Scrubs Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

General Q&A Thread... ask anything!

-hanna-

[1]Mar 27, 2007
    • level: 12

Well, I'm more of a watcher than a participator in the Scrubs forum, but one thing I've noticed is that a lot of the threads being started are short questions which could be answered in a few posts, and don't really need an entire thread. So, feel free to let this drop off the page if the idea doesn't appeal to you guys, but I give you the General Q&A Thread, for all questions Scrubs or TV.com related, big or small!

Feel free to post here and see if everyone can help you out. Enjoy =D

xx

FAQ BORROWED FROM AND WRITTEN BY SUGAH66 =) Slightly edited, to be relevant to this forum.

:

Answers to Frequently Asked Questions:

1) How do I increase my level?

TV.com is all about contribution. If you want to increase your level, you need to contribute to the site. This includes posting in the forums, posting blogs, reviewing shows/episodes/people, and submitting quotes/trivia/recaps. Every time you make a post, a review, or a submission, you get points toward your level.

2) How do I post a picture?

You must be a level three to put pictures in both your signature and a post. Once you are a level three, find the URL of the picture you want to post (the URL is the web address, which you can find by right-clicking the picture and going to "properties"), and enclose it with the image tags. Like so:

[img] http://sampleurl.com [/img]

If you want to post one of your own pictures, I recommend getting a photobucket account. Once you upload the picture, they will give you the URL, the tag, and the image codes. Then you can just copy and paste.

FYI: You must also be a level 3 to post active (clickable) links. Until you are a level three, it just posts the URL.

3) How big can signatures be?

Your signature, according to this site's TOS, can be no bigger than 200x550 px (if it is a picture). That is 200 pixels high and 550 pixels wide. Anything larger than that will be deleted by the site's moderators. If your signature is just text, it can be no longer than 12 lines.

4) How do I change my user icon?

Up by your username in the corner, click "prefs". On the page that automatically pops up, go down to "current icon" and click the list arrow where it says "select icon set". Go to town! Remember to save your changes when you're done!

As of January 12, 2007, you can also use your own icons! Just enter the URL of the icon you wish to use in the box provided. You can still select from the tv.com stock icons if you wish. Icons that you use from your own collection must be no larger than 80x80 px.

5) What the heck does "canon" mean?

When something in a show is "canon", it is fact. It can be backed up with evidence from the show.

6) Where can I find a particular song from a particular episode?

Check out the Scrubs section on Tunefind.

7) What is considered a "spoiler"? And where can I post spoilers?

These aren't considered spoilers:

1) Promos from the website
    2) TVGuide Episode Sypnoses.
    3) Episode sypnopses from tv.com and imdb.com
    4) Cast lists from imdb.com
    5) EDITED episode sypnopses from thefutoncritic.com.

These are spoilers:

1) Promotional stills and pictures from the episode
    2) Sides, scripts, plot giveaways
    3) Basically anything that's NOT in what is mentioned above.

You can post links to things, so long as you mention that there are spoilers in the link. Promo stills should not be posted until the day of the episode. If you want to post the pic, post a link to it.

Remember that if the word "spoilers" is not in the thread title, you need to give warning when you post them. This can be done by putting WARNING: SPOILERS and then several lines between the warning and the spoilers, then putting END SPOILERS. Or, you can white the spoilers out, so that you have to highlight to read it. That way, if you don't want to know, you don't have to read it.

Also, once an episode has aired in the US and Canada, it is no longer considered a spoiler.

What is a "ship"?

"Ship" is short for "relationship". This is two people on a television show whom you want to end up together. If you are a fan of that couple, you ship that couple.

9) What is TPTB?

TPTB stands for The Powers That Be. This includes all writers, producers, directors... Basically anyone involved with decision making for the show.

