Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!

CBS (ended 1972)

Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! Fan Reviews (88)

• This show was made 12 years before I was born, and it makes me wish that THIS was the show I grew up on.

I have loved Scooby Doo since I was 3 years old. This particular show is the best out of all Scooby Doo shows. I also found it neat the way Hanna-Barbera put a laugh track in. Scooby and Shaggy were always the ones encountering the ghosts and the things they would say before running are funny. Sometimes Velma would get in on the action, making it even more hilarious. I wished they had kept Velma as a goof-ball in the rest of the later shows instead of making her a serious character.
    I especially loved the second season, where they had the chase music sung by Danney Jansen. If only this show could come back in this format, artwork, voices, etc. Who cares about trying to fit Scooby Doo in the 21st century? This is CLASSIC cartoon comedy that should be brought back.
  • Scooby Doo Where Are You is one of the coolest cartoons ever. I liked every character in the show. Shaggy, Scooby, Velma, Fred, and Daphne, riding around in that cool van, solving mysteries. You gotta love that.

The whole idea of them riding around in that totally cool van called The Mystery Machine and solving mysteries and being chased by ghosts and creepy creatures is one of the best ideas ever for a cartoon. And the characters were all cool. Scooby Doo the amazing dog who could talk and acted almost like a human. But he was so chicken and it was always so funny to see how he would react every time he would be faced by a ghost or a monster. Shaggy was just as chicken as Scooby. And I loved how Shaggy talked. And who can forget his famous phrase that he said in almost every episode. ZOINKS!!! Velma, the super smart one with the glasses. She was the one who solved most of the mysteries. Fred, the leader. He usually helped with solving the mysteries and he was always known for saying, " let's split up and look for clues. " And Daphne. She was pretty but she was always getting kidnapped. Her nick name was Danger Prone Daphne. I really like every character and I really like this show.
  • scooby-dooby-doooo!...

I love Scooby-Doo! The show was about 4 teens(Fred, Daphne,Velma, Shaggy) & their great dane(Scooby) solving different mysteries. The ghosts always turn out to be bad guys in masks. This show rocks! I always watch it when it comes on Cartoon network. i think it shoulda lasted longer than 2 or 3 years. i dont know what else to say about this classic Hanna-Barbara show execpt that it is brilliant! i love the humor in the show, too=) i recommend Scooby-Doo to anybody who hasnt seen it. Well, that's all i got to say. bye! asd fghui cvbnm ghuidm gbnm
  • Man this show is totally awesome!! I think this is really the only non entirly comedy show I like. I just loved to try and figure out who done it when I was little and didn\'t know all the episodes by heart.

Man this show is totally awesome!! I think this is really the only non entirly comedy show I like. I just loved to try and figure out who done it when I was little and didn\'t know all the episodes by heart. I\'ve seen like every episode of every kind of Scooby Doo there is. If you havn\'t seen it then that\'s really weird but you should watch it. It\'s a totally cool classic thing!!!
  • Scooby Doo ROCKS ! ! ! ! !

I grew up watching Scooby-Doo Where are You. I loved it then, and still do. My childrend grew up watching the reruns as well as Whats New Scooby-Doo. After looking at these comments, it is quite obvious that most people agree that Scooby-Doo ROCKS!!!!!! None of the other cartoons have changed and evolved over the years, to keep up with their audience!
  • My favorite cartoon growing up.

This show was long gone before I was born (1996) but I remember when reruns were aired on Cartoon Network as a toddler and I'd always stay up to 10 o'clock watching the gang solve mysteries. I loved trying to guess who the bad guy was, or even unimportant things like how many Scooby Snacks Velma would have to give Scooby in order for him to participate in the dangerous activities or who would end up with who based on Freddy's pairings. It was a great, enjoyable show and one of the few from my childhood that I can still bear to watch today. I just can't believe it only lasted a quarter of a hundred episodes.
  • Classic Cartoon

This is One of the best shows ever.
  • One of the best cartoon series ever!

