Scrubs

My Bad

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM Oct 30, 2001 on NBC

• In continuation to Cox getting suspended.

A really amazing, funny, and eventful episode. Some drama, which made this episode seem very balanced. Hilarious moments: "When someone is angry, it tends to be passed on." And who can forget when JD finds out that his patient, the woman he just slept with his Cox's ex-wife. Then everyone yells "Surprise - Duh" Cox's job is on the line since he committed insurance fraud in the last episode. His ex-wife, Jordan is on the board, and JD tries to help Cox out by talking to his ex-wife. I liked her character. Elliot has a patient that is a therapist, and talking to him felt well. She felt better than ever. When he leaves, it's hard for her. She decides to see a shrink in the end, coming along with a Turk/Elliot scene that I enjoyed. Carla blames Turk for the breaking of her mother's leg since Turk made Carla leave her mother alone. Their relationship develops more. All of this surrounds the fact that it's Halloween. Jordan ends up saving Cox's job in the end, and Cox is shown to still care for Jordan. I would like to see more of Jordan. A great episode, had a bit of everything.
  • My Bad

I really liked the Dr Cox and JD storyline in this episode. JD is afraid that Dr Cox will be suspended, because to him he is something like a mentor. Jordan is a very funny character and she is very beliavle as Perry's ex (which other women would be able to deal with him?). The Elliot plot was the shrink was also funny. I liked how she ended up as his patient, because lets face it, Elliot needs a shrink. The only i can complain about is the Carla/Turk plot. The scene were Carla's mother runs into the room going crazy and Turk hides himself in the closet was funny. But all in all that wasn't my favorite storyline. Carla's Mum is just pretty annoying and fits that mother in law steroytype.
  • a nice insight into Dr Cox's personal life

This episode has the first appearance of Dr Cox's ex-wife Jordan Sullivan (Christa Miller-Lawrence) she plays a hot board member with a lot of attitude. This character becomes one of the main supporting actors and is hilarious in the way her and Dr Cox bounce off of one another during conversation.

JD begins to hate her and when she packs up to leave JD is sick of being walked all over and makes a stand. After barking orders at her Jordan says "Nobody speaks to me like that" followed by "take off your pants", they have sex and as JD leaves the room Dr Cox speaks to him and mentions that she is his ex wife which JD had not previously known. This being the meaning of the title "My Bad".

This episode gives us a good insight into Dr Cox's personal life and shows us how much he misses his ex wife.
  • Yet another amazing episode!

Cool episode, JD gets himself in trouble after he feels bad for what is happening to Dr. Cox and his suspension, at the same time when he must take care of a member of the council, where he thinks that Kelso make him to put a very old and hated man but in the end he ends up with a very gorgeous and sexy woman to which JD seems to like, but after knowing how awful and idiotic she is, he decides that he is as bad as Kelso, but later discovers that she is Cox's ex wife, Jordan, and later JD and she have sex after JD yells at her for being such an awful person and later she decides that she likes him, but later JD decides to use this opportunity in order to take out Cox from his unfair suspension, when JD tries to make her to think it through, but when JD believes that she is not going to do it, she surprises him and decides to liberate him, and in the end it turns out that JD doesn't tells Cox that he sleep with Jordan. Meanwhile, Elliot goes takes care of a physiatrist that makes her feel better that what she was before, and Carla's terrible mother comes to town, and that causes Turk and Carla to go mad and abandon her, at least until she breaks up her leg. This episode is really, really cool!
  • This episode is a great glimpse into the mix genre that makes up the scrubs catagory.

The show's opening sequences (before and after opening credits) give a bit of an intro that leads into the next few episodes. The newest character of the show, Jordan, is introduced and her personality is immediatley shown. She is a sharp edged, mean, sarcastic, and promiscuous woman. At the end of the show however, it is revealed that she helped get Dr. Cox's job back. She says it was only to watch him suffer but J.D. hints otherwise. Carl and Turk sleep together for the first time with good results for them, but with bad results regarding Carla's mother. This episode also gives a small showing as to the craziness that is Elliot.
  • Dr. Cox is still in danger of being suspended, and J.D. is put in charge of Jordan, Cox's ex-wife, except J.D. doesnt' know that and ends up sleeping with Jodan; Elliot is assigned a shrink whose mouth is wired shut.

Another great installment of Scrubs, of course. It was really funny, I think, with the whole deal with J.D., Jordan, and Dr. Cox, but also kind of sad at the end because you see how much Dr. Cox misses Jordan, and the video footage going through his head of them was really sweet. It was also really funny with Elliot and her patient, a shrink with his mouth wired shut. She keeps asking him questions, but, of course, he can't answer. Turk starts teasing her about seeing a shrink, but then he tells her that he went to a shrink a few times and at the end it shows Elliot going to see the shrink in his office. Another good episode.
  • Scrubs was at their best in Season 1. They were the only new comedy in 2001-02 to receive postive reviews. This episode stood out as my favorite from Season 1. Jordan was that hot older women guys like me fantasied about.

This was the best episode in Scrubs's first season in my opnion. I think Jordan is an example of that older women young guys fantazied about. I'm surprised Zach worked so well with Christa without drooling. Ahh but he's a professional. He knows eventually you're gonna hear the words cut. But it was very well written and planned. The audiance I think really related to the episode. I know I did. I think Jordan gave JD a lot of confidence. He can get any woman he wants now because he has lot of confidence. He can also get anything he wants with confidence and hard honest work. No wonder he is decribed as a young Dr. Cox.
  • J.D. sleeps with Dr.Cox's ex wife.

While Dr.Cox is still suspended and is under review to get fired. Meanwhile J.D gets a pateint named Jordan who he sleeps with and then finds out is Dr.Cox's ex-wife. And after sleeping with her he tries to use her to get Dr.Cox his job back. Meanwhile Elliot gets a patient who is a shrink and starts talking with him hours on end. By the end of the episode she is seeing him normally and is not embarrased about it. Meanwhile, thankfully, Dr.Cox gets his job back and everything goes more or less back to normal. As normal as it gets anyway. Great episode.
  • JD sleeps with Jordan and later tries to use her to liberate Dr. Cox!

• Jordan appears for the first time

For the first time since JD started work at the hospital, he gets lucky. Unfortunately, this happiness doesn't last when he finds out that the patient that he slept with turns out to be Dr Cox's ex-wife. The ending was hilarious where JD says that his philosophy is to stick with the truth and you can't get hurt:
    Cox: You didn't sleep with her did you?
    JD: God no!
    Philosophy is tricky
    Turk and Carla's plot was great tooespecially when it is revealed that even if Carla had stayed home, her mother would have gotten hurt since she fell in the shower.
    Elliot's storyline isn't as good but the anger being passed along couldn't have been as funnuy if not for that plot and her thinking that the pain pill the psychiatrist was asking for was for her.
    A brilliant episode to introduce Jordan early on in the series.
  • An awesomely terrific episode.

It's Jordan's (Christa Miller Lawrence) first appearance on the show. She shows up for an exam, and just ticks off everyone, including J.D., and ends up sleeping with him! But it turns out to be Dr. Cox's ex-wife! Uh-oh!

And Elliot bonds with her psychiatrist who ends up in the hospital. A bit of a boring plot, but J.D.'s storyline makes this a great episode. Dr. Cox has a lot of great one-liners in this episode. "Does the field hockey team know that you're missing?" Also, the janitor was really funny in this episode. Especially with his tape recorder.

Anyways, a classic episode.