Scrubs

My Finale, Part 2

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM May 06, 2009 on NBC

• This is the end, beautiful friend...

Well, there ends one really epic show in history of TV. I sometimes feel the previous line may be bit of an overstatement. But let's face it any show that lasts for 8 years sure does qualify as epic. Well as expected it was nostalgic in every sense possible. I know, I might run through this moment possibly 30 minutes later and feel a bit absurd. For heaven's sake it is a TV show. But still, you invest a lot of your personal stories into the show, relate to the characters, and you gotta admit it, you should feel nostalgic and sad watching it. I don't want to write about the usual stuff that happened, like Cox admitting JD as the darn best doctor the dump has ever seen, or the Turk-JD hugs. What I did really love, was the ending. The teleplay was just amazing and gives in about 5 minutes the deserving farewell for a show that we invested 8 years in. While the story ending was one part, the real ending for the cast and crew was another. The final montage with Bill Lawrence wrapping up the show just says it all.

I can't help relating my own personal life to the scheme of events that happened here. Next week, my school life comes to an end. I just have 3 more shifts at my job, where I've spent my last 2 years. Darn yes, Scrubs or reality, change is sure hard to digest.

Well, Scrubs has been an great show. Bravo to the cast and crew.