Scrubs Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

will elliot and jd get married

oufsta1

[1]May 3, 2009
    • level: 5
    maybe in the finale
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jimbo_001

[2]May 4, 2009
    • level: 56
    One word: Hell (adding a second) no!

oufsta1

[3]May 4, 2009
    jimbo did u do ur homework

Doggo1988

[4]May 6, 2009
    • level: 8
    oufsta1 wrote:
    jimbo did u do ur homework

Wow you are an imbecile. Just think about the logistics of a JD/Elliot wedding in the finale. They aren't engaged, it hasn't been spoken about at all, and they have several other storylines that need to be dealt with as well. There is only 42 minutes to cram everything in, so there is no way that marriage will be dealt with. Idiot.

MetallicaRulez0

[5]May 6, 2009
    • level: 4
    I think they handled this subject pretty well in the finale. Pretty much pleases everyone.

oufsta1

[6]May 6, 2009
    ha ha jimbo inyour face they did get married burn burn burn whos right now

MetallicaRulez0

[7]May 6, 2009
    You know that was a fantasy right? That montage was what J.D. thinks or hopes his future holds.

oufsta1

[8]May 6, 2009
    it was a fantasy but it came true did you read article

roastedbagel0

[9]May 6, 2009
    • level: 3

As a long time Scrubs fan here, I'm compelled to write this even though I haven't wrote anything here in quite some time.

I've been wondering for a long time how Bill will end it (or at least this episode now that there's still talk of another season but thats moot point). I take my Scrubs seriously and have been gearing up for tonight pretty hardcore, and I'm happy to say I couldn't have asked for a better end. That ending fantasy was truly spectacular. Like the previous poster stated, it pleases everyone. It let us into that window of how we could picture the future with all the core cast still hanging out, etc. JD falling down at the engagement ring had me hysterical both times he fell.

Kudos Bill, cast, and everyone else for a great My Finale. Thanks for the 8 years of Scrubs, and making me laugh, and giving me a favorite show to look forward to seeing each week. If there is a new season, I'll still watch. This was a great ending to the "core cast" and wouldn't mind seeing it live on still loosely tied together. It would be another great journey. That's all for now.

EdFan101

[10]May 7, 2009
    • level: 21
    at the end of yesterday's episode they made it look like something that would acually happen, it better happen.

hex_fan_999

[11]May 7, 2009
    • level: 7
    I hope that they do. I like j.d and elliot.

dragon22a

[12]May 8, 2009
    • level: 32
    I like to think that it will happen that way. All of JDs other fantasies have always just been little things in his head but never something he has really pined for. I think that this one will come true because he really wants it. He'll make this one come true.

louder58

[13]May 9, 2009
    I'm not so sure that the marriage will happen. The big stumbling block, to my mind, would be Sam & Kim. I don't think Elliot could ever get past the fact that JD has another kid, by another woman; Elliot's jealousy would be way too powerful for her to get past that fact. I imagine there would be a "me or Kim & Sam" moment by Elliot, and JD would never leave Sam out of his life. Plus, I know I'm in the small minority here, but I think that JD & Elliot will never work over the long haul, just don't see it happening.
    Edited on 05/09/2009 2:24pm

MichaelWClark

[14]May 9, 2009
    • level: 15
    louder58 wrote:
    I'm not so sure that the marriage will happen. The big stumbling block, to my mind, would be Sam & Kim. I don't think Elliot could ever get past the fact that JD has another kid, by another woman; Elliot's jealousy would be way too powerful for her to get past that fact. I imagine there would be a "me or Kim & Sam" moment by Elliot, and JD would never leave Sam out of his life. Plus, I know I'm in the small minority here, but I think that JD & Elliot will never work over the long haul, just don't see it happening.

You have no idea how long I have been waiting to say this to people like you. (5 years I guess). Thank you BL for finally giving me an episode that ends this thing. You are absolutely, and now canonically WRONG. I can finally say with utmost confidence to the people that think they won't work that you are absolutely wrong. Goodnight and good luck but that is all there is too it.

louder58

[15]May 10, 2009

MichaelWClark wrote:
    louder58 wrote:
    You have no idea how long I have been waiting to say this to people like you. (5 years I guess). Thank you BL for finally giving me an episode that ends this thing. You are absolutely, and now canonically WRONG. I can finally say with utmost confidence to the people that think they won't work that you are absolutely wrong. Goodnight and good luck but that is all there is too it.

I respectfully disagree with you on this. The last episode does not canonically make me wrong. If I remember that episode correctly, JD and Elliot were not married, and the closing is a fantasy sequence, who knows if what is in it will be fulfilled? Also, the actions of Elliot in the last episodes gives you confidence that everything will work out? Her demanding different things from JD, her having car sex every time Kim touches JD? Her continuing jealousy over different people? The relationship never worked before, and now it will? Like I say: I just don't see it happening, but that's the beauty of the ending, we can think what we want about the future.

Edited on 05/10/2009 3:42am

ana_jovanovic

[16]May 10, 2009
    • level: 12

louder58 wrote:

Also, the actions of Elliot in the last episodes gives you confidence that everything will work out? Her demanding different things from JD, her having car sex every time Kim touches JD? Her continuing jealousy over different people? The relationship never worked before, and now it will? Like I say: I just don't see it happening, but that's the beauty of the ending, we can think what we want about the future.

I believe they will stay together forever, and have tons of kids and enjoy every second of every minute together.

Yes, Elliot is neurotic, but she's always been neurotic and that's one of the reasons why we, and JD also, love her so much . But they have learned to talk about their neurosis (plural - however it is spelled ). Their relationship didn't work before, but they learned from their mistakes.

I don't think Kim and Sam will ever be a problem again (listen to me, talking about them as if they were a couple next door - I do feel as if they are, aawwww I miss them ), and we do see that at the beginning, all of them joking together, without any jealousy from Elliot...

All in all - JD and Elliot FOREVER!!! And that's the future I'll keep imagining

Edited on 05/10/2009 3:40pm

zepherous35

[17]May 10, 2009
    • level: 26
    The finale was so open ended. That was the beauty of it. However, I am one of those that likes to think they will get married someday. Im hoping that fantasy at the end does come true. I really liked JD and Elliots dynamic throughout the series, and especially this season. Of course, this is coming from someone that ranks My Happy Place high on the list of my favorite episodes.
    Edited on 05/10/2009 9:07pm

MetallicaRulez0

[18]May 11, 2009
    I'm not sure why you think Kim - and especially Sam - would be any sort of problem for Elliot. We've seen throughout this season and last that Elliot really likes Sam. Kim is barely in the picture from what I saw, so I don't see how that's a big issue either.