A Scorpion Community
Monday 10:00 PM on CBS

To go with its brand-new 2014-2015 schedule, CBS has released trailers for a handful of new series, including procedural spin-off NCIS: New Orleans, the Kevin Williamson drama Stalker, and the hacker-y drama Scorpion. Take a look, then let's hear your first impressions in the comments!

Scorpion

In Scorpion, an eccentric genius (Elyes Gabel) and his international network of super-geniuses form the last line of defense against the complex threats of the modern age. Sleepy Hollow creators Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci will executive-produce the project, which comes from Prison Break's Nick Santora. Katharine McPhee, Eddie Kaye Thomas, Ari Stidham, and Robert Patrick will also star.

Stalker

Stalker focuses on a pair of detectives who handle stalking incidents for the Threat Management Unit of the LAPD. Dylan McDermott will star as Detective Jack Larsen, a recent transfer to the Threat Assessment Unit from the Big Apple, and Maggie Q will play Detective Beth Davis, the head of the squad. The Following's Williamson will write and executive-produce. Mariana Klaveno and Victor Rasuk will also star.

Madam Secretary 

Madam Secretary is a drama about the personal and professional life of a maverick female Secretary of State (Tea Leoni) as she drives international diplomacy, wrangles office politics, and balances a complex family life. Joan of Arcadia creator Barbara Hall wrote the pilot, and will executive-produce with Oscar-winner Morgan Freeman. Tim Daly, Bebe Neuwirth, Geoffrey Arend, Patina Miller, Erich Bergen, and Katherine Herzer will also star.

NCIS: New Orleans 

NCIS: New Orleans follows a local field office in the Big Easy, a city whose rich setting of music, fun and debauchery is a magnet for military personnel on leave — but with that fun comes trouble, and when the city's darker side emerges, Special Agent Dwayne Pride and his team are the ones to call. NCIS's Gary Glasberg and Mark Harmon will executive-produce. Scott Bakula, Zoe McLellan, Lucas Black, and CCH Pounder will star. 

The McCarthys

The McCarthys is a family comedy about a loud, sports-crazy Boston clan that includes Laurie Metcalf, Jack McGee, Joey McIntyre, Tyler Ritter, Jimmy Dunn, and Kelen Coleman. Brian Gallivan (Are You There, Chelsea?) will write and executive-produce with Friends with Benefits' Will Gluck and Mike Sikowitz.

CBS also showed a preview of midseason Vince Gilligan drama Battle Creek during its Upfronts presentation, but hasn't yet made the clip available online. Check back for updates! Trailers for Matthew Perry's remake of The Odd Couple and CSI: Cyber are not yet available. 

Okay, let's hear your first impressions! Anything here look good to you? 

Upfronts 2014 HQ:
New Shows, Network Schedules, Video Previews, and More

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 4/25/2016

Season 2 : Episode 24

85 Comments
Comments (85)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Scorpion looks very good and yes it will be awesome to watch
Flag
The best part of Scorpion's trailer was the very beginning, with the three Hueys flying in formation loaded with commandos. That should tell you a little about how memorable the show will be.

None of the others even merit discussion.
Flag
I'll be checking out Stalker! It looks pretty good AND it has the always amazing Maggie Q!
Flag
I also think Scorpion and Stalker will be awesome! An odd thing for former American Idol contestant Katharine McPhee to be starring in a television show..so I guess her singing career really never took off? But then Eddie Kaye Thomas who played Finch in America Pie is also in the cast for Scorpion so I love that..he could be really good in this type of show! Stalker and the pairing of Maggie O and Dylan McDermott could be a match made in heaven and Kevin Williamson is just brilliant! This could be the surprise hit of the new fall season for CBS! Finally since Im mostly a crime drama/suspense shows lover I really dont have much opinion on the others however, Madame Secretary since it has Tea Leoni could be a hit.
Flag
I think I'll try Scorpion and Madam Secretary, I just cant resist Tea Leoni.
Flag
I think the stalker team would work better if they are NOT LAPD. Lets hope they will gets some good guest stars

Flag
I think you are right about getting good guest stars however with the acting prowess of Dylan McDermott and as good as Maggeie O was as Nikita and with pairing of Kevin Williamson I think it could be a pretty big show. I guess only time will tell though!
Flag
no confidence with Kevin Williamson at all.
Flag
Scorpion looks interesting but for a show about geniuses, the writing better be good or fans will crush them.

