Scrubs

My Finale, Part 2

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM May 06, 2009 on NBC

• J.D's last day at Sacred Heart (Part 2)

I'll just say this here to get it out of the way: this is probably my favorite Scrubs episode. It's well balanced, well written, well acted, just perfect. The end is what really got me (also there was the joke of J.D's imagination on sitcom endings and a blacked out, panic striken hospital, but I can't remember if it was in this episode or Part 1, either way, excellent joke). Anyway, the end was brillant. I think it might have been done before, somewhere else, but it's just fine here. J.D walking down that hallway and seeing everyone (though they're in his head), it reminds us what we go through at places we've been, people we can forget and people we will always remember. The tapestry and film future scene was also good. It shows us to look forward to our future, and as J.D's last patient's son points out, sometimes it's better to leave it to the imagination then knowing it. The music selection was "Book of Love" sung by Peter Gabriel. It was wonderful to listen to, as you looked at what J.D imagined the future to be and maybe will be. You feel good, even full of joy as the show ends and full of happiness for J.D as he rides off into the night. This will be a show I will never forget.