Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!

CBS (ended 1972)

Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! Fan Reviews (88)

• a must when I was a child

I remember watching Scooby Doo Where are You as a child. It seemed so scary sometimes as a kid. But it was a great show. The adventures that they went on were so exciting at the time. I always wanted to be one of them. I loved Scooby and his antics. The show turned a bit to the downward spiral when they added scrappy. It was fun to see that they always caught their ghost or whatever they were chasing or was chasing them. It was a must watch show when it was on. I still feed my dog scooby snacks at home.
  • Just about everyday when I was not in school on the weekdays I would turn to the same channel and watch it.

Just about everyday when I was not in school on the weekdays I would turn to the same channel and watch it. I seen every Scooby-Doo movie. All was good and you can ask all my friends and they will tell you I like Scooby-Doo and the Care Bears. I love Scooby-Doo.
  • Man this show is totally awesome!! I think this is really the only non entirly comedy show I like. I just loved to try and figure out who done it when I was little and didn\'t know all the episodes by heart.

Man this show is totally awesome!! I think this is really the only non entirly comedy show I like. I just loved to try and figure out who done it when I was little and didn\'t know all the episodes by heart. I\'ve seen like every episode of every kind of Scooby Doo there is. If you havn\'t seen it then that\'s really weird but you should watch it. It\'s a totally cool classic thing!!!
  • I love Scooby Doo.I grew up watching this.

Man this show is totally awesome!! I think this is really the only non entirly comedy show I like. I just loved to try and figure out who done it. It seemed so scary sometimes as a kid. But it was a great show. The adventures that they went on were so exciting at the time. I always wanted to be one of them. I loved Scooby and his antics.
  • My mom watched it, and now I am watching it! I hope it can stay so my kids can watch it. Very much of a classic.

All of these teenagers gather together to fight ghost, mummies and zombies. They go everywhere and anywhere to fight with them. This is such a classic show that I don't know anyone who hasen't heard of watched scooby-doo. I think that it was such a shame that in the 60's that it ended so early.
  • A chilhood favorite that still amuses

Scooby Doo was always entertaining to me as a child, and it still brings a smile to my face now decades later.

As a kid I liked the spooky stoies, but always felt disapointed the monsters were always people in masks. Then, in later incarnations of the show, I was disapointed when they were real monsters. Go figure.

The Scooby shows really lost me when Scappy was brought on. I could deal with the laff-a-lympics, and loved the Scooby Doo Movies, but Scappy was the nail in the coffin for me.

The original series is still the best, and most entertaining. It's both nostalgic, and entertaining in a camp way now that I am much older.
  • Scooby Doo, Fred, Shaggy, Daphne and Velma solve mysteries of ghostly goings-on.

Scooby Doo is a talking dog owned by Shaggy as people call him but Shaggy's real name is Normal.
    These two scaredy cats along with the help of Fred Jones, Daphne Blake and Velma Dinkly are forever solving mysterious crimes and ghost stories. They can't even sit down in a holiday with a ghost story being told to them. Nor can they go to a theater or dance without it. Most of the time they find clues to what is going on eventually they figure out who or what the mystery is and Fred decides on a plan. Scooby and Shaggy hate this part because their always the "bait". The plan usually fails but in some bizzare way Scooby Doo comes to the rescue and captures the ghost. They reveal it and that person is then taken' to jail but not before the old statment " Yeah an' I woulda gotten away with too if it weren't for you medeling kids and that pesky pooch"
  • Scooby-Doo had that thing that made it so successful in the 60's and 70's. I just can't put my finger on it.

"Scooby-Doo" stars the Mystery Gang Daphne, Velma, Fred, Shaggy, and their dog none other than Scooby. They are expert mystery solvers, and every episode they encounter an obscure mystery for them to uncover.

