Scrubs

My Finale, Part 2

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM May 06, 2009 on NBC

• Nothing better

I just finished this finale again... and every time I see it I am blown away.

i truly think it is the best series finale. The characters stay true to themselves, and the actors are wonderful.

I'm moved... every time I watch it.
  • The final piece of the comedy Masterpiece

AMAZING! I nearly cried! Oh my gosh! the best series finale ever. I loved the ending, i guess i shouldn't say anything if anyone hasn't seen it. But i cried at the end and nearly throughout the whole thing! a must see for scrubs fans and people who have barely watched it! Amazing final communication between Dr. Cox and J.D! whoo! how he put his feelings for J.D brought be to tears. i accidentaly stumbled on it on Comedy Central saying, Hey Scrubs is on. Then hapily finding out it was the Finale i'd never seen i thought i would watch it.... AMAZING!
  • the best ending ever

it is j.d last day and he expects it to be something big. but it was not a big good bye. when i saw the commercial for the last episode and i thought j.d would get a big goodbye. wrongo. he got bye's from all his friends and dr.cox told j.d he did not care that it was his last day. it seemed to j.d that this would be a bad goodbye. as j.d leaves the hospital for the last time the janitors last words to him were."it was nice knowing you john dorian" he seemed to mean it to. as soon as j.d leaves the hospital dr.cox is tricked in revealing his true feelings about j.d. unfortuantly for dr.cox j.d was still there and hear every word dr.cox said. and as j.d walks down the hallway to leave the hospital for the last time he imagines old girl frinds. his brother and old friends and new friends are lined in the hall way. with lavern saying to j.d "keep it holy q-tip" to the last person in the hall hooch. and as everyone else has said it, it is now hooches turn to say it. "hooch is crazy" and as j.d turns around he see's it's all gone. as he leaves the hospital he has another fantasy. and i don't care you did not like this episode everyone loved the ending. j.d fantacy was of his future. with the song "book of love" playing. it show's him and elliot getting married and izzy and sam getting married. j.d step's down the steps looks up at the hospital as a janitor(played by the creator of the show) say's good night to j.d as j.d responds back "good night" then drives away
  • A fantastic end to a brilliant, albeit predictable, series

Well, I'm a grown heterosexual man, with the emotional complexity of the average brick. And yet - don't tell anyone - the end of this episode moved me to tears. Apparantly I'm more delicate than my tough-guy persona lets on...

The series hasn't really done itself proud in terms of storyline twists, with the Dorian/Reid reunion that was almost obligated to occur, Nurse Turk becoming pregnant, and the evolution of Cox probably being the only real highlights in that regard. It has been mostly business as usual in terms of the episodes themselves, although the formula never seems to get old. The finale didn't actually deviate from it much. But this ep's underlying theme, of farewells, fantasia and future, was captured incredibly well by Lawrence et al. and it was unforgettably satisfying to see JD get his comeuppance over Percival at long last!

It was the silver screen moment at the end, though, which set off the eye shower. It was the Peter Gabriel track, I swear... that man is a god! Still, JD's look into his future was incredibly poignant, and I can only bet that Bill Lawrence had an incredibly enjoyable time writing and filming that bit. The walk through his past encounters at Sacred Heart was also a brilliant touch. Overall, it was a fantastic send-off to the show. I'm not sure I'll bother getting into the new series, as it does seem like they're flogging a dead horse a bit with the change in direction. Still, they pulled out the magic here. An incredible episode, and one which I'm sure I'll be watching again at some point. I'll be prepared for the emotional ending this time, though...
  • Series finale, part two.

There are no words to explain how beautiful, amazing, and emotional this finale was. It tied up all loose ends, and gave us fans a sense of nostalgia as the show ended. We got a glimpse of the future, Cox's goodbye to JD not knowing he was listening and that hug at the end is what we've been waiting to see for the past eight years.

The show managed to bring back a ton of past characters, even the unresolved Amy Smart storyline was resolved. JD never called, it's good that this episode gave us a glimpse of the future. Since we know for sure that Elliot gets married with JD, and Turk's daughter, and JD's son ends up together. Something that they've been hoping for.