If we think about it, this is one of those series which almost everyone watched in their childhood... The series tells us about a group of meddling kids and their Great Dane, who love to solve mysteries and unmask bad guys, who for one reason or another disguise themselves as monsters. Fred is the leader, Daphne is the damsel in distress and fashion diva, Velma is the brains of the operation with a somehow sacrastic temperament, Shaggy is the unstoppable eating machine, and Scooby-Doo is probably the only dog who's afraid of everything, including his own shadow. Together, they form the Mystery Inc, world's most successful detective agency, who has been catching bad guys for more than 4 decades now. No matter what kind of villain stands in their way, they always find a way to solve the mystery, in time to get a milkshake in the nearest malt-shop. With already 12 series, 14 animated films, 4 live-action films, a monthly comic book and a huge legion of fans, this isprobably the best series ever created by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera (not counting the Flintstones, the Jetsons and Wacky Races, of course), this is a series which has gone for more than 40 years now, and seems to never get old. 10 out of 10, no doubt about it!
  • good show.

I used to love this show growing up. All the characters were funny and engaging, especially Scooby (obviously) and Shaggy (ZOINKS!). Though the plot is kind of boring (gang uncovers mystery. gang goes to the place to solve said mystery. gang successfully solves said mystery. closure.), it is (to me at least) one of the best cartoons OF ALL TIME. Too bad its spin-offs mostly suck, though the movies are pretty good (lame, but good). The only problem is the stupid laugh track. What kind of cartoon has a laugh track?!? I dunno, but the show's funny without a laugh track assuring us (the audience) of its humor. Still, it's a great show.
  • Classic

This is one of my favorite cartoons. I think that the mysterys are fun to figure out and that its a fun, funny show. There are a few things I don't like about it though. The first and second seasons were amazing. They receive a 10. Same with the third, actually. Unfortunately, it declined from there. The new Scooby series were bad, with the exception of It's a pup named scooby doo. I have every episode on either tape or dvd, and the VHS tapes bring back so many memories. With the new ones, they go right to DVD. I just like the classic ones better. I don't know if this review makes sense I just wanted to get over 100 words.
  • Classic Scooby Doo

This show is about a gang of teenage friends, from Mystery Inc. solving mysteries. The Mystery Inc crew is comprised of Fred, Daphene, Velma, Shaggy, and of course Scooby Doo. Together they investigate mysterious mishaps and mysteries of ghosts. I enjoy this show for the most part, that I can still turn on the channel and be able to enjoy it. There are a couple of flaws though, firstly I don't like the laugh track, it's annoying after watching it a billion times to hear the laugh track, some of the mysteries are too simplistic. Great classic for the most part. Worth Watching. 8/10 B-
  • classic

i generally like shows that have mysteries because then of course, the audience can try and figure them out. but i don't always like this show, it's the one that started all the other Scooby Doos, and it is alright as its own. The main thing I do not like is the animation overall, and I think the laugh track is annoying {i do not think cartoons should ever have laugh tracks, even early ones like this}. But overall a nice show for the family to watch, my overall grade for this one Scooby Doo show is a high B+/A-
  • Nostalgia Galore!

This was by far my favourite show when I was growing up and it's still a lot of fun to go back occasionally and watch a few of the episodes (even though I have seen all 25 about a million times). There is no episodes I dislike although some are weaker than others, they all follow similar patterns starting with them finding out about the mystery, then interviewing any suspects and looking for clues, then getting chased by the ghost/ monster and finally setting some sort of trap which always captures the ghost in some way and then ends with the reveal of the villian and his ploy. Every episode in both series are a lot of fun and I enjoy re-watching everyone because even though they are all very similar in format, each episode has a variety of differences and certain things stand out from each one. All in All terrific Series of Scooby's 10/10 :D

- EPISODES BEST TO WORST -

1. A Night of Fright is no Delight

2. Don't Fool with a Phantom

3. Foul Play in Funland

4. Scooby's Night with a Frozen Fright

5. Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Werewolf?

6. Mine Your Own Business

7. A Tiki Scare is No Fair

8. Go Away Ghost Ship

9. The Haunted House Hang-Up

10. Hassle in the Castle

11. Jeepers iit's the Creeper

12. Which Witch is Which?

13. A Gaggle of Galloping Ghosts

19. Bedlam in the Bigtop

20. Never Ape an Ape Man

21. The Backstage Rage

22. Scooby Doo and a Mummy Too

23. What the Hex Going On?

24. What a Night for a Knight

25. Decoy for a Dognapper

- ALL EPISODES A GREAT THOUGH -

• Great Show

It was one of my favorite shows growing up.It was one of many great Scooby-Doo shows.
  • Scooby-Doo rocks!

