Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!

CBS (ended 1972)

Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! Fan Reviews (88)

• to get this show in india again

i want back this show on-air in India once again...
  • To Get Over Its Cheesiness?

Few ep (09)
  • Great Cartoon

I remembered that show as a kid. It's one of my all-time favorites. Scooby-Doo and the gang solve mysteries.
  • CLASSIC!

CLASSIC JUST CLASSIC!
  • A super Nostalgia classic that I will never forget.

The only issues that need to be worked on is. 1 The errors. I feel like there's always going to be a mistake in each episode. 2 The Unsolved Mysteries. I would agree with everything that the Scooby Doo case files has to report on. This show is a memory that will last forever. 96/100 Awesome.
  • One Of Hanna-Barbera Great!

Ahh.. Scooby Doo Where Are You! While Writing This I Am Watching My Scooby Doo DVD's. Some Of Great Episodes Are What A Night For A Knight, Decoy For A Dognapper, Foul Play In Funland, Scooby-Doo And A Mummy, Go Away Ghost Ship And Jeepers, It's The Creeper. What The Plot Well Everyone Know The Plot. For Kids 70's And 90's A Giant Nostalgia Trip 10/10.
  • Nostalgia Galore!

This was by far my favourite show when I was growing up and it's still a lot of fun to go back occasionally and watch a few of the episodes (even though I have seen all 25 about a million times). There is no episodes I dislike although some are weaker than others, they all follow similar patterns starting with them finding out about the mystery, then interviewing any suspects and looking for clues, then getting chased by the ghost/ monster and finally setting some sort of trap which always captures the ghost in some way and then ends with the reveal of the villian and his ploy. Every episode in both series are a lot of fun and I enjoy re-watching everyone because even though they are all very similar in format, each episode has a variety of differences and certain things stand out from each one. All in All terrific Series of Scooby's 10/10 :D

- EPISODES BEST TO WORST -

1. A Night of Fright is no Delight

2. Don't Fool with a Phantom

3. Foul Play in Funland

4. Scooby's Night with a Frozen Fright

5. Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Werewolf?

6. Mine Your Own Business

7. A Tiki Scare is No Fair

8. Go Away Ghost Ship

9. The Haunted House Hang-Up

10. Hassle in the Castle

11. Jeepers iit's the Creeper

12. Which Witch is Which?

13. A Gaggle of Galloping Ghosts

19. Bedlam in the Bigtop

20. Never Ape an Ape Man

21. The Backstage Rage

22. Scooby Doo and a Mummy Too

23. What the Hex Going On?

24. What a Night for a Knight

25. Decoy for a Dognapper

- ALL EPISODES A GREAT THOUGH -

• Good show

Overused plots but shaggy and scooby are the light of the show with good jokes

• Great Show

It was one of my favorite shows growing up.It was one of many great Scooby-Doo shows.
  • Classic Cartoon

This is One of the best shows ever.
  • Scooby Doo ROCKS ! ! ! ! !

I grew up watching Scooby-Doo Where are You. I loved it then, and still do. My childrend grew up watching the reruns as well as Whats New Scooby-Doo. After looking at these comments, it is quite obvious that most people agree that Scooby-Doo ROCKS!!!!!! None of the other cartoons have changed and evolved over the years, to keep up with their audience!
  • My favorite cartoon growing up.

This show was long gone before I was born (1996) but I remember when reruns were aired on Cartoon Network as a toddler and I'd always stay up to 10 o'clock watching the gang solve mysteries. I loved trying to guess who the bad guy was, or even unimportant things like how many Scooby Snacks Velma would have to give Scooby in order for him to participate in the dangerous activities or who would end up with who based on Freddy's pairings. It was a great, enjoyable show and one of the few from my childhood that I can still bear to watch today. I just can't believe it only lasted a quarter of a hundred episodes.
  • Unbelievably horrible.

I find it quite hard to comprehend exactly why this show is beloved by so many people of so many generations. I really don't know what to think about that. When I was younger, I was completely bored watching this shoddy animation with an unbearably consistent and predictable plot for every single god-forsaken episode. I mean, at the time I was probably five-ten years of age watching this, but I could tell even then when poor entertainment was being handed to me. My mother and my younger brother, along with countless others, have poor taste in a show that is popular simply based on the fact that people watched it. Not because of aesthetic value. Reminds me of a little show which also aired in the seventies by the name of "The Brady Bunch."
  • This show was before my time, but even as a ten year old watching it on Cartoon Network, I would say to myself "this is really stupid."

