Scrubs

My Best Friend's Mistake

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM Oct 09, 2001 on NBC

• Getting better & better.

We've gotten out of the introductory stage, and sort of gotten in to the normal stage. Which is good. This show is getting better & better by each episode. I really enjoyed this episode. I had several plots that intertwined perfectly, not to mention it was funny. JD fears being stuck in the friend zone with Elliot, so he tries to kiss her before the time expires, he doesn't end up kissing her. So I guess he's stuck in the friends zone for now. "She'll come around" hopefully. I'm beginning to like the JD & Elliot relationship. Elliot needs advice from Dr. Cox when Dr. Kelso calls her "sweetheart" and she thinks it's offensive. Dr. Cox doesn't want to be the "guidance counseller" so he gives her bad advice, but it still works out in the end. I'm beginning to like Dr. Cox more as a character. Unfortunately, the only character I'm having a problem with is Dr. Kelso. Maybe I just have to watch more episodes. JD feels as though him & Turk have grown apart, in the process, he finds out that Turk made a medical mistake, when JD finds out he, himself made the medical mistake in the end. Turk saves him which is a setting stone in their friendship. Great episode.
  • great

i like give a littl respect and it was a great ep with j d going to the friend zone and elliot with ted singing give a little respect and take ing happy pills i think it was best and i l o v e how b l made it it was awesom with the kiss best ep thank you for listening no im not done yet and the janitor thinks hes cool and wen todd a little respect and the b ball game was good with turk it was a great episode thanks for listening ! ! ! ! !
  • J.D, convinced that one of his patients is sick as a result of misconduct on Turk's behalf. Elliot feels disrespected by Dr. Kelso.J.D. misses his chance to kiss Elliot after being interrupted by Dr. Cox

This was a great episode for Jelliot, even thought they eventually ended up in the 'friend zoon'. This is not one of these Episodes you remember even years later, but it was still great and funny. I personally think, that Janitor and Kelso had 'better episodes' but Cox was extraordinary great here. The Elliot and Dr Kelso subplot wasn't my favorite. But it still had some funny moments, like Dr Cox lecturing her. I can't really give it a 9, but 8 would be too bad, since it really had it's great moments, even thought this Season definatly had a few better episodes.
  • This is a good one for Elliot and JD's relationship

This episode deals with JD and Elliot and how if he doesn't kiss her within 48hours he enters the "Friend Zone", during the episode he often encounters Elliot and makes attempts at making a move but is always distracted or interrupted by someone or something. In the end he doesn't get the kiss but realises he is ok with being friends.

The JD and Turk plot in this episode also interests me as to how JD doubts his friend about a patient's surgery yet ends up finding out his patient was sick because of the use of insulin and his patient was diabetic.

This episode is a good development for many of the relationships in the show and funny also.
  • Another great episode with an annoying song and emotional moments.

As Turk spends a lot of time with Carla, JD feels left out and is in the meantime totally stressed because he thinks that he has to kiss Elliot in 48 hours or he will be "just" friends with her forever. But Elliot has another problem: Kelso is calling her sweetheart and - ill-adviced by an annoyed Dr. Cox - she confronts Kelso.
    Additionally there is a patient both JD and Turk treated who gets worse now and JD thinks that his friend did a mistake.

There are a lot of good moments in this episode: I really liked the whole "Erasure" concept and thought that it linked the stories very well. Dr. Cox's rant at Elliot (the blablaologist etc.) was just great and I laughed the whole time. The funniest line was in my opinion "I miss you so much it hurts sometime" which was just hilarious.
    Furthermore I liked the story, the emotional moments and the first steps of the JD/Elliot relationship. Plus Ted starts to sing.

To sum it up: Great and funny episode with emotional moments and wild fantasies and a great rant by Cox.
  • Yet another amazing scrubs episode.

I have said this before about this show, and I will say it again - another great installment in a really great show! I liked this episode and I liked how sometimes it would show how much time J.D. had left to kiss Elliot before he was put into her 'Friends Zone'. It was an enjoyable episode and I enjoyed the whole plot of it, the whole episode, really. It was, as usual, funny and clever. I think Todd was funny in this episode and really, so was everyone else (of course). Another great installment in a show that I am getting attached to.
  • love this one!!