The goodbye's were amazing and the gag reel was just as emotional with everyone saying goodbye, and crying. It broke my heart to see this wonderful show end, but I'm glad they ended it like this. I cannot believe they made a ridiculous spin off after this amazing finale. This is the REAL finale in my eyes.
  • Perfect Finale

This had to be my favorite episode of Scrubs. JD's last day was not what he had expected, he does not get the farewell he had hoped for.
    The Dr. Cox and Janitor farewells were just perfect, with the whole finding out his name (Glen Mathews) and then it not bieng his name was just classic. And the sneak attack on Dr. Cox was pure genius. The hallway scene was awesome with seeing all of are favorite guest stars, and the final scene were JD is watching his future had me crying. And were you get to see Bill Lawrence as a janitor when JD says "Who says my dreams can't come true, just this once" was a great touch. All in all the greatest ending to the greatest series.
  • The perfect finale for a brilliant show

What can I say! This had to be one of the best finales I have ever seen, I loved the ending, its like we get to see the life J.D wondered if he would ever be able to have from his first day.
    It won't be the same without him, bless him in his vision of the future when he sees the ring.
    I loved the Dr Cox sneak emotion attack, I have watched every episode and would have to say that this finale made me almost cry at the end, seeing them all so happy and still just as nutty and ranty (Dr cox).
    A show that ended well
  • the perfect finale!

this episode was my 3rd favourite episdoe of scrubs of all time. It's so well put together, the ending in my view is one of the greatest endings ever. I loved it and it also put together drama with comedy for e.g at the end jd says goodbye to dr cox and sets dr cox up to admit without knowing that jd is the best doctor ever to walk though sacred heart and also how he is his friend jd hears this, as he was supposed to as he and sonny set the whole thing up. Jd gives him a hug and walks how saying that he (Dr Cox) thinks hes a exeptional person. Then the best bit is when he walks down the corridor to the exit and as he does everyone who has been seen and known and has passed away in his care stand down it to show all the experience he has had at scared heart. Then we see hooch at the end as well with him saying "hooch IS crazy" haha. When he walks out he see's his future on the back of his goodbye banner. Where he has a baby with elliott and gets married to her and sam and izzie get married and jd faints (lol), and it is shere brilliance. Bill Lawrence then rips down the banner and makes an appearance saying goodnight, Jd says it back and drives off brilliant.
  • Couldnt have ended any better!

Move over friends! Scrubs just took the top spot!

Cant believe its over! Thank god though it was the best ending we could have asked for.. No sad sitcom ending tryin to end a story but instead we got an image of a future JD could have so we wouldnt be left wonderig....
    I dont think they should bring it back for another season with new characters.. Just leave it the way it ended on a fantastic note..

One of the best shows on tv for 8 years.. Never let us down and continuosly made us laugh!!! Il miss you scrubs!!! :(
  • Great ending to the season, but not the series.

May 20th 2009, just anounced Scubs will come back next year. Well this puts a new light on the subject. Scrubs apparently is not going anywhere. This episode was a fitting sendoff to a great show. I don't know if I'll watch next years. I'll just let this ending be the end. Bye forever J.D. and your crew, you made TV tolerable. Bye Kleso, Turk, Cox, Elliot and carla. Bye Janitor, and all the people that made Scrubs what it was. A fantastic show with a lasting ton of reruns. Once again goodbye Scrubs and may you live on in TVLAND HISTORY!
  • Better Finale Than The Friends One. Best Finale Ever!!! Yeah I Said It.

I better not be eating my words if Scrubs does continue with a ninth season under the same name. Ah who cares, it's named the finale now so i'll review it as a finale and what a fantastic finale it was. The opening sequence where J.D. reminisces about his first day and how funny it was proves that Scrubs never lost any of it's humor even after 8 seasons. The whole episode after that fell into place perfectly using typical J.D. style daydreams and Turk rants all leading up to Dr Cox finally giving J.D. his hug. But the best moment of the whole episode was Dr Cox's unveiling of his true feelings for J.D.. It was heart felt, well placed and done in a way that fitted both characters. The sequence when JD. walks down the hall was just the icing on the cake of Scrubs which we have been dining on for 8 years and I'm glad it was topped off with such a fantastic ending. Farewell Scrubs.
  • Perfect ending to one of my favourite shows.