When I was little, I thought 'Scooby-Doo' was kind of creepy so I always made my parents change the channel whenever it came on but then when I was 7, I gave it a chance and I liked it so then I started watching it more often then it became one of my favorite shows on Cartoon Network. I remember how I used to watch it every night on CN. It's funny how in each episode, different people hide their identity by discuising themselves as something you'd see on Halloween. 'Scooby-Doo' has always been hilarious. It especially cracks me up how Scooby and Shaggy get scared sometimes and how they fool the enemy by also dressing up as something else. I can defenitly see why this is Hanna Barbara's most popular show.
  • I have always loved this show, even before I could walk!

Scooby Doo Where Are You? is still one of my guilty pleasures. I've watched it my whole life so it's definetely a show I will always love. Who can't love Scooby and Shaggy! They're so adorable! I actually even like some of the music from the show. The soundtrack to Scooby Doo was my first ever CD when I was 7 years old! I'll admit I still like the songs "Recipe for my love" and "Daydreamin'" about being in love with an ostrich! LOL! I still watch the movies if they're on TV! The real life ones are good too! This show is good for the whole family! It will defenitely always be one of my favorite shows of all time!
  • Four kids and their pup, drive across the world in their groovy "Mystery Machine", solving spooky mysteries involving ghosts and monsters.

This show was the first cartoon that I ever saw, and it has always been my favorite. This show defines cartoons and the '60s for me, in some weird way... This show always combined comedy, with mystery, and always kept you laughing and guessing at the same time. It was groundbreaking, in the fact that it had a set plot, and the kids would have to try and figure out who did what. I loved that aspect, and I would always find myself trying to figure out who the bad guy was, or what the monsters were after. All the characters were likable, especially Scooby and Shaggy. Scooby Doo had it all, creepy places, cool monsters, and when you add in that spooky music, you get a creepy yet fun show; and those aspects are what always appealed to me. This show always brings back memories of my childhood, and overall, this is a pretty groovy show. This show is Hanna and Barbera at their finest!
  • Nothing Better

There is nothing better than watching Scooby Doo and the rest of the gang meddle and catch the creepy criminal in the mask.

Scooby and Shaggy are best friends and nothing gets in between their friendship or in between them and their love of food.

Fred is the fearless leader while Daphne and Velma each bring their own unique qualities to the group. Velma is the creative one when it comes to helping Fred pull all the clues together and Daphne is the every pretty damsel in distress.

The Mystery Machine takes them wherever they need to go and keeps the gang together through good times and bad. Scooby Doo rules and the original is the best.
  • Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!

This is one of the most classic cartoons I have ever seen. I like all versions of Scooby Doo they are all equally as funny as one another. I really like it a lot it is funny and entertaining and you can really laugh at it. This show is hillarious.
  • My mom watched it, and now I am watching it! I hope it can stay so my kids can watch it. Very much of a classic.

All of these teenagers gather together to fight ghost, mummies and zombies. They go everywhere and anywhere to fight with them. This is such a classic show that I don't know anyone who hasen't heard of watched scooby-doo. I think that it was such a shame that in the 60's that it ended so early.
  • Scooby-Doo Where Are You?

Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! premiered on September 13, 1969. This cartoon introduced four kids and a dog named Scooby-Doo. These kids were Daphne Blake, Freddy Jones, Velma Dinkley, Norville "Shaggy" Rogers, and their mascot. They traveled around in a green van known as "The Mystery Machine" and solved many scary mysteries along the way.

In 1972, this show became The New Scooby-Doo Movies, which were hour-long episodes in which the gang teamed up with famous animated stars and celebrites to solve mysteries. This format aired until 1973.

Scooby-Doo was so popular to Hanna-Barbara that it spawned many different cartoon series throughout the 1970's and the early 1980's. These shows were as follows: The Scooby-Doo Show, a revamped format of this show, Scooby and Scrappy-Doo, which introduced the character Scrappy-Doo, The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo, and the last incarnation, A Pup Named Scooby-Doo, which featured the cast as kids. After more than a decade-long absence of original weekly shows, a new series, What's New Scooby-Doo?, began airing in September 2002.

Theme Song Lyrics

Scooby-Dooby-Doo, where are you?

We got some work to do now,

Scooby-Dooby-Doo, where are you?

