Scoundrels Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Just watch Outrageous Fortune already!

DanteMontoyez

[1]Jun 18, 2010
    • level: 5

"Outrageous Fortune" has already done an amazing job with this premise for 5 years, going on 6 and presumably more. Get onto Amazon and buy the first season, you won't regret it and the rest will likely follow.

Whoever is producing this joke of a remake better have learned some lessons from the UK remake, "Honest". "Honest" remade half of the first season of OF line-for-line, only it was dumber, duller, racist, classist, and Loretta went from being a counter-culture pseudo-goth to a beautiful blonde (they already have one, her name is Pascal). Well, those aren't the names from "Honest", but "honest"ly I couldn't be bothered to remember that crap.

I won't judge this show until I've seen it but based on most remakes I'd say this will be rubbish. If you watch this show and don't think it's good, BUY "OUTRAGEOUS FORTUNE" INSTEAD. The entire world is missing out on an amazing dramedy. Well ok, just those of you who still suckle on the teat of pay cable and DVD rentals. We who learned to use BitTorrent have been enjoying quality television on our own schedule.

Get onto BitTorrent and start downloading now. C'mon, the West family would approve.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Badbootybaby

[2]Jun 22, 2010
    • level: 1

Have to agree, this is just a BADDDDDDDD take of Outrageous, I actually like some of the actors in this remake, but sorry you cannotttttt compare to OT!!! Trying to call yourself Wests??? PAAALEASE!!! OT Cant be replaced, you all just need to get it off Amazon and watch something worth your time, and trust me the show is one of the best!You cant take a pure NZ show and adapt that to American

dantoujours

[4]Jun 28, 2010
    • level: 1
    Longtime fan of Outrageous Fortune. I finally watched the first episode of this. It misses the comedic tension, no music and the acting is off. Watch the original.

Peggy_Porcupine

[5]Jun 30, 2010
    • level: 13

I saw the first episode of Outrageous Fortune, and, while the script is almost the same, the language is much more obscene and the sex is crude. Prefer the tamed down North American version.

gabfan31

[7]Dec 30, 2010
    • level: 100
    The watered down version US never had a chance. Take away the grit, and you lose the heart.