The episode was a double length one and was great. It was all about JD's last day at Sacred Heart, where he had been a doctor for 8 years.

The scene near the end when JD walked down the hallway on his way out with everyone lining the halls was great. It was nice to see alot of the characters from his past come back one last time. And obviously the other great bit was when Dr Cox finally said the truth about how he felt about JD. It has to be a, without a doubt 10 out of 10.
  • I've never seen a better ending for a show.

Over the years i have grown to love scrubs, and even though they switched from NBC to ABC, the had a killer season finale.

They closed so much lose ends. Cox and Jordan happier then ever, janitor gets married (i didn't see that coming) and ted gets a girlfriend! That was so cute.

When Cox told sunny how he really felt about JD, it was awesome. It was total fluff but in character, nicely done.

And the last part where JD walks through the hallway, with all the people he had met in his career, and the "movie" of his future was perfect, it made me cry like a baby. There are so much rumors that the show will go on, but i hope that they leave it with this. They could not have had a better ending.

This episode was a solide 10 for me.
  • A perfect ending that makes you cry like there's no tomorrow.

Everything about this episode is just perfect, there's nothing that could have been better. It's so great so see the show and all characters come to such an great ending, a bright look into future and - I'm still crying, it's such a beautiful way to end the series. This is a goodbye in a great way, and I will always remember the show and the funny jokes and charakters - it was so great to see Hooch and all of them one last time again.

Thank you for the last eight years. For everything.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.
  • J.D's last day at Sacred Heart (Part 2)

I'll just say this here to get it out of the way: this is probably my favorite Scrubs episode. It's well balanced, well written, well acted, just perfect. The end is what really got me (also there was the joke of J.D's imagination on sitcom endings and a blacked out, panic striken hospital, but I can't remember if it was in this episode or Part 1, either way, excellent joke). Anyway, the end was brillant. I think it might have been done before, somewhere else, but it's just fine here. J.D walking down that hallway and seeing everyone (though they're in his head), it reminds us what we go through at places we've been, people we can forget and people we will always remember. The tapestry and film future scene was also good. It shows us to look forward to our future, and as J.D's last patient's son points out, sometimes it's better to leave it to the imagination then knowing it. The music selection was "Book of Love" sung by Peter Gabriel. It was wonderful to listen to, as you looked at what J.D imagined the future to be and maybe will be. You feel good, even full of joy as the show ends and full of happiness for J.D as he rides off into the night. This will be a show I will never forget.
  • Perfect round up to one of the best comedies of our time

The show overall has been excellent pretty much through and through. Of course even the best of all shows have the every now and again bad episode but this one episode in particular couldn't have been further from it.

When watching it I knew the ending would be a big one for me and I felt caught out by not realising how much I was going to miss this show until it was over.

I thought it was very clever how every character got an individual send off and the J.D. / Dr Cox send off couldn't have been better.

Though over and above the best scene, even though it was a little cheesy, was the hallway and future scene. Reliving so many episodes and so many stories in a short space of time was overwhelming. Only to be followed by the "dream future" presented to us on the back of the Goodbye sign.

10/10, one of the best finales I've seen. I can only hope that we start to see the cast and crew back in films and other TV shows delivering the same powerful comedic talents in new roles.
  • To Dr. Jonathan Doris and company

Made an account just so i could review for this episode.

I have every scrubs episode on DvD and can't count the number of times I've spent watching episode after episode. They are a real pick me up. The fact that Scrubs could show both so much comedy, so much emotion, and yet still keep it realistic to the type of real life medicine you see in hospitals was a real testament to the show's vitality.

So we already covered how hard the cast, the crew, and the writers worked but what about the medical advisors and more importantly the real life Doctor John Dorian that made a cameo appearance on the episode, Jonathan Doris - I believe he was the son of the Huntingtons patient who told JD that sometimes not knowing what's going to happen is better. He, along with some other familiar names, have really helped prove that a comedic medical show like Scrubs can stay true to caring for others and fighting to save lives.