We need some help from you now.

Come on, Scooby-Doo, I see you

Pretending you've got a sliver,

But you're not foolin' me,

'Cuz I can see

The way you shake and shiver!

You know we got a mystery to solve

So Scooby-Doo, be ready for your act!

(Scooby: Uh uh!)

Don't hold back!

And Scooby-Doo, if you come through

You're gonna have yourself a Scooby Snack!

That's a fact!

Scooby-Dooby-Doo, here are you,

You're ready and you're willing!

If we can count on you, Scooby-Doo

I know you'll catch that villian!

Show Times

Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! airs repeats every Monday-Thursday on Boomerang at 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM, it also technically airs Tuesday-Friday early mornings at 1:00 AM. It also airs on Cartoon Network Saturday early mornings at 4:30 AM. Scooby-Doo Where Are You?released 9 movies currently in 1999 - present.

Scooby-Doo On Zombie Island

Scooby-Doo And The Witch's Ghost

Scooby-Doo And The Alien Invaders

Scooby-Doo And The Cyber Chase

Scooby-Doo And The Monster Of Mexico

Scooby-Doo And The Loch Ness Monster

Scooby-Doo And The Legend Of The Vampire

Aloha Scooby-Doo Scooby-Doo in Where's Your Mummy?

The show also lead to a current 10th series Shaggy And Scooby-Doo Get A Clue due to start this fall on CW.

There were two live action Scooby-Doo Movies recently released in 2002 and 2004.

Character Bios:

Scooby "Scoobert" Doo: (Don Messick) Scooby-Doo is a great, "Great Dane". Though he's supposed to help the gang for sniffing out the clues, he's always the one running away from them. His very best friend is Shaggy! (Original name: Too Much)

Freddy Jones: (Frank Welker) Freddy is the leader of the gang, he makes sure everything is going right! He usually pairs up with Daphne or Velma when looking for clues. (Original names: Geoff, Ronnie) Daphne Blake: (Heather North) Blinded by her beautiful looks, Daphne is also very ditzy at times. She is the one always finding the clues but not on purpose. She's also the one who gets kidnapped a lot and held for randsom. She should have her very own randsom note! (Original name: Kelly) Norville "Shaggy" Rogers: (Casey Kasem) Shaggy is a scaredy-cat just like Scooby. Only problem is neither one of Scooby or Shaggy is cats and they still got that nickname! Shaggy's best friend and dog is Scooby-Doo! (Original name: W.W.) Velma Dinkley: (Nicole Jaffe) Velma is the smartie of the bunch. She comes in handy when the gang doesnt know the name of something or needs help... Literally! (Original name: Linda)

FAQ What is the investigating club that Scooby and the gang belong to?

Mystery, Inc. What type of dog is Scooby-Doo?

A Great Dane.

What is Scooby-Doo's real name?

Scoobert-Doo.

How many classic Scooby-Doo episodes are there?

310 episodes comprising 230 half-hours
  • A super Nostalgia classic that I will never forget.

The only issues that need to be worked on is. 1 The errors. I feel like there's always going to be a mistake in each episode. 2 The Unsolved Mysteries. I would agree with everything that the Scooby Doo case files has to report on. This show is a memory that will last forever. 96/100 Awesome.
  • A classic cartoon that is very enjoyable.

This show may have came out 40 years ago, but it is still a great show to watch. The show's plot is really unique. It is about a Great Dane named Scooby-Doo (a very interesting name) who solves mysteries with a group of teenagers named Shaggy, Velma, Daphne, and Fred. The mysteries that they solve are about ghosts, monsters, and other creatures that turn out to just be people in costumes who are just trying to scare people off so they can find money or other valuables in the places that they're haunting. Sccoby and Shaggy, in particular, are inseparable. They are complete slackers that love to eat just about anything in considerably large quantities. Velma is the smart one who usually does the most work in solving the mysteries. Daphne is the pretty girl who always seems to be by Fred, who is the leader of the gang who is just as determined as Velma to solve a mystery. Despite it's relatively poor animation, the show is very fun to watch because of it's humor, which is clearly intentional due to the laugh track. The show is also quite thrilling because of the mysteries. No wonder Scooby-Doo turned into a franchise with 10 incarnations of the series following this one.
  • Scooby Doo, Fred, Shaggy, Daphne and Velma solve mysteries of ghostly goings-on.