5.5
    I've never understood why Scooby Doo has such a strong cultural foothold. I guess with todays cartoons my generation has become jaded. But even so, there are few excuses that can be made for this show. Every episode is essentially the same; they break down, theres a "haunted" house/theme park/hotel/whatever. The ghost pirate/diver/clown chases them, it turns out to be the first character introduced. He was trying to scare everyone away so he could use whatever the haunting thing was. The jokes are lame, the animation is lazy, and the characters have basically set lines every episode. Why didn't Freddy and Daphne ever hook up either; there was something there. The Flintstones and other old cartoons managed to have interesting stories and characters. Scooby Doo, Where are You! might be popular but ever since I was little I have not liked this cartoon. The laugh track just made it even worse.
  • Not trying to offend Scooby fans, but I just don't like Hanna Barbara's work (except, of course, Tom and Jerry).

A couple things I don't like about the show:

Bad sound effects: Ugh. The sound effects sound like they were done 4 decades before the show was produced. They are unappealing, and far from convincing.

The humor and the laugh tracks:

This show doesn't make me laugh, and I especially get annoyed by the seemingly constant sounds of the laugh tracks.

The stories:

Come on! They can do a lot better! The stories are always the same concept--Some criminal does something bad, the gang tries to solve it, Scooby and Shaggy are totally freaked out by whatever is in the place where they are, the villain always ends up being the first person they meet in the episode--add some variety, at least to change my opinion a little.

If any die-hard fans of this show were offended by my review, I appologize. I meant no harm; my only intention was to express my opinion.
  • scooby-dooby-doooo!...

I love Scooby-Doo! The show was about 4 teens(Fred, Daphne,Velma, Shaggy) & their great dane(Scooby) solving different mysteries. The ghosts always turn out to be bad guys in masks. This show rocks! I always watch it when it comes on Cartoon network. i think it shoulda lasted longer than 2 or 3 years. i dont know what else to say about this classic Hanna-Barbara show execpt that it is brilliant! i love the humor in the show, too=) i recommend Scooby-Doo to anybody who hasnt seen it. Well, that's all i got to say. bye! asd fghui cvbnm ghuidm gbnm
  • This show was made 12 years before I was born, and it makes me wish that THIS was the show I grew up on.

I have loved Scooby Doo since I was 3 years old. This particular show is the best out of all Scooby Doo shows. I also found it neat the way Hanna-Barbera put a laugh track in. Scooby and Shaggy were always the ones encountering the ghosts and the things they would say before running are funny. Sometimes Velma would get in on the action, making it even more hilarious. I wished they had kept Velma as a goof-ball in the rest of the later shows instead of making her a serious character.
    I especially loved the second season, where they had the chase music sung by Danney Jansen. If only this show could come back in this format, artwork, voices, etc. Who cares about trying to fit Scooby Doo in the 21st century? This is CLASSIC cartoon comedy that should be brought back.
  • Classic

This was one of my favourite cartoons. A group of kids works on mysterious sightings of monsters who cause problems for people. I especially liked the duo shaggy and scooby they always did stupid things to make matters worse. Usually Velma had to help them. The places where the stories took place where also cool swamps, mines, castles, ships, islands. Most of the time the monsters where guys in costumes wanting to take revenge on people or trying to get people to leave for their own purposes. And i would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids! It's a kind of show that was exciting to watch. I grew up in the nineties and a lot of reruns where shown on Sunday morning. What hooked me on the show was the overall atmosphere. it was funny spooky and exciting to watch. Later you had the scooby doo show which also was very good. I haven't seen much of the newest mystery incorporated but i think you could milk out the show too much. Eventhow the show started in the late sixties it is still good fun.
  • Good, but they need to play this more often than the DTV sequels and Mystery Inc.

