Scrubs

My Bed Banter & Beyond

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM Feb 05, 2002 on NBC

• An episode which seemed to bring a refreshing spin to an old storyline. Unfortunately it did not work out that way in the end.

5.1
    When I first saw this episode I thought it was great. Then as the show went on my enthusiasm became somewhat less then what it had originally been. See what I liked about this episode was that they had the guts to take us through JD and Elliot\'s entire relationship in one episode. Far too many shows have that couple who are friends but have the chemistry, which the fans will be rooting for as a couple, and when they finally get together it drags on but rarely lasts in the end. Then break-up follows, then they get back together at least once per season, but they always break up to save that great storyline for the final episode. Ross and Rachel would be the grand example of this. I really appreciated that Scrubs had the guts to let them get together and break up during just one episode. I thought we would be done with the couple by then, and I was relieved. Frankly this storyline is old and tired and anything but exciting anymore.
    As the show continued however it turned out we were in fact not done with the JD&Elliot storyline. Which was to me a let-down. I guess they didn\'t have the guts I thought they had after all.
    Though the episode is still well written. Longer than most episodes as well, which I kind of like, because everything in it is well written and it doesn\'t drag on.
    Oh, and do keep a lookout for the pizza JD and Elliot eat in bed. The slices form a clock, a clock telling us that time is running out for the two of time. Nice hint to the audience!