Scrubs

My Absence

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM Feb 10, 2009 on NBC

This episode was a bit lackluster for me, we don't have the main character or the janitor, and it's not like they're filming for something else, they're just not in it. I guess this is when the show hit rock bottom financially. The show's main focus is on JD, without him, it just felt strange and awkward.

Another thing that was just strange: Since there was no JD, there was not on fantasy. This is the only episode without fantasies, and fantasies are another thing that this show is known for. This show and That 70s Show in the earlier seasons. Then we have something that's a bit forced: Carla being pregnant... again. Remember how hard it was for Carla to get pregnant? In this case, it was just out of the blue. Plus I don't think a pregnancy is what this show needs right now. And when she did get pregnant, it was one of the most special moment on Scrubs. Now it just seems like any other day. Remember in season six when there was three pregnancies going on? It's just getting old, like JD said over the phone. The pros of this episode was definitely Denise, and Carla caring about her patients. A classic plot, and I always love Cox/Carla interaction. An okay episode.