Edited on 03/27/2007 1:05pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MrPixelAttack

[2]Mar 27, 2007
    • level: 10
    -hanna- wrote:

Well, I'm more of a watcher than a participator in the Scrubs forum, but one thing I've noticed is that a lot of the threads being started are short questions which could be answered in a few posts, and don't really need an entire thread. So, feel free to let this drop off the page if the idea doesn't appeal to you guys, but I give you the General Q&A Thread, for all questions Scrubs or TV.com related, big or small!

xx

I tried starting one of these before because I agree with you. There a dozens of threads on the first few pages of this forum (and growing every day) that are simple questions that can be answered in a couple of posts and do not deserve a thread. But it was un-responsive, the threads kept appearing and my thread slowly dissapeared. It would be more ideal for the first forum page to be full of discussions and games instead of 50% questions (which it currently is). However the reasons why people may not use this thread and create their own is:

1) A thread would gain more attention, resulting in a quicker answer.
    2) If the thread grew popular, a lot of people would fear that their question would be missed.

I hope this thread kicks off so there will be less spam.

-hanna-

[3]Mar 27, 2007
    MrPixelAttack wrote:
    -hanna- wrote:

xx

I tried starting one of these before because I agree with you. There a dozens of threads on the first few pages of this forum (and growing every day) that are simple questions that can be answered in a couple of posts and do not deserve a thread. But it was un-responsive, the threads kept appearing and my thread slowly dissapeared. It would be more ideal for the first forum page to be full of discussions and games instead of 50% questions (which it currently is). However the reasons why people may not use this thread and create their own is:

1) A thread would gain more attention, resulting in a quicker answer.
    2) If the thread grew popular, a lot of people would fear that their question would be missed.

I hope this thread kicks off so there will be less spam.

Yeah, I see the problems, but what happens is I keep updating this first post so it has a general FAQ, then that stops a lot of stuff anyway. THEN when people get used to it, enough people will come here so that questions will be answered. Anyway, thanks for agreeing with me, we need to get others on board. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, just trying to help you all out! =D

xx

jd_newbie

[4]Mar 27, 2007

I think it's a good idea as well. So, tell ya what, I'll put a link in my sig suggesting that people with Scrubs questions come to this thread.

Someone said the first page should be for games and discussion. I'm wondering what games we have up, other than the quote game, cause I haven't seen any recently. (There--the first question has been asked )

-hanna-

[5]Mar 27, 2007
    jd_newbie wrote:

I think it's a good idea as well. So, tell ya what, I'll put a link in my sig suggesting that people with Scrubs questions come to this thread.

Someone said the first page should be for games and discussion. I'm wondering what games we have up, other than the quote game, cause I haven't seen any recently. (There--the first question has been asked )

Thank you! I guess things like 'Test my Knowledge' and 'You Know You Watch Too Much Scrubs When...' count as games as well as 'Who Said It?'? Also, others games not introduced over here (that could be!) are things like Scrubs Hangman or 'Delete this Message' xx

EDIT: I added an FAQ.... good idea??

Edited on 03/27/2007 1:07pm

tabbikattster

[6]Mar 27, 2007
    • level: 16
    -hanna- wrote:
    jd_newbie wrote:

Thank you! I guess things like 'Test my Knowledge' and 'You Know You Watch Too Much Scrubs When...' count as games as well as 'Who Said It?'? Also, others games not introduced over here (that could be!) are things like Scrubs Hangman or 'Delete this Message' xx

EDIT: I added an FAQ.... good idea??

Yeah it is a good idea. And I started the "you know you watch too much Scrubs when" tread and I did want it to count as a game. I was kinda afraid that it might get deleted cuz I almost didn't think that we could do games.

lilmiissrandom

[7]Apr 23, 2007
    • level: 18
    Question: Does anyone know where you can get the sad music accompaniment?

ebroyr2

[8]Apr 23, 2007
    is that the, Dadadadadadadadaaaaa ddddaadadda music...the music that J.D hears in his head when he gets taught a lesson. not the easiest thing to describe, eh?

CaptainYes

[9]Apr 23, 2007
    • level: 8
    I thought for sure the first question would be "What do you think the janitors real name is?"

lilmiissrandom- I searched, and searched for that music all over the interwebs and to no avail. I will make an MP3 tonight when I get off of work. Watch for the update.

jd_newbie

[10]Apr 23, 2007

While we're on the subject of music...

Does anyone know how to get a ringtone of "Superman" (the Scrubs theme, of course, not any superhero stuff)? Anyone? I've been looking and looking and looking...

Stikky

[11]Apr 23, 2007
    • level: 15
    jd_newbie wrote:

While we're on the subject of music...

