Scrubs

My Bed Banter & Beyond

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM Feb 05, 2002 on NBC

• J.D. and Elliot embark on their first romantic relationship. But, as many people know, no relationship is perfect and they soon discover just how feelings for another person can destroy a relationship.

This is my favorite episode of Scrubs. However, it's not very funny and does not deal with medicine, but rather emotions and REAL life. If that's not what you want, then watch a different episode. But for people who do, this is the perfect episode. Through testimonials and monologues, the Scrubs writers show truthfully the fragility, ups and downs of relationships. Elliot and J.D. seem to have very strong feelings for each other, which eventually leads them to the beginning of their relationship. But, unfortunately for them and as demonstrated by the psychiatrist interviews, relationships aren't perfect and cannot be based just on romantic feelings. This is very well illustrated by Turk and Carla's separate testimonials, which show that although their relationship has problems, it works out because they really do love each other. Dr. Cox's testimony is my favorite part of the episode because it shows that just because someone is rock hard on the outside doesn't mean they must be on the inside. And he doesn't get over-emotional either. He plainly states, "Bottom line, those couples that are truly right for each other wade through the same crap as everybody else but the big difference is they don't let it take them down." It was a tear jerker, though, because I personally wanted to see Elliot and J.D. end up together. Wonderful acting, music use, plot, and beyond, you will not be sorry after watching this classic episode.