"Scooby-Doo" may be great in the 60's, but their polish rusted after their first few episodes. It's a great show, but it had too many easy mysteries and so little animation that I just don't want to see this Hanna-Barbera cartoon anymore. Regardless, however, Scooby is very cool, and I've grown up with him for so long. I still love the canine, next to Courage.

Other than that, there's not many reasons to watch this show, but I'm glad it has achieved alot of greatness worldwide because it deserved the praise.

"Scooby-Doo" is mildly interesting, yet a satisfactory, program which its purpose was to entertain the family thirty years ago, but now only to entertain the kids who haven't seen it yet. Repetitiveness was what got the best of this show.
  • Scooby-Doo is about four teens and a dog named Scooby-Doo. They are always on the run searching for mysteries to solve.

Scooby-Doo personally is my favorite show. Something about it makes you want to watch it over and over again. The mysteries are humorous and interesting it is my favorite cartoon and I give it a ten in my rateing. I really would recomend this for a family video. All the scooby-doo episodes are packed with fun adventures.
  • Scooby-Dooby-Doo, where are you?

Growing up, I loved watching the Great Dane Scooby and his Mystery, Inc. friends (one of which was owner Shaggy) go out and solve various mysteries all over the place. Even though the show was off the air for about a decade before I started watching it when I was a child. I really loved seeing in what ways Shaggy and Scooby would try to get out of going along with the rest of the gang to solve the mysteries that surround the various people and towns that they came across. Another thing that I liked about Shaggy was how he was the "hippie" of the group using the words "like" and "groovy" all of the time. Also, I liked the names of the monsters that they came across as well. I thought that the names like "The Miner 49er" or "Gator Ghoul" or "The Creeper". I just love the situations that Fred, Daphnie, Velma, Shaggy, and Scooby got themselves into, just to see how they got out of them. This show is a classic!
  • Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!

This is one of the most classic cartoons I have ever seen. I like all versions of Scooby Doo they are all equally as funny as one another. I really like it a lot it is funny and entertaining and you can really laugh at it. This show is hillarious.
  • The best Scooby-Doo series.

This show focused on Fred, Daphne, Velma, and Shaggy, four kids. Along with their dog, Scooby-Doo, they solve mysteries that mostly involve monsters. They are always somebody in a mask.

This is a very underappreciated show. Sure, a lot of the mysteries were easy to solve, but it is very funny, and sometimes, it keeps you thinking. The characters are very unique and the people that made the show did a great job with this series. I consider this show very original, too. Overall, great plot(s), great jokes, no character development, too easy mysteries, great selection of characters, and very original. No matter how many Scooby-Doo series get made, they will never be as good as this one.
    9/10.
    ~Pharaoh2.
  • this show was the best show of all time and it paved the way for many of the classic cartoons of today. very good out of all the scoobydoo series.it great to watch and great to talk about and it would be a really great and oustanding honor

this show should come back into syndication and really should be reincarnated into a new show like all the rest of them.this show inspired me to do the right thing by watching and buying the dvd.the seasons on the dvd will do good because evevery child and adult loves this
  • Loved it.

This show was the best. But, the new Scooby shows are way worse than this (except Pup Named Scooby-Doo). They mysteries were awesome. My favorite character was Shaggy because he was always hungry & scared of going into haunted places or spliting up with the rest of the gang. But what really is weird is that he eats Scooby Snacks. Oh well. This show is still awesome.
  • Scooby, Shaggy, Velma, Daphne, and Fred, four teens and a lovable talking dog solve mysteries about ghosts and superantural beings who always turn out to be someone in a mask, except in some movies like Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island and The Witch\'s Ghost.

Scooby-Doo is the best animated show ever! It\'s not stupid like the new shows on Cartoon Network. Scooby-Doo is the best and I love it, I always used to watch it when I was younger and I try to watch it whenever it is on Boomerang or Cartoon Network.
  • Fred, Daphane, Velma, Shaggy, and Scooby try and solve mysteries.