Stalker by Kevin Williamson. It sound so stupid and most likely procedural. Another one of those criminal minds kind of show but it has Maggie Q ! I would watch anything with Maggie Q ! Williamson knows how to cast.

Madam Secretary looks like the kind of political drama I would like. Tea Leoni looks hot.

The other two, I will pass.

Flag
You mean CBS didn't say anything in the logline for The McCarthys that the main character was gay? A clever ploy to show everyone how okay they are with homosexuality? Or a clever ploy to ensure their old and decrepit don't know this until they start watching the series?
Flag
No, no, no, no and no. Sometimes I wonder how CBS are the number one rated free-to-air network when they consistently offer up the same boring stuff every season.
Flag
Scorpion looks like a one and done, maybe 13 episodes even, nothing about this looks like it'll resonate well with audiences. The very premise in the trailer just happened recently in real life and it wasn't remotely interesting, they just dealt with the problem. The waitress thing was just painfully trite.

Stalker, I couldn't even get through that trailer, so very self-important and so pretentious, acting as if it's grounded when it's the furthest thing from that.

Madam Secretary has such a strong cast, but then something so dumb happens that I walked away from that the trailer.

NCIS: Nola's trailer is taken straight from the backdoor pilot, and that was such a horrible episode (2 episodes really).

The McCarthys really started poorly, that "Miami Sound Machine" joke was so predictable, and it just got worse and worse. At least the kid is actually gay, not just effeminate. This is a pass, but it's not quiiiiiite as horrible as I expected, it's just regular-horrible.

So um, none of this please.
Flag
I honestly don't know how something like The McCarthys even makes it to pilot stage, let alone getting picked up. The awkwardly timed laugh track, the done-to-death concept, the bland casting, the lack of a single genuine laugh... Seriously, you can't just hang a sitcom on the back of "Look! It's Sheldon's mom!' and expect people to watch it.
Flag
Stalker sounded so stupid... but that trailer actually makes it look pretty good.

The same thing happened when I heard about Salem and Penny Dreadful. Neither sounded that appealing, but their respective trailers really sold me on them. It's funny how a good trailer can do that.
Flag
Stalker all the way! Maggie & Dylan! Wow! After cancellations of theirs shows I'm happy to see them already and together! Yes!
Flag
I definitely like Scorpion and Stalker
Flag
That Scorpion trailer looks like it has a bit of a plot-hole.
Planes can land VFR, they do have people in them called pilots, who are trained for that.
So if all computer systems and communications systems crash, that doesn't mean the planes just fly around in circles until they fall out of the sky.

They would fly the pre-determined pattern and land in order using standard Visual Flight Rules. It was perfect weather for that.

Other than that, the show looks pretty darn cool to me! I'll definitely give it the three-episode test.

All other shows seem either extremely bad (McCarthy's), extremely lame (Stalker), or just not my style (Madam Secretary, NCIS:NO).
Flag
LOL, Scorpion looks like it could be interesting and fun. But how many times did the trailer have to remind us that he is a genius??
We get it trailer! They're all adorkable-genius-turbo-nerds.
BUT we mustn't forget - His name is Walter and he is a G.E.N.I.U.S O_o

Flag
Oh my Stalker! Poor Maggie Q. 😣 She's got her work cut out for her because she's gonna have to move mountains to rescue this show from it's entire premise.

Seriously, what is Kevin Williamson even thinking these days? He just doesn't do good crime thrillers!!! He should've stuck with the teen/supernatural genres. Those are the shows that he actually excels at and I'll never understand why he moved on to these desperate attempts at "serious television".
Stalker? Oh boy...where do I even begin?? It looks about as intelligent as The Following. Fool me once Kev, shame on you.