Scooby Doo is a talking dog owned by Shaggy as people call him but Shaggy's real name is Normal.
    These two scaredy cats along with the help of Fred Jones, Daphne Blake and Velma Dinkly are forever solving mysterious crimes and ghost stories. They can't even sit down in a holiday with a ghost story being told to them. Nor can they go to a theater or dance without it. Most of the time they find clues to what is going on eventually they figure out who or what the mystery is and Fred decides on a plan. Scooby and Shaggy hate this part because their always the "bait". The plan usually fails but in some bizzare way Scooby Doo comes to the rescue and captures the ghost. They reveal it and that person is then taken' to jail but not before the old statment " Yeah an' I woulda gotten away with too if it weren't for you medeling kids and that pesky pooch"
  • Scooby-Dooby-Doo, where are you?

Growing up, I loved watching the Great Dane Scooby and his Mystery, Inc. friends (one of which was owner Shaggy) go out and solve various mysteries all over the place. Even though the show was off the air for about a decade before I started watching it when I was a child. I really loved seeing in what ways Shaggy and Scooby would try to get out of going along with the rest of the gang to solve the mysteries that surround the various people and towns that they came across. Another thing that I liked about Shaggy was how he was the "hippie" of the group using the words "like" and "groovy" all of the time. Also, I liked the names of the monsters that they came across as well. I thought that the names like "The Miner 49er" or "Gator Ghoul" or "The Creeper". I just love the situations that Fred, Daphnie, Velma, Shaggy, and Scooby got themselves into, just to see how they got out of them. This show is a classic!
  • A chilhood favorite that still amuses

Scooby Doo was always entertaining to me as a child, and it still brings a smile to my face now decades later.

As a kid I liked the spooky stoies, but always felt disapointed the monsters were always people in masks. Then, in later incarnations of the show, I was disapointed when they were real monsters. Go figure.

The Scooby shows really lost me when Scappy was brought on. I could deal with the laff-a-lympics, and loved the Scooby Doo Movies, but Scappy was the nail in the coffin for me.

The original series is still the best, and most entertaining. It's both nostalgic, and entertaining in a camp way now that I am much older.
  • Ah good old Scooby Doo!

Scooby Dooby Doo, where are you? This is definitely one of those good old retro cartoons where it can thankfully be seen on Boomerang. Scooby Doo is one of my most favorite cartoons that was big in the late 60's and early 70's. Scooby Doo features a dog named Scooby Doo and his owner is Shaggy. Scooby is Shaggy's favorite and only pet dog, and Scooby can talk! Only he starts with r's to every word he says like Rikes! Other than Shaggy and Scooby Doo however, there are three other members to the crime solvers known as the Mystery Gang. These guys are Fred, Daphnie, and Velma. And in total, all five of them drive the Mystery Machine vehicle and solve clues as part of their detective jobs to uncover villains in any form of Halloween creature like monsters, ghosts, and witches. This show can be fun watching them solve all these mysteries! Their goal is to stop criminals and unmask them to figure out who the offender is. This is a great show.
  • Classic!!

This show used to be my favorite when I was little in the late 1990's .. My favorite Character used to be Scooby-Doo and Shaggy, now when I see this cartoon I think that Shaggy is always high.. LOL.. I used to love when the gang set up a trap for the supernatural forces(which turn out to be people in masks) and then scooby and shaggy always got cought in them, but then somehow scooby and shaggy manage to get them anyaway.. There is this new show called What's New Scooby-Doo?, and I think its great also, the cartoon movies are great also aswell as the Scooby-Doo and Scooby-Doo: Monsters Unleashed movies...
  • Good, but they need to play this more often than the DTV sequels and Mystery Inc.

This show rocks, but really-they need to play the original more often. The DTV sequels kill its reputation, but that's all CN ever plays Doo-related, unless you rule out Mystery Inc., capitalizing on its own stuff and sucking all the fun out of making fun of it. My favorite characters, if there are any, are Velma and Norville Rogers...but seriously, along with Spongebob, the show seems to just suffer from overexposure, especially during the three-DTV-movies a day rule. Why can't they just play the good-old Doo instead so we can ACTUALLY make fun of it, instead of watching the characters make fun of it?
  • Good show

Overused plots but shaggy and scooby are the light of the show with good jokes

< 1 2 3