This show rocks, but really-they need to play the original more often. The DTV sequels kill its reputation, but that's all CN ever plays Doo-related, unless you rule out Mystery Inc., capitalizing on its own stuff and sucking all the fun out of making fun of it. My favorite characters, if there are any, are Velma and Norville Rogers...but seriously, along with Spongebob, the show seems to just suffer from overexposure, especially during the three-DTV-movies a day rule. Why can't they just play the good-old Doo instead so we can ACTUALLY make fun of it, instead of watching the characters make fun of it?
  • Super Classic

I enjoy the original Scooby Doo more than any of the newer versions combined. Yeah, the animation at the time was pretty terrible. We are talking 1960-1970s work though. I just can not be that harsh on such an old product. The mysteries, villains, and heroes for the most part are memorable. I believe that shows such as this are so rare nowadays. The old HB cartoons are great to watch. I really enjoyed that Space Ghost villain with the creepy laugh in one of the older episodes. Now that was great and memorable. The intro itself is even classic.
  • How can you not like Scooby-Doo?

I grew up watching this show. No, I did not grow up in the 60's or the 70's, I grew up in the 90's when Cartoon Network had reruns on all of the time. I have always loved Scooby-Doo and I still watch him today. This series was not only Scooby's first series, but it was his greatest. I have seen every one of his tv shows and grew up with all of the classics and this series is still the best. The villians were very memorable and the characters had great chemistry and the plots and stories were always perfect. I even liked the animation that was used with this series. Scooby-Doo Where are You is one of those cartoons that appeals to all ages, not just kids, but to teenagers, adults, and 100 year olds. If you have not seen this show then I feel sorry for you.
  • Classic

This is one of my favorite cartoons. I think that the mysterys are fun to figure out and that its a fun, funny show. There are a few things I don't like about it though. The first and second seasons were amazing. They receive a 10. Same with the third, actually. Unfortunately, it declined from there. The new Scooby series were bad, with the exception of It's a pup named scooby doo. I have every episode on either tape or dvd, and the VHS tapes bring back so many memories. With the new ones, they go right to DVD. I just like the classic ones better. I don't know if this review makes sense I just wanted to get over 100 words.
  • Scooby dooby dooo

Scooby Doo, like many other Hanna-Barbera shows at the time, was simply lazy and poorly animated; you just can't get past it. The characters were wooden and one-dimensional (or, in Daphne and Fred's case, no-dimensional). Did Daphne ever say or do anything but find trap doors? Velma was pretty much the only one to solve the mysteries, if you think about it. The animation was poor because of the lack of expression, wooden movements (In one episode, Shaggy tried to open a door. [unbent]Hand slightly covers knob. He barely jiggles it before he decides it's locked.), and lack of consistency. However, I won't nitpick. I'm not saying this show doesn't deserve its fame or merit. After all, a bad cartoon in the 70's was a lot different than a bad cartoon now. The theme song, though short, is very catchy, iTunes worthy if it was extended a minute or so. Plus, the campiness and nostalgia definitely raises its worth up by a few points. Besides, it's a talking dog. Everyone loves those.
  • One of the best cartoon series ever!

If we think about it, this is one of those series which almost everyone watched in their childhood... The series tells us about a group of meddling kids and their Great Dane, who love to solve mysteries and unmask bad guys, who for one reason or another disguise themselves as monsters. Fred is the leader, Daphne is the damsel in distress and fashion diva, Velma is the brains of the operation with a somehow sacrastic temperament, Shaggy is the unstoppable eating machine, and Scooby-Doo is probably the only dog who's afraid of everything, including his own shadow. Together, they form the Mystery Inc, world's most successful detective agency, who has been catching bad guys for more than 4 decades now. No matter what kind of villain stands in their way, they always find a way to solve the mystery, in time to get a milkshake in the nearest malt-shop. With already 12 series, 14 animated films, 4 live-action films, a monthly comic book and a huge legion of fans, this isprobably the best series ever created by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera (not counting the Flintstones, the Jetsons and Wacky Races, of course), this is a series which has gone for more than 40 years now, and seems to never get old. 10 out of 10, no doubt about it!
  • Classic Scooby Doo

This show is about a gang of teenage friends, from Mystery Inc. solving mysteries. The Mystery Inc crew is comprised of Fred, Daphene, Velma, Shaggy, and of course Scooby Doo. Together they investigate mysterious mishaps and mysteries of ghosts. I enjoy this show for the most part, that I can still turn on the channel and be able to enjoy it. There are a couple of flaws though, firstly I don't like the laugh track, it's annoying after watching it a billion times to hear the laugh track, some of the mysteries are too simplistic. Great classic for the most part. Worth Watching. 8/10 B-
  • A classic cartoon that is very enjoyable.