Leave the serious stuff to the grown ups and go back to The CW, Kevin! Besides, The Vampire Diaries need you back - desperately.
Flag
I'd really want Madam Secretary (or anything, really) to be as good as The Good Wife but it doesn't look this way. I don't think the main actress is anywhere near Margulies.
The comedy looks terrible.
Flag
I was thinking the same thing for Madam Secretary. It is difficult to have as good writers as those on TGW.
Flag
Scorpion looks good. Stalker and Madam Secretary look better than I thought.
Flag
NCIS :New Orleans and stalker look great.
Flag
Nothing for me from the spin off network.
Flag
NCIS New Orleans, Stalker and Scorpion for me please :)
Flag
I've checked out every up fronts that have been released so far and this is the first time I've actually had good feelings about every clip a network has released! There have only been one or two I've liked so far in the others but these all are piquing my interest!! LOVE CBS
Flag
Stalker cause I'm a big Maggie Q fan, and it actually looks pretty good, and Scorpion doesn't look that bad either, I might give it a chance.
Flag
aside from stalker not interested in the rest of the new shows.
Flag
Meh.
Flag
looking forward to see Stalker.. Dylan is such an amazing actor...
Flag
Stalker looks AMAZING. I'm predicting it does well. It has the procedural look that CBS likes but it also has the right amount of creepiness and some deep emotion behind it. There is nothing like feeling your being watched and you can't do anything about it.
Flag
Like Scorpion, will try NCIS: New Orleans because I cant stand the other NCIS anymore .
Madame Secretary too.
Flag
I am looking forward to see Stalker, Stalkerand Madam Secretary .. and don't care about the others specially NCIS: New Orleans, i am fed up with it..... enjoy every body
Flag
I want Madam Secretary to be the new The Good Wife (since it is winding down) but I won't get my hopes up since that other show about the female President a few years back, lasted one season.

In all honesty, I liked the trailer for The McCarthys, mainly because of Sheldon's mom. I'll give it a shot.

I really like the concept of Scorpion, but like Intelligience, and other wacky spy shows, I don't see it appealing to the masses so it will probably be cancelled rather quickly.
Flag
DANG IT! There was NOTHING in the description of Madam Secretary that sounded remotely interesting, but that trailer changed all that. Now I have to add another one to my list. (sigh) I'm never going to get ANY work done!

Flag
The TOPIC of stalker has no appeal to me but I love the two leads. Maggie Q is awesome, of course.

And, I've been waiting for McDermot to land a good show every since I saw him on The Practice (which I HATED). Hopefully this show will be the one.

I liked the characterization in the trailer.

Flag
I loved the two leads as well. I just hoped the writing on the show is bearable.
Flag
I agree with you and it is nice to see them working together.. she is amazing and he is funny.... nice one
Flag
OK, Scorpion looks AMAZING.
Flag
++YES++

Madam Secretary - I didn't recognize Tea Leoni at first but really like how her character is written and acted. Nice to see such an strong, well-rounded, mature female character.

++MAYBE++

Stalker - I like Maggie Q in general and the cases and her character's involvement in them look well constructed. What I don't like: Dylan McDermott's character. Looks slapped into the show for some ill-judged comic relief. He doesn't feel necessary, just grating. The heaviness of the subject matter. I'm not sure I'm going to want to face these realistic, disturbing storylines every week.

++NO++

Scorpion - I feel like I'm going to be asked to accept too much that doesn't make sense here. That the Scorpion team are the brightest ppl in the world. Really? That they'd be working on their own instead of say for NSA and that Homeland Security would come to them for help instead of to say NSA??? This would have been more watchable to me if they'd set this team up as part of one of the security or law enforcement services and dialed back the crazy a little bit more.

NCIS: New Orleans - NOOOOO!!!

The McCarthy's - Uggh.
More+
Flag
Stalker looks good and maybe Madam Secretary. The rest, I´m not sure about it :/
Flag
I will probably love Scorpion for about 4 - 10 episodes. Then I will break up with the show because it will get too ridiculous / soap opera-ish / hard to suspend all rational thought during the run time.

Stalker just looks exploitive to me.

The McCarthy's seems terrible -- stale jokes, stale stereotypes, unlikable characters and the most intrusive laugh track ever.
Flag
oh look Nikita has infiltrated the LAPD. i think ill give this a look. shes probably just trying to use the police resources to find Amanda who escaped or something
Flag
Scorpion, Looks like we got ourselves a Geek/nerd Hybrid version of "21 Jump Street" (The TV Version) ........ I'll watch it though.

