Scrubs

My Case Study

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM Oct 10, 2002 on NBC

• JD tries to impress Cox & Kelso at the same time.

Definitely a great concept, this episode. Whoever has the most interesting case study, gets to represent Kelso and the hospital and present the case study to the medical board. I enjoyed this episode, very funny. I like Kelso's plot the most which is rare. One day of the year, Kelso is nice and gives anything people ask of him, it's his anniversary. I love the day after, where he's all mad again, and he hurts all those people in his pathway, I laughed so hard. So hysterical. Anyways it turns out Kelso was lying just so people can only ask him for stuff only one day of the year. Very clever, and now since Turk knows the secret, he ends up getting something new for the surgical room in the end. Once JD seems to be not interested in the case study, Cox starts respecting him more. Only JD is interested and wants to impress Kelso to be successful but wants to impress Cox because he considers him a friend. In the end, he ends up taking the case study, and he wins the competition. He tells Cox he wants to be him. only more successful. He came off so harsh, I thought Cox was going to blow up. Meanwhile Elliot tries to find similarities between her & Carla so they can be true friends, they end up being brought together by a breast augmentation. They both realize they envy some things about each other which brings them closer together. I realized that Elliot is such a mess, she always says the wrong things, but I love it. Definitely a great fun episode.
  • My Case Study

Dr. Kelso starts an impromptu competition with the residents, offering an all-expenses-paid medical conference outing in Reno if they can bring him the most interesting case study. J.D. is torn to compete and to keep in Dr. Cox's favor by not doing so. This definatly was a good episode for the Cox and JD relationship. Another competition begins when the entire hospital takes advantage of Dr Kelso's annual good mood the next day. His 'good mood' was very refreshing, since it showed another side of Kelso once again. Elliot worries that she isn't getting on well with Carla- again. In my opinion they have done the Elliot and Carla dislike each other storyline to death already.
  • Another great one

What a wonderfully funny episode of Scrubs! This has to be one of my favorite episodes of Scrubs. Not only are the fantasy sequences great in this one (front butt...it's like the holy grail), but there is good character development.

We find out in this episode that Dr. Cox does not like to take handouts from other people, even if it is essentially important for him to do so. We also see JD, who has the courage to stand up to Dr. Cox and, for once, give him advice on something. I happen to love this episode, because Cox actually does take JD's advice, and finally has his patient put in a good word for him. He respects JD, even if he doesn't always show it.

Again, great episode!
  • Fine example

When Dr. Kelso challenges the residents by offering a trip to a medical conference in Reno as a reward to the individual, who presents the most interesting case study, J.D. refuses to play along, earning him the respect of Dr. Cox.
    In the meantime, Turk misses his opportunity to ask for a new laser on the one day of the year, that Dr. Kelso grants favors, so he is forced to find another way to come up with the goods.

----

Average episode, good storyline with some laughs. Good to see JD finally stand up to Cox and actually get through to him?
  • A load of laughs.

From the fantasy of Elliot's "front butt" patient to the classic Dr Cox rants to Mike breaking his, well, very important part of the male body this episode is one of the most well written ones in the early stages of season 2.

There are terrific scenes like JD's "i'm going to Reno" dance and the even better scenes of Dr Kelso only being asked for things once a year, Turk forgetting and finding out that Kelso, as usual, has been lying to everyone.

The Janitor was hilarious in this episode, crying because JD got him a mop and then using his old mop to torture JD anyway.

This s a very memorable episode with the tension between Cox and JD becoming critical towards the end.