Scrubs

My Chief Concern

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM May 05, 2009 on NBC

• One of my all-time favourites.

This was certainly one of the sadder, and naturally more affecting episodes of Scrubs, paving the way for a perhaps more celebratory finale. J.D. decides to take a job at another hospital, and fights with Turk while Elliot and Dr Cox try to deal with Denise after she makes a mistake. It was nice to see it sort-of acknowledged that after all these years Dr Cox is sad to see his protegee (yep, said it) leave, even if he didn't reply to JD's goodbye in the short-but-moving penultimate scene. Some awesome direction too from Zach Braff - loved the montage of JD buying and furnishing a house! More drama in the JD/Turk bromance and one of the funniest fantasies for a while - with the Janitor chained up like a dog! Haha, Neil Flynn brought home the comedy all right. Great set up for the finale - I'm hoping for hugs, then tears. Then more hugs.
  • Scrubs on the verge of completion...

Now that there is just the extended one-hour finale that is still left, it feels really nostalgic. And at the same time I am happy for the show as it really pulled off some fine episodes toward the end.

I really hope they don't give the show another lease of life. I mean, however good the show is, I think its high time for it leave. Without the original characters it would be phenomenally weird. So, JD is leaving Sacred Heart. I can't say I didn't see it coming. Its rule#1 of season finales - create a ripple of epic magnitude. We saw it in Friends, where Rachel initially leaves for Paris, and Chandler and Monica move to the countryside. While creating a template for the finale, the writers also kept a close tab on the actual medical story, where an Denise screws up the medications for a patient. There was also fair bit of comedy in this episode. Be it the fantasy gig, where Turk and JD dream about how they'll run the place. Or the different chief photos Turk puts on his ID card. We also see a different side of Janitor, where he tries to make people realize, change is bad and no one takes him seriously.

Nice one. Looking forward for the finale.

An episode definitely filled with emotion once JD moves near Kim to be a part of his son's life, then he ends up getting a job where Kim works at St. Vincent which means he's leaving Sacred Heart.

This episode mostly focused on changes, and how it affects others, it seems over the course of the whole season, everyone is with someone... even Ted, which I felt was just a way to close the show, with everyone having a fairy tale ending, which sometimes isn't always good. It's good that we got some conflict before the series ended.

Turk & JD start fighting but then they realize it's because they're sad that they're not going to be seeing each other anymore. Elliot ponders on whether she wants to move in with JD. Meanwhile Cox is covering his feelings about JD's departure, in the end, it turns out he will miss him, he just can't say it. A great episode that led us straight in to the finale. Can't wait.