Scrubs

My Cookie Pants

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM Jan 27, 2009 on NBC

• A return to glory (hopefully not a brief one). This episode, coupled with "My ABC's", which aired with it, couldn't have come at a better time.

A couple of weeks ago I wrote a rather scathing review about an episode of this show that I didn't care to double check the name on. My point is that, as stated in the aforementioned review, this show had produced fewer good episodes in the last two years than My Own Worst Enemy. Okay, maybe that's not true, but it's not far off. That definitely was the case when I wrote that review, and when I wrote it, I had not expected to ever write another review for this show period, figuring I had said my peace and the show would float off my radar never to be seen again. That, thankfully, didn't end up being the case. My Cookie Pants and My ABC's were very well written and smacked of the good old days (seasons 1-5). The jokes were clever and not just regurgitated bile and the acting seemed very genuine and not phoned in like the last 26 seasons of The Simpsons. All in all I am very pleased with these two chapters in the Scrubs library and am now hoping that they weren't flukes. With any luck, ABC has found their Scrubs niche and will return the show to comedy glory.