Scrubs

My Brother, Where Art Thou?

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM Nov 06, 2003 on NBC

• Carla and Elliott moonlight at a veterinary clinic.

7.3
    This is probably one of my least favorite episodes, mostly because of the whole silly veterinary moonlighting parts. Probably because as a former veterinary assistant I found it absurd. Doctors working as veterinarians? Wouldn't happen. I know the very nature of Scrubs lends itself to the absurd, but this one went beyond that. I don't know what the writers have against the veterinary field, or where they get thier information, because in another episode one of the characters makes a comment about veterinarians not having to do paperwork! Veterinary records are in most cases as detailed as those in the human medical field. They have to be if for no other reason than for legal issues. Granted there aren't as many insurence forms (although pet insurence is gaining popularity) and you don't have to deal with thing such as Living Wills, but there are many many other forms, including euthanasia releases, treatment consents, etc. And as I mentioned before, medical charts have to be very thorough, or at least they should be. All that aside, one of the things I love about this show is how I can recognize many of the issues we dealt with at the Veterinary Hospital where I worked, except we dealt with the pets and their owners, instead of the human patients and their families.