So thanks you to Dr. Jonathan Doris, Dr. Jon Turk, Dr. Dolly Klock,and many many others. Your knowledge and experiences have helped give this show a credibility that easily separates it from the rest of the pack.

Should the series end with this finale? I rated the episode a ten because honestly a better send off couldn't have been better and everyone knows that Zach Braff earned it. But as Scrubs has shown again and again that one person can't do it all on their own, there's no superman.
  • The greatest finish to the greatest series. J.D finishes his final day at Sacred Heart Hospital, and bids everyone fairwell - with an unexpected surprise at the end.

This episode summed up everything Scrubs, and why Scrubs is fantastic.

It contains its great humour, its serious moments, and everything else Scrubs.

This is undoubtedly the final episode of an 8 year, 8 Season series.

The final moments of the episode are truly heartwarming. Perry Cox finally admits to his admiration for J.D. After so many years of J.D looking up to him, especially in the earlier series - you always had the feeling that one day Cox would finally admit to respecting J.D.

It was one of his serious rants that I've had such a privalege watching over the series, however I felt the moment of seriousness was sliced in half by J.D appearing behind him, which immediately made the audience want to laugh for his happiness.

However, it was the final moments of the series that would be funny.

J.D walks through a corridor seeing all the people from the series past. A few give a few comments, and as he reaches the end, he sees a big screen, and it shows him and Elliot married. Perry and Jordan, Turk and Carla all visit J.D and Elliot for christmas, showing them all living happily ever after.

The scenes are touching, completing everything. Perry and Jordans marriage. J.D and Elliot's relationship. And J.D and Perrys friendship.

Perry finally hugs J.D out of his own will, and with their classic hearty songs, the visuals conclude to J.D and Elliot kissing.

J.D closes the show with his narration, giving an ending with any possiblity, saying that who says that last day dream won't come true?

A Thrilling conclusion.
  • The final episode of season 8 of the popular series Scrubs (possibly the last episode ever) features John Dorian (JD) leaving Sacred Heart to move closer to his son, Sam. The episode features mainly on JD saying goodbye and reminiscing.

Couldn't have asked for a more perfect end to the series really. Let's hope they keep it at that and don't add any more seasons with new characters. The final scene with JD leaving the hospital and the montage had me in tears, and there only a few things that will do that. Scrubs is one of the few shows that has managed to bridge the gap between comedy and emotion and has done it so incredibly well for most of it's seasons. Sure there was season 6 and 7 that were noticeably poorer, but let's focus on the positive, a near perfect end to a near perfect show. I'm sure everyone will join me in saying thanks for all the good times.
  • Incredible!

All I can say is that the ending for scrubs was a heart wrenching episode. It was beautifully done it was done with eloquence and grace. I thought it was incredibly great and that it was the best ending to a TV series I've ever seen. I can't even put my emotions down in word that I had when I was watching it. But what I can say is that it can not have been done any better. I think that this episode displayed some great acting especially by Zach Braff, Judy Reyes and John C. McGinley. In a way i hope Scrubs doesn't come back because they ended it so beautifully that i just wouldn't want that to be ruined.
  • The best finale I have ever seen...

I have to say, it is a very long time, since I have seen such a touchy and great, great finale. I can't help myself, but, I had to cry a litte bit ... J.D. and Turk not together in the same place anymore, leaving the place, that made you, who you are, the scene with Dr. Cox, where he finally said, what he thinks about J.D...

I will miss this series .. and, I hate them, for ending it, but, even I know, better to end it this way, but with a lame season ... and I hope, it is the end. Without J.D. and Turk as friends, I don't think, there will be much fun...

What a great finale, I must say again. They did such a big job. Such a good job. In the last years, when I didn't feel too good, Scrubs was one of the few things, that could make me laughing and forgetting all around me...and now?...
  • I Can't believe its over. A fantastic finale, with a final scene that will become a cliché for other shows, I'm sure. Thank you Bill Lawrence for everything. This show has had the whole spectrum, from bringing tears of joy to tears of sadness.