This show may have came out 40 years ago, but it is still a great show to watch. The show's plot is really unique. It is about a Great Dane named Scooby-Doo (a very interesting name) who solves mysteries with a group of teenagers named Shaggy, Velma, Daphne, and Fred. The mysteries that they solve are about ghosts, monsters, and other creatures that turn out to just be people in costumes who are just trying to scare people off so they can find money or other valuables in the places that they're haunting. Sccoby and Shaggy, in particular, are inseparable. They are complete slackers that love to eat just about anything in considerably large quantities. Velma is the smart one who usually does the most work in solving the mysteries. Daphne is the pretty girl who always seems to be by Fred, who is the leader of the gang who is just as determined as Velma to solve a mystery. Despite it's relatively poor animation, the show is very fun to watch because of it's humor, which is clearly intentional due to the laugh track. The show is also quite thrilling because of the mysteries. No wonder Scooby-Doo turned into a franchise with 10 incarnations of the series following this one.
  • Terrific show. Intellegent and Entertaining for children and nostalgic adults.

Scooby-Doo,Where are you! was a brilliant show even by today's standards. Although Scooby-Doo has been resurrected in many incarnations (TV, Movies, Books, you name it), this was the epitome of what Scooby-Doo was about and why we loved him. The characters were likable and the show was enthralling. Many criticize the fact that in this show all of the monsters were criminals in elaborate costumes but, truth be told, that was the secret to much of it's success. Kids enjoy mysteries and the show wasn't overly scary because the children knew that none of the supernatural horror was real and that there was a logical explanation behind it (and that Velma probably knew what it was). It taught children that they needn't be overly afraid of ghosts and that they should face their fears (even reluctantly). it also taught them that thinking is a good way of attacking their problems.... oh and it was funny and fun. that always helps.
  • classic

i generally like shows that have mysteries because then of course, the audience can try and figure them out. but i don't always like this show, it's the one that started all the other Scooby Doos, and it is alright as its own. The main thing I do not like is the animation overall, and I think the laugh track is annoying {i do not think cartoons should ever have laugh tracks, even early ones like this}. But overall a nice show for the family to watch, my overall grade for this one Scooby Doo show is a high B+/A-
  • good show.

I used to love this show growing up. All the characters were funny and engaging, especially Scooby (obviously) and Shaggy (ZOINKS!). Though the plot is kind of boring (gang uncovers mystery. gang goes to the place to solve said mystery. gang successfully solves said mystery. closure.), it is (to me at least) one of the best cartoons OF ALL TIME. Too bad its spin-offs mostly suck, though the movies are pretty good (lame, but good). The only problem is the stupid laugh track. What kind of cartoon has a laugh track?!? I dunno, but the show's funny without a laugh track assuring us (the audience) of its humor. Still, it's a great show.
  • Scooby Doo Where Are You is one of the coolest cartoons ever. I liked every character in the show. Shaggy, Scooby, Velma, Fred, and Daphne, riding around in that cool van, solving mysteries. You gotta love that.

The whole idea of them riding around in that totally cool van called The Mystery Machine and solving mysteries and being chased by ghosts and creepy creatures is one of the best ideas ever for a cartoon. And the characters were all cool. Scooby Doo the amazing dog who could talk and acted almost like a human. But he was so chicken and it was always so funny to see how he would react every time he would be faced by a ghost or a monster. Shaggy was just as chicken as Scooby. And I loved how Shaggy talked. And who can forget his famous phrase that he said in almost every episode. ZOINKS!!! Velma, the super smart one with the glasses. She was the one who solved most of the mysteries. Fred, the leader. He usually helped with solving the mysteries and he was always known for saying, " let's split up and look for clues. " And Daphne. She was pretty but she was always getting kidnapped. Her nick name was Danger Prone Daphne. I really like every character and I really like this show.