Scrubs

My Chief Concern

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM May 05, 2009 on NBC

• Scrubs on the verge of completion...

Now that there is just the extended one-hour finale that is still left, it feels really nostalgic. And at the same time I am happy for the show as it really pulled off some fine episodes toward the end.

I really hope they don't give the show another lease of life. I mean, however good the show is, I think its high time for it leave. Without the original characters it would be phenomenally weird. So, JD is leaving Sacred Heart. I can't say I didn't see it coming. Its rule#1 of season finales - create a ripple of epic magnitude. We saw it in Friends, where Rachel initially leaves for Paris, and Chandler and Monica move to the countryside. While creating a template for the finale, the writers also kept a close tab on the actual medical story, where an Denise screws up the medications for a patient. There was also fair bit of comedy in this episode. Be it the fantasy gig, where Turk and JD dream about how they'll run the place. Or the different chief photos Turk puts on his ID card. We also see a different side of Janitor, where he tries to make people realize, change is bad and no one takes him seriously.

Nice one. Looking forward for the finale.