Scrubs Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

What happened to Jamie (Amy Smart) ???

wantchipsahoy

[1]Jan 27, 2006
    • level: 6
    In season 2, at the end of "My Drama Queen" it seems like JD had broken up with her because he said he didn't want a relationship based on drama and left her at the bar. But later in the episode like during the end, they kissed and made up again up and it seems like they were going be going out. The next episode was the season finale
    But at the end during the whole "lesson-learned" portion, they showed them kissing again (and assumingly they made up). The following show was the finale "My Dream Job" which didn't deal with JD's relationship.

But when season 3 started, in one of the early episodes he mentioned about how his girlfriend was away or out of town and he was sick of being the 5th wheel to Sean/Elliot and Turk/Carla but then he just goes right back into being in love with Elliot again.

What's the deal? What happened with Jamie? Did the writers of the show just completely forget about Amy Smart or she didn't want to do any more episodes? Anyone have an idea what happened?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Phrozen04

[2]Jan 27, 2006
    • level: 4
    Jamie and JD broke up. At least we're led into believing so. We should probably assume that when they didn't have any of the drama, although it didn't happen instantly in "My Drama Queen", their relationship went to hell. I wouldn't really call it a mystery. I don't know why they did it this way, but I don't think it had anything to do with Amy Smart. I'm guessing it was the writers' idea to do it this way.

wantchipsahoy wrote:
    But when season 3 started, in one of the early episodes he mentioned about how his girlfriend was away or out of town and he was sick of being the 5th wheel to Sean/Elliot and Turk/Carla but then he just goes right back into being in love with Elliot again.

I love it whenever someone say that. It get pretty obvious that the person got the episodes on their computer "My Dirty Secret" was originally the third episode (#3.03) of the season. But because of some sport-event on NBC, they had to move it (it ended up as the ninth episode instead). And by the ninth episode, JD had gotten into a relationship with Dani (Tara Reid). So they had to change some of the innermonologue of JD, to make it work. However, on the web, there are still places that share the file under the productionnumber, therefore it's easy to get confused. Note: Both the unaired version of the episode and the aired version is available on the web.

wantchipsahoy

[3]Jan 27, 2006
    ahhh.... i totally get what u r saying... i just finished watching season 2 and was at the beginning of season 3 when i posted that but now i'm almost done with season 3 and yea, u are absolutely right... he was referring to tara reid when he mentioned that his girlfriend was away.

but still, during the drama queen episode in season 2, at the end of the episode he said "its all pretty simple once u get past the drama" and then it shows them making up and kissing and then he says "all you have to do is whatever it takes to make her happy"

but then there is nothing more about amy smart's character and all of a sudden he is in love with elliot again, which really didn't make sense at all... i guess the writers did it for a reason and i guess their on again off again relationship is going be much of the storyline during the span of the whole series...

anyone else got any input?

alsaker85

[4]Jan 27, 2006
    • level: 11
    In the commentary for season 2, Bill Lawrence admits that they never officially broke up J.D. and Jamie (she just faded away) and acknowledges that fans weren't too happy about it.

thegarz

[5]Jan 28, 2006
    • level: 9
    Probably contract issues. Or he (bill lawrence) made it too vague by mistake.

Which kinda sucked, because I loved Jamie's kinkyness.

So, Tasty Coma Wife huh?
    Oh yeah...I'm sorry I heard some idiots calling you that
    I kinda like it
    I thought it up

ozziefan

[6]Jan 28, 2006
    • level: 30
    Yeah I was pretty annoyed at how her character faded away without any real explination, bring her back!

wantchipsahoy

[7]Jan 29, 2006
    nah it'd be impossible to bring her back at this point, unless they explain how their relationship went sour in the first place.. well i guess they can do that after all but they cant make this mistake again and have people fade away, i hate when shows does this!!

destructo888

[8]Jan 31, 2006
    • level: 5
    I Think she hooked up with the midget in the bar

jimbo_001

[9]Jan 31, 2006
    • level: 56
    They really should have concluded the relationship or just ended the relationship in the last episode she was in which would mean the relationship couldn't survive on just drama. TCW was a great character

whatsawhizzer

[10]Aug 25, 2010
    • level: 3

This is probably long past the point anyone cares, but if someone finds themselves curious and thinking about it, in the final episode of Scrubs (the real scrubs, not MD), Jamie appears and states "You never called", probably to give fans a conclusion to her character. This suggests that they didn't really break up, but at one point they just drifted apart. Jamie said "call me", JD fell back in love with Elliot and ended up not calling her, and she didn't pursue the relationship because the drama was gone.

I think that is the best you are ever going to get from her and JD ending. Why it ended this way, I can't tell you, probably because it was too difficult to have ways to include her after resolving all of her personality quirks. Everyone else had something to continue to poke fun off, Virgin who was hesitant to go farther, drug addict, clumsy, crazy lead character(elliot), skanky (Dannie) and sister to Cox before that, pregnant with his child...Each other character was just easier to write, Jamie had no quirk, her husband was gone, she had no children, and the drama seeking behavior was resolved.

ChipsTheButler

[11]Mar 16, 2011
    • level: 9
    She ended up getting married to a giant Austrian who neglected their son until he dressed up as his son's favourite toy in a parade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lKz5Bd54RU&feature=related