Stalker, Alright! Nikita is back..., sort of. This show looks good.

Madame Sec..., not my kind of show.

NCIS:N.O. ....Still think Scott Bakula is the wrong guy for the role.

McCarthy's....... Nope!
Flag
Mmm. Maggie Q. I'd rather her character be "Nikita", but this will do.

And I am sure the female persuasion says: "Mmmm Dylan McDermot and his bare nekkid butt"
Flag
Nope. Never found McDermot even remotely attractive. Maggie Q on the other hand? Meeeoow!!
Flag
God I love you.
Flag
All this ones seem to be a huge pass for me, Scorpion maybe for a ep or 2 but it will get boring fast!
Flag
Get out your scorecards now to predict which shows on each network will be cancelled after 4 episodes, put on hiatus then lose viewers, and promoted as "number one" while it's remaining episodes are burned off after it's been cancelled.
Flag
Lol. So true!
*trailer dude voice* "Americas number one drama - Stalker - coming soon and leaving even sooner."
Flag
Excited, this is a tv fanatics dream page. First two I'm totally sold but I'll watch the other pilots to check them out
Flag
Scorpion looks stupid. All those geniuses and nobody knows how an airport works? Or that there are human beings flying these things? If a tower is down then the pilots can contact each other or other planes. Secondary control towers can be established. And at the very least someone can stand on the ground with paddles and wave signals to the pilots. Besides, nobody wants to watch a bunch of know-it-alls. It's going to fail horribly.

The NCIS:New Orleans preview just used a bunch of scenes from the NCIS episode. But it doesn't really need a preview because of the NCIS episode.

Flag
Stalker looks good, but then again, so did the preview for The Following. Scorpion kind of reminds me of a cross between Touch, Intelligence and Mind games- not a good mix.
Flag
Scorpion looks like a comedy and it has all the stereotypical ''geniuses''

madam secreatary didnt they do this with political animals what is up with having a female sec of state

Stalkers geez I really hope cbs and other networks move away from the procedural crime shows they are so boring and outdated
Flag
Scorpion looks interesting.
Stalker looks ok, might check it out.
Flag
Another NCIS spin-off, not into it, plus they should of used different footage that wasn't the entire episode NCIS "Crescent City"
Flag
I couldn't stand 55 seconds of The McCarthys. Laugh track? Really?
Flag
Yes! It's like someone said "give me 100% of the trailer and 300% of the laugh track!"
Flag
I can't believe they still use that!
Flag
Scorpion = Intelligence 2.0

Stalker = Kevin Williamson follows up The Following with a show about fanatical followers who follow their victims, but this time starring Maggie Q's ass!!!

Madam Secretary = Is Shonda Rhimes working for CBS now? Because it really looks like a Shonda Rhimes show.

NCIS: New Orleans = After killing off the Star Trek TV franchise, Scott Bakula returns to once again prove he is not a great leading man and attempt to kill off the NCIS franchise.

The McCarthys = Oooh look, its Sheldons mom!

I'll be checking out Stalker, (did I mention Maggie Q's ass?), and Madam Secretary - the only 2 that look promising to me
Flag
Lol. Oh my Stalker!!! Hasn't The Following taught you anything? Yeah, I know, I know - Maggie Q is H.O.T. I agree. But her ass?? It is as flat as a pancake! Unless you meant "Maggie Q's ass" as in - her entire body + her head.

I'll watch it if you do the photo recaps though. ;-P
Flag
Really? When she was in the finale I thought her butt was one, if not her only, outstanding features of natural beauty!
Flag
I would disagree about Bakula killing off Star Trek. The show just wasn't well written. He was great in Quantum Leap, still one of my favorite shows.
Flag
He's ham on ham since QL which was, let's face it, hammy. The pilot of NCIS Oh Boi! proves this further. I watched it out of boredom and laughed on a few occasions at him hitting and throwing guys about and then giving 'The Hasselfof' (as I dub it) stare into space with meaningful nonsense. Enterprise was ill suited to him and the best thing he's been in was that Ray Romano man thing, in which he played, drum roll, an aging gigolo - cue Dave Lee Roth...
Flag
You do realise Madam Secretary = Shonda Rhimes token show, right?
Flag
Yep
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members