Scooby Doo Where are You! is another Scooby Doo Series, it was funny, and had great action sequences, The consent songs got a bit annoying but The show is still a good one, I also consider this to be one of the best Scooby Doo series, that and Whats new Scooby Doo, my main favorite characters are Shaggy and Scooby, they are afraid of everything, including their own shadow, and they eat everything in site, they are also the main comic relif of the bunch, The bad guys customes where great characters some where cheesy but others where pretty good, and the bad guy was always who you least expected it to be.

Overall: A classic Scobby Doo, series.
  • rooby rooby roo!

ididn't know they cancelled it! i watched it when i was like 5 (1995) that couldn't be cancelled! it was a good show. and pretty funny. and they had to go and ,make what's new scooby doo? didn't they? they couldn't live if they didn't have another show. but this was a good show. yessirree!
  • It took me 30 years to figure out why I loved this show

I have been watching Scooby Doo, Where are you? for over 30 years and it took me having kids to figure out why I loved this show. I watch Scooby Doo, where are you? with my 3 year old & 18 month old(both of whom just love this show - I didn't get in to it until I was 7)and see how simple it is and how a child can get hooked.
    It is amazing to me how both of my kids know more about Scooby Doo, where are you and the characters of the show at their young age then I ever did.
  • Scooby Doo Where Are You? is a cartoon about a dog named Scooby Doo and four kids: pretty boy Freddy, beauty Daphne, genius Velma and Scooby's best friend Shaggy who travel in a van named The Mystery Machine and solve crimes involving something supposedly

This cartoon is a classic for all generations. Not just entertaining it also teaches moral lessons. The stories involve supernatural elements which intrigue viewers especially young children while not being too scary. The show includes humor, catchy phrases, and repeated behaviors that make the child feel "involved" with the cartoon. As a child I loved Scooby Doo and all the different characters some actually based on real people. It kept me watching with the action usually the monster, ghost or other entity chasing them. It's a great cartoon that has lasted decades and spawned a movie and toy line that is still going strong long after the "original" episodes went off the air.
  • Really funny and creepy show. Mostly funny though. Every episode was excitng and I really looked forward to it My favorite characters are Shaggy, Daphne, Velma and pretty much everyone.

I like Scooby-Doo Where are you because I like mystery. I also like it also because of the comedy. The characters also seem very entergetic, which makes it very exciting. My favorite episodes were The Backstage Rage, Which, Witch is Which, Don\'t fool with a Phantom, A Tiki Scare is no Fair and much more. The show was more exciting every season. For people who like mystery, I\'m sure you will enjoy this.
  • Best cartoon show ever!

I hate anything scary, so when I was little I was scared of this show, but now I will say without a doubt that this is the best show ever made! Scooby Doo and the gang are the funniest characters, and every show the mysteries are so great! It's also fun to watch for the mystakes that are made, you know like in one scene Shaggy's shirt is a different or Fred's hair is brown, since the show is so old there are a lot of these. Well, this show is awsome and I must say so are the movies they made from this show!
  • Bunches of Fun!

I have been watching this show since I was about eight and it was a real disappointment when they stopped showing it regularly on Cartoon Network. This show is so much fun and though it seems to follow the same plot for every episode, I had some fun times watching this show when I was younger. It really is a great show to watch when you're feeling down because you just can not help but smile. It is one of those shows that is a whole bunch of fun, a little cheesy, and a show you can watch with family and not have to worry about bad language.
  • "Scooby Doo, Where Are You" was about four young people and their dog who stumbled upon mysteries at spooky locations and the tried to solve them. The episodes could be very spooky, a bit funny and at times teach you something.