7.9
    i loved this episodeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! jd didnt get to kiss elliot (which i expected to...so it was kinda boring). now they are in "friend zone" (like...they wont be for soon!!)

and dr cox is like giving wrong advice to elliot which i really love!!!!!!!!! like she is so dumb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and then she goes to talk to him and says she doesnt like to be called sweetheart!!!!!!!! she is so dumb c'mon

but was is hilarious is this:
    J.D.: Hi, how are ya? I have a quick legal question. What if, hypothetically- Ted: Oh, God, you killed somebody!
    J.D.: Noooo!
    Ted: Someone else did!
    J.D.: No, no; no one killed anyone.
    Ted: Maimed, mutilated, disfigured...let's not split hairs.

ted is so crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love him!!!!!!!!!! he is the craziest person in earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • J.D. feels that he has only 48 hours to kiss Elliot before he is put into her 'Friends Zone' and begins to miss Turk when he starts spending more time with Todd.

• With only 48 hours to kiss Elliot will J.D. make it. Only time will tell.

Well the episode begins with what maybe the first intamate moment between Elliot and J.D. Just as they are about to kiss, of corse, Dr.Cox comes into the room and asks about the patient. Now J.D. has only 48 hours to kiss Elliot before he is offical put into her friends zone. In the mean time J.D. has a patient who looks like he is dying and is suspected of having an infection because a "surgeon" left something in him (his surgeon being Turk). However, Turk keeps ignoring J.D. which almost makes J.D. report him. Meanwhile Elliot gets offended when Kelso calls her "sweetheart" and actually confronts him. At the end she (logically) appoligizes to him and all with him is well. Meanwhile J.D. finds out that the patient is now doing well and that the only reason he was doing badly was because he was dieabetic and got insulin without food (who injected the insulin? J.D. Who covered J.D.? Turk). With that over J.D. has 0:01:00 to kiss Elliot. He gets to her with 20 seconds to spare but at the end the seconds count down to 0 and he doesn't kiss her, never the less he is happy being her friend and walks away feeling good. A great episode of Scrubs with (like always) numerous plots.
  • Scrubs rules and rocks!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that this episode is pretty cool, JD begins to feel distance from his college dude, Turk, and when he tries to talk to him, every time they get in trouble, like in home when Turk goes out with Carla, in a basketball game where Turk challenges him to the game (in which JD truly sucks) and later he has to go on running due to an emergency, and later JD begins to feel overwhelmed, thanks to the fact that he thinks that Turk put some keys and a wallet into a patient's body, but later JD discovers that it was him responsible for his illness, giving him two sets of insuline, and later discovers that his friend Turk actually cares for him, but for now he is really busy, but they will be able to get over it.
    Meanwhile, Elliot begins to feel awkward after she almost kisses with JD, and now she must wait fourty eight hours or they will stay in the "Friends Zone", but she also has other trouble in mind when Kelso calls her sweetheart, and makes her feel even more awkward and when she is almost tortured by him for complaining him, she goes out with Cox, that unporposedly gives her the advice that she needs.
    This episode is really funny, and I like it really much, and well that's all, I think that it was cool!
  • Give a little respect to me

In my opinion, this is the episode which really kicked Scrubs off with everyone in the hospital singing Erasure's Give a Little Respect, including Laverne, the Janitor and even Turk, who hates the song (the song is like a virus). I also love the end when the song is actually playing while JD is racing to beat the clock before he ends up in the Friend Zone, shhowing that the song is in JD's head too.
    One of my favourite lines between Turk and JD in the series comes from this episode where JD tries to confront Turk about not spending any time with him anymore without sounding like a girl and blurts out "I miss you so much it hurts sometimes".
    This episode is a laugh a second, especially the plot between Elliot and JD which JD actually forgets about until the last few seconds. It never fails.
  • "OH MY GOD!!"

We got into Scrubs by watching the DVDs from Netflix. We got to this episode and the second we heard Dr. Winn say, "Erasure," my boyfriend and I screamed, "OH MY GOD!!" We are HUGE fans of Erasure and this is the most awesome episode EVER!! The fact that I got to hear Andy Bell sing on one of the greatest shows made my day. The fact that I got to hear the entire cast of "Scrubs" sing "A Little Respect" made my whole year. Thanks, Scrubs! Now I have to buy that season.
  • Fine xample of why this show rocks.

This episode was hilarious. My favorite part was when Erasure's "A Little Respect" kept playing throughout the episode.

In this episode, J.D. tries to kiss Elliot before he ends up in "The Friend Zone". The best part was when J.D.'s fantasy has him entering a room "The Friend Zone" after his time runs out. I like when there was a woman in the room.

Dr. Wen was funny in the beginning of this episode, bopping along to Erasure. Turk's singing is awesome in this episode. "Give a little respect!" Hilarious.

Anyways, a show classic, and a great episode from one of my favorite shows.