I do love it when shows manage to end on a high, sprinting across the finish line as opposed to limping over it. I'm not gonna over-analyse a finale, the important thing was it was both hilarious (taking the mick out of sitcom finale's: a stroke of genius) and moving (final past-and-future scene) And they couldn't have handled the janitor's name better, ultimately leaving it up to the viewer (personally i think he lied to J.D. and that orderly, and we still don't know his name, but i am so okay with that) The Dr Cox rant Encyclopedia (damn that is a hard word to spell) was great, and Dr Cox's feelings were super-dooper (I'm running out of praising adjectives here) Overall, a fandabidosy finale. Thank you ABC, the show should NEVER have ended on that silly fairytale episode, thank the cast for bringing the show to life, and thank you Bill, for eight great years. "Turn's out hooch was crazy"
  • This is the end, beautiful friend...

Well, there ends one really epic show in history of TV. I sometimes feel the previous line may be bit of an overstatement. But let's face it any show that lasts for 8 years sure does qualify as epic. Well as expected it was nostalgic in every sense possible. I know, I might run through this moment possibly 30 minutes later and feel a bit absurd. For heaven's sake it is a TV show. But still, you invest a lot of your personal stories into the show, relate to the characters, and you gotta admit it, you should feel nostalgic and sad watching it. I don't want to write about the usual stuff that happened, like Cox admitting JD as the darn best doctor the dump has ever seen, or the Turk-JD hugs. What I did really love, was the ending. The teleplay was just amazing and gives in about 5 minutes the deserving farewell for a show that we invested 8 years in. While the story ending was one part, the real ending for the cast and crew was another. The final montage with Bill Lawrence wrapping up the show just says it all.

I can't help relating my own personal life to the scheme of events that happened here. Next week, my school life comes to an end. I just have 3 more shifts at my job, where I've spent my last 2 years. Darn yes, Scrubs or reality, change is sure hard to digest.

Well, Scrubs has been an great show. Bravo to the cast and crew.
  • A wonderful ending to an amazingly entertaining eight years.

As soon as JD started to walk down the aisle of past guest stars, I lost it and started sobbing. I saw Mrs. Tanner, from the fourth episode of the very first season and I cried sad tears. But with Thomas Cavanagh, I was wepting happy tears. When I originally heard that most of the guest stars were returning for the finale episode, I wondered if the episode would consist of JD saying his goodbyes to each of them individually. Thankfully, it was appropriately a fanasty, so that we could see the deceased ones too. Most importantly though, I thought they fulfilled the Janitor's storyline as completely as I could have asked for. I was a little disappointed in his lack of presence in the last ten minutes where JD saw the 'movie of the future,' but I guess he wasn't the most important character to all fans, so other people need some closure too. Overall, I was extremely happy with the way they ended it, especially because things changed, but not EVERYTHING changed. I loved it.

My one complaint, that I'm sure couldn't be changed, was: where was Richard Kind, my favorite reoccuring guest star?
  • An amazing way to end a season...

Scrubs is good at mixing in drama with comedy, i think that this episode was the best one yet. I hope the network decides to renew this series because it really doesn't feel like J.D's story has ended. He starts a new life with new people and I'm curious to know how that turns out... Glenn Matthews, i wonder if that really is the Janitors real name... I guess we shall never find out! It is a mystery that even the writers can't solve. But what i love about this ending is that Dr. Cox finally admits that JD was the best thing that happened to the hospital because he is caring and compassionate. Turk, who doesn't love their bromance? It is epic! There were a lot of sentimental moments. I've been watching this show for eight seasons and neither of the season finales made me cry like this one. Because it shows what's in store for all of us. Love, friendship etc. Like i said before, they better renew this series because it is such a great one and it's classic. We watch doctor shows all the time but which doctor show has blatant and farce humor like this?
  • the absolute perfect finale to my favourite comedy of all time

I knew I would cry and I did. Dr Cox saying how he felt about JD, Carla and JD saying they would miss each other and the whole montage at the end had me smiling and sobbing like a loon at the same time. This show was 8 years of brilliance and thank god, for once in tv land, the finale lived up to the show. Did everyone catch that it was BL as the cleaner removing JD's sign at the end, when JD was thinking about 'who could make his fantasy come true' ? SO clever and so typical. Zach Braff has grown up with this show as did JD and nothing could have been better as closure for both of them. I will miss them all.
  • most memorable episode but i'm still sad that this classic show is ending.

