Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!

Scooby-Doo And The Witch's Ghost

Aired Saturday 10:30 AM Oct 05, 1999 on CBS

• I didn't know there was a real Witch around... This just keeps getting better and better by the minute!

A nice movie which gives us the feeling that every mystery that Mystery Inc. tries to solve is better than the last one. The characters are as funny as ever, and the fact of the Hex Girls making their debut in the Scooby-Doo series, makes this one of those movies we Scooby-Doo fans cannot miss. The plot itself is very well written and thought, because we find out that not everything is what it seems, and we get to face a fake witch and a real witch who wants revenge on those who imprisoned her.

The voice cast is really good, and we get a really great time from laughing about the characters and the situations they get themselves into. A great movie with a great mystery. Don't miss it!
  • Stop in New England to find a Witch's Ghost.

In this direct to video movie from the "Scooby-Doo" series, I must say that the writing for it and the voice talents of the actors in it are very good.

In the storyline, Scooby and the gang meet up with a famous horror writer and he invites them to his hometown's Autumn Harvest Festival to see the New England Fall color. When they arrive, Scooby, the gang and Ben find that the mayor and the rest of the is using the premise of a Witch's Ghost (who was Ben's ancestor and claimed to be a wiccan, but was really a witch) to boost tourism for the festival.

While investigating, they found out the truth to the town's lies and that Ben is a warlock, being an ancestor to the town's witch and he plans on releasing her spirit to wreak havoc on the town who imprisioned her. When it appears that he will succeed,the gang remembers that a local band member is a Wiccan and has her help enslave both Ben and the released Sarah Ravencroft in the witch's spellbook.

With the voice talents of the actors involved, I must say that they did a great job portraying the classic characters from the series. Scott Innes was great in the roles of Scooby and Shaggy, and the late Mary Kay Bergman was superb as Daphine's voice. They sounded very similar to the actors and actress who were the characters in the series.

In all, I found this to be a very addition to the Scooby-Doo franchise.