Does anyone know how to get a ringtone of "Superman" (the Scrubs theme, of course, not any superhero stuff)? Anyone? I've been looking and looking and looking...

yes, actually, what kind of phone do you have? I have it as a ringtone on my phone but i think its an mp3 from memory. It's actually taken from the titles so it's the exact music they use in the show.. (I did it properly, dont worry, I didnt just hold my phone up to the TV and record it like that, i extracted the audio and... well.. im sure you dont really need details on how i got it but i have it if anyone wants it..)

jd_newbie

[12]Apr 24, 2007
    Stikky wrote:

yes, actually, what kind of phone do you have?

It's an LG something. I managed to leave it on my dresser this morning so I don't have the model number... I'll have to get back to you on that. Anyway I have Verizon service if that makes any difference.

I found a website that has the tone but 1) It's not the one they use on the show, it's a remix and 2) You need to have WAP, which my phone does not have

I can get tones via text messages. 

sacred-fart

[13]Apr 24, 2007
    • level: 2
    jd_newbie wrote:
    Stikky wrote:

yes, actually, what kind of phone do you have?

It's an LG something. I managed to leave it on my dresser this morning so I don't have the model number... I'll have to get back to you on that. Anyway I have Verizon service if that makes any difference.

I found a website that has the tone but 1) It's not the one they use on the show, it's a remix and 2) You need to have WAP, which my phone does not have

I can get tones via text messages. 

If you have the Mp3 for the song you can use the webiste mbuzzy.com to turn it in to a ringtone and its free and it sends it directly to ur phone, thats how i did it.

lsdotcom

[14]Apr 24, 2007
    • level: 13

Ok, I have a question...

In one episode (can't remember the name) Carla says to Elliot that Todd has stopped making sexual advances towards her because of her wedding ring. She proves this by taking her wedding ring on and off. When she removes the ring from her finger, Todd clearly make a comment relating to sex. When she puts it back on her finger, Todd loses interest.

BUT... in this episode, which was shown today in the UK (on Paramount)    they cut out the parts where Todd was making those comments to Carla, and they just showed her saying to Elliot, "Its like no-one notices me cos of my wedding ring..."

Why did they cut that out?

sacred-fart

[15]Apr 24, 2007
    • level: 2
    lsdotcom wrote:

Ok, I have a question...

In one episode (can't remember the name) Carla says to Elliot that Todd has stopped making sexual advances towards her because of her wedding ring. She proves this by taking her wedding ring on and off. When she removes the ring from her finger, Todd clearly make a comment relating to sex. When she puts it back on her finger, Todd loses interest.

BUT... in this episode, which was shown today in the UK (on Paramount)    they cut out the parts where Todd was making those comments to Carla, and they just showed her saying to Elliot, "Its like no-one notices me cos of my wedding ring..."

Why did they cut that out?

They did this because when they origionally aired it on NBC they are allowed to go over the normal 21 minute episode length but when they show it in syndication they have to cut it down because the other networks don't allow it to run as long. They usually try to do it with something from the episode that wont be noticed.

jimbo_001

[16]Apr 24, 2007
    • level: 56
    Heh heh, bobbies... charts.

ebroyr2

[17]Apr 24, 2007
    Can't remember the actual lines, but if it was aired during the day they would have cut any references to sex, etc. Have you ever watched an episode of Friends on E4 during the day...heaps of lines are missing.

lsdotcom

[18]Apr 25, 2007
    • level: 13
    Ok thanks guys. I think thats kinda stupid anyway...  

Anton_Legend

[19]Apr 25, 2007
    ebroyr2 wrote:
    Can't remember the actual lines, but if it was aired during the day they would have cut any references to sex, etc. Have you ever watched an episode of Friends on E4 during the day...heaps of lines are missing.

Yeh I noticed that too. I just wondered why some scenes made no sense and the adverts took ages...

BTW scrubs season six wont ever be shown on E4, its been bought by paramount comedy, and they are gonna start showing it as soon as they finish season five, which is currently about halfway through on a tuesday night.

Just FYI

MrPixelAttack

[20]Apr 25, 2007

jimbo_001 wrote:
    Heh heh, bobbies... charts.

I laughed sooo hard at that scene, if you have to make the episode shorter, take out the intro, lol, we get that every week anyway! The todd and carla wedding ring scene is brilliant!