I love the series for what it was, but I'm depressed by what it turned into. It started out great. Scooby was the comic and Shaggy was his ever-hungry straight man. Daphne was beautiful but under-appreciated, and Velma was the moral focus while Fred held the group in check. It was done straight and spooky, but then it degraded into just another cartoon. In later seasons, we met Scooby's relatives and they kept getting worse. Scooby Dum was forgivable; Crappy was not, and I'm not mispelling it there - that's just how I feel about that horrible mistake. Once spooky and entertaining, the series degraded into forced celebrity appearances, bad puns, ridiculous storylines and just bad writing. I was so hoping the live action movie would do it right, but they just repeated the worse sterotypes from the lousy end of the series. I could have written it so much more better.
  • When you think of some of the most popular cartoons of all time, who do you think of right up there with Bugs, and Mickey? Scooby-Dooby-Doo, of course!

I wish Cartoon Network had continued airing this classic show, but it didn't, so sadly, I haven't seen it in a long time. (I don't have Boomerang). However, I can tell you that all through my childhood and even now, I loved (and still love) it. I think I have seen just about every episode, and they're so entertaining and so fun.
    I also have enjoyed the more recent movies that keep popping up on Cartoon Network like Aloha, Scooby Doo! and Scooby Doo in Where's my Mummy? although my personal favorites of these have become Scooby Doo on Zombie Island and Scooby Doo and the Witch's Ghost.
    I also liked What's New, Scooby Doo? But I'm going to write a whole other reveiw for that, so I won't say too much here.
    Anyway, Scooby Doo is one of the best, most sucessful shows in history, and I applaud it.
    Overall show grade: A-
  • Classic

Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! was the best scooby show. It introduced us to scooby doo and his pals. Fredie Dafhne , Velma And Shaggy. The went along with them traveling around solving mysterys. That was reason why it was so good. The clues where showed to us a the right times. And at the end the would always take the mask of some person.
  • Ahh..this show is so amazing, n its lke totalee a classic! i stil watch this show, now..n i reli enjoy it!

This show is so good. i reli lke it, i luv scooby doo! whenever its on now i stil watch it, n i lke it. i also lked the cartoon movies they came out with as wel. this show is never boring, every episode is good. i luv watching this show n trying to figure out who the bad guy is. n then finding out if im right or if im wrong at the end of the episode. its reli entertaining, i luv this show!
  • My new best friend.

Scooby-Doo where are you is the best show in the world.I don't understand why it was cannceled.My step dad is 24 years old and he was ready to go on my account and write a review.All Scooby-Doo shows are old and people say that it is way to old.Well you know what to all those people who say that and like The Simsons that is the longest animated show to air now don't tell me thats not waring it self out.Scooby-Doo is better then almost any show on t.v.Thats what I have to say.
  • The best show ever

This show is a classic its going to be the best show ever forever. This is a personal favorite of mine because I mean really its about a talking dog who wouldn't like a talking ghost hunting dog. The other reason I think I liked it was because when I was younger because every time he traped a monster I though that it was real life so I wasn't scared of a monster being under my bed lol. Scoobydoo was pretty much a safe haven for kids who were afraid of monsters when they were little. Well at least it was for me.
  • If you don't love Scooby Doo, you got a problem!

I have always loved the original Scooby Doo. And I love the fact my kids love it too. My little boy would be lost without it. I mean, today's cartoons are soooo stupid, don't make any sense, and are very very violent. Why. What is the purpose? I mean Scooby Doo didn't really make a lot of sense, but hey it was cute and cool and I really like the fact they have brought back the shows and started making the what's new scooby doo shows and the 2 movies that played in the theaters. My kids loved them both, and frankly so did I.
  • Gotta Love the classics.

I use to watch this show when i was like 4 years old. Even my parents saw it when they were some what young. Its one of them classic shows that you gotta love, like Looney Tunes. I shouldn't have to explain anything about the show, since pretty near everbody at least saw the show once. My Favorite Character is Shaggy cause he reminds me of a Hippy and hippy's are awesome hahaha. The newest Scooby-Doo series, which is called " Whats new Scooby-Doo? " doesn't even come close to the original one, which i'm revewing now. Scooby-Doo is one of my childhood favorites. It stands next to Looney Tunes.
< 1 2 3