Scrubs

My First Day

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM Oct 02, 2001 on NBC

• Quirky characters

This show has some the most unique and quirky characters I have ever seen. First there is Jd, our sort of lead guy/nerd without a prayer. He's fidgety, self deprecating, and desperate for attention. But at his heart he's kind of a sweet guy and a little bit of a good. Then there's his best friend Turk, a god complex mized with a healthy dose of confidence to off set Jd's lack there of. They make a great comedic pair and really work together. Elliot is Jd's "will they, won't they" love interest and the girl is basket case crazy which she just let's spew onto anyone who is nearby. She is a mental breakdown waiting to happen and even more spastic then Jd. Carla, Turk's love interest to be, is a sassy nurse who is defenitely the lady in charge with an attitude to match. Dr. Cox, Jd's reluctant mentor, is a sullen overbearing loner with a ego to match. The guy just endlessly rides each and every person he possibly can every chance he can. Dr. Kelso the head of this little hospital gang is a particularly unappreciative and cruel man. But the best of all these character is The Janitor. He's torturous, vindictive, and just plain loves to mess with everyone. And despite all these seriously messed up qualities each and every character brings their own brand of comedy and makes you want to watch them week after week. Generally I'm not a fan of pilots but I do like this episode. J.D: Maybe there's a penny stuck in there.
    Janitor: Why a penny?
    J.D.: I don't know. Janitor: Did you stick a penny in there?
    J.D.: No, I was just making small talk.
    Janitor: If I find a penny in there, I'm taking you down