owner. They see Monsters and Ghosts and they firgue out that they are just people in masks in just about EVERY Scooby doo epiosde, in the franchise. It gets really Repeitve that every epiosde goes by. This cartoon is gonna get an A.

Voice-acting: A++ 10.0/10.0 Perfect. Very-well Done.

Animation: C 6.0/10.0 It's too Blurry.

Graphics: B 7.0/10.0 Nice, and very colorful.

Sound: A- 8.0/10.0 Very good music that Hanna-Barbera's got there.

Dialouge: A+ 9.0/10.0 rooby roo? Hee! Hee!

Lasting Appeal: A+ 9.5/10.0 Did I mention that this cartoon has one superb Lasting Appeal?

Overall: A 9.0/10.0 This is like, one of the best cartoons ever made! Hanna-Barbera maybe made millions of bucks for making this Franchise. Ok, That's the end of my review for Scooby doo where are you! See you Later.
  • Scooby Doo and the gang cruising around in the Mystery Machine solving mysteries-what a fun show!

I loved watching this cartoon when I was growing up. Shaggy, Scooby, Fred, Velma and Daphne are all great characters. Each week, our teenage sleuths come face-to-face with a mystery, usually involving some kind of weird monster or creature. The characterizations are great. Scooby and Shaggy always show their true colors (usually yellow!). They are usually coaxed to help by a few Scooby Snacks. Fred always devises some elaborate trap to catch the bad guys. Velma uses her scientific genius to unwrap the mystery. And Daphne, well, Daphne always looks great. This classic series has spawned several spin-off series and a couple of major motion pictures, but the original will always hold a special place in my heart!
  • This show is about ScoobyDoo and the gang. They always find the guy/girl that is trying to scare people. This show they made a movie or ScoobyDoo and ScoobyDoo2. I love this show it is a very funny show.

In the show Scooby is the main charter in the show. He likes food so does Shaggy. Fred is the leader in the show. I also think he is in love with you know who. The gang also had a van that they use in every episode. They also do not make this show anymore. They should of keep making it. If you never watch ScoobyDoo you should watch the some of the old episodes. On Cartoon Network or some other channels. You can also buy them on dvds and videos. They also have games on Playstation2. This is one of my fav shows.
  • When you think of some of the most popular cartoons of all time, who do you think of right up there with Bugs, and Mickey? Scooby-Dooby-Doo, of course!

I wish Cartoon Network had continued airing this classic show, but it didn't, so sadly, I haven't seen it in a long time. (I don't have Boomerang). However, I can tell you that all through my childhood and even now, I loved (and still love) it. I think I have seen just about every episode, and they're so entertaining and so fun.
    I also have enjoyed the more recent movies that keep popping up on Cartoon Network like Aloha, Scooby Doo! and Scooby Doo in Where's my Mummy? although my personal favorites of these have become Scooby Doo on Zombie Island and Scooby Doo and the Witch's Ghost.
    I also liked What's New, Scooby Doo? But I'm going to write a whole other reveiw for that, so I won't say too much here.
    Anyway, Scooby Doo is one of the best, most sucessful shows in history, and I applaud it.
    Overall show grade: A-
  • Bunches of Fun!

I have been watching this show since I was about eight and it was a real disappointment when they stopped showing it regularly on Cartoon Network. This show is so much fun and though it seems to follow the same plot for every episode, I had some fun times watching this show when I was younger. It really is a great show to watch when you're feeling down because you just can not help but smile. It is one of those shows that is a whole bunch of fun, a little cheesy, and a show you can watch with family and not have to worry about bad language.
  • Scooby Doo Where Are You? is a cartoon about a dog named Scooby Doo and four kids: pretty boy Freddy, beauty Daphne, genius Velma and Scooby's best friend Shaggy who travel in a van named The Mystery Machine and solve crimes involving something supposedly

This cartoon is a classic for all generations. Not just entertaining it also teaches moral lessons. The stories involve supernatural elements which intrigue viewers especially young children while not being too scary. The show includes humor, catchy phrases, and repeated behaviors that make the child feel "involved" with the cartoon. As a child I loved Scooby Doo and all the different characters some actually based on real people. It kept me watching with the action usually the monster, ghost or other entity chasing them. It's a great cartoon that has lasted decades and spawned a movie and toy line that is still going strong long after the "original" episodes went off the air.
  • The best Scooby-Doo series.

This show focused on Fred, Daphne, Velma, and Shaggy, four kids. Along with their dog, Scooby-Doo, they solve mysteries that mostly involve monsters. They are always somebody in a mask.

This is a very underappreciated show. Sure, a lot of the mysteries were easy to solve, but it is very funny, and sometimes, it keeps you thinking. The characters are very unique and the people that made the show did a great job with this series. I consider this show very original, too. Overall, great plot(s), great jokes, no character development, too easy mysteries, great selection of characters, and very original. No matter how many Scooby-Doo series get made, they will never be as good as this one.
    9/10.
    ~Pharaoh2.
  • A chilhood favorite that still amuses

Scooby Doo was always entertaining to me as a child, and it still brings a smile to my face now decades later.

As a kid I liked the spooky stoies, but always felt disapointed the monsters were always people in masks. Then, in later incarnations of the show, I was disapointed when they were real monsters. Go figure.

The Scooby shows really lost me when Scappy was brought on. I could deal with the laff-a-lympics, and loved the Scooby Doo Movies, but Scappy was the nail in the coffin for me.

The original series is still the best, and most entertaining. It's both nostalgic, and entertaining in a camp way now that I am much older.
  • A gang of teenagers set up their own detective agency and solve mysteries.

This show is way underrated. This show is way better than What's New Scooby-Doo. This show was one of my favorites as a kid. This show has become a cult-classic. You can hardly walk into any store without seeing an item with Scooby's goofy face on it. Scooby-Doo is recognized by pretty much everyone in the country. I dare you to try and find someone who does not know Scooby-Doo. Many people down this show for its childish humor. Well this is a kid's show not C.S.I. This is one of the few Hanna Barbara shows to be made into a live action movie(even thought those movies were horrible.) Scooby-Doo has made a lasting mark on American television and culture.
< 1 2 3