my favorite part was that flash forward thing at the ending that shows JD and Elliot's future with a kid and Izzy and Sam getting married i sure hope JD and Elliot had a daughter i think they did, i couldn't tell. what a perfect ending and a beautiful one at that. i didn't see the beginning but i bet it was as great as the ending. i'll miss this show so much it's nutz. i miss it already. i am glad jd finally got his hug and we learn the janitor's first and last name. i'll miss this show very much. now that it's over.
  • Janitors name, Hug from Cox, Amazing future for the characters.

this was honestly the best episode of scrubs. It filled the empty holes. It kept the same the same type of humor and drama, but it also made its own twist somehow, and even though there had been spoilers leaked out on the internet, i was still in love with this episode. I watched this series the first time it aired, and i watched it at the end. it kept me laughing, and crying. I am speechless! GREAT SERIES! After this episode, i am sad to see it end, but so happy to see it end on a great/amazing note!
  • What an incredible end to one of television's greatest shows

I never get emotional during television shows or movies. The last time I actually got teary-eyed during a movie was The Green Mile. But Scrubs sort of got to me. Investing eight years into a TV show like this, where you get to know each character as if they were real life characters, takes a lot out of you when it ends. It's like friends passing away. I got choked up and found myself grinning the entire time at everything, from JD's "passing the torch" speech to the Janitor's attempts to get JD to admit he put the penny in the door.

Scrubs has always been superb at balancing the drama and the comedy and finding a middle ground. Tonight, they really did strike the perfect balance. It had JD coming around full circle, finally growing up and leaving behind the old jokes and fantasies he used to live by every day. The montage at the end was heartwrenching, and at that point, watching JD stand there and watch what could become of his future, was just incredible. No hilarious fantasies, no jokes.. just pure hope. Hope that his future can turn out just as he's always imagined it.

There were two moments that stood out to me as some of the best in the entire series. Dr. Cox admitting that he's respected JD and that he believes JD is just as good, if not better, than Dr. Cox because he's a respectable doctor, as well as person.. It was amazing to see Dr. Cox drop his tough persona for a moment and just reflect on JD's departure.. of course, JD turns this into a moment of triumph, but regardless, it was well written and incredible.

Also, the walk down the hallway with all of the people that have guest starred in the show or had an impact on JD showed up to give him one last goodbye. This was, of course, a fantasy, but not a absurd one. It was heart warming. It made me smile and think back to my own memories of watching these characters and made me wish JD didn't have to leave.

But I suppose all good things have to come to an end.. and Scrubs truly was one of the best. If this really is to be the last season, I think that fans and just casual watchers alike should be able to forgive the weaker seasons of the show and look at the show as a whole. When you do this, you can see that Scrubs truly was one of a kind and that each season had standouts. I personally hope they let Scrubs stay ended. The only way they should bring it back is if a majority of the cast comes back, and seeing as that's probably not going to happen, I'll be happy with the way they ended the show. Emotional, hilarious, and nearly perfect. Now it's time for Scrubs to let another show "take the reigns" and "pass on the torch.." I just had to say it.
  • I hope this show doesn't have any more episodes.

The finale was great that I don't wanna see any more episodes of Scrubs. I know one thing for sure, it's better than the way NBC tried to end it. ("Is that how the story ends...No, but that the way I'm telling it.")In the world of Sacred Heart, it was just a normal day (esp. since the eighth season had been not as dramatic as the others but that made the finale even better.) Some cheesy sitcom finales had everyone saying their goodbyes like crazy (Scrubs did too but it was normal.) and some finales had "all the power wired in one switch." Anyway, but in J.D's head, (esp. at the end) when every minor character was shown (I wished that they would show the interns from Season 7...they probably did..hiding in the crowd..) Then in the end, J.D creates a happily-ever reality for him and his friends and how his fantasties could be true. That scene was both heartwarming and comical at the same time...(Not many finales can do that but Scrubs can and did.) Let's end Scrubs on a good note...no more episodes...I rather remember this epically hilarious comedy-drama in this light.
< 1 2