Scrubs

My Full Moon

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM Apr 01, 2009 on NBC

• Worst episode of "Scrubs" since "My Tormented Mentor" in Season 3.

Horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE! An entire "Scrubs" episode without Zach Braff! The new interns are boring, vapid, and utterly unremarkable; it's impossible to care about a single one of them. Donald Faison and Sarah Chalke do their best, but even they can't save the inept writing and dead weight of the new cast. The entire show is beginning to resemble something that even the old WB or UPN networks would thumb their noses at.

Where are these high episode ratings coming from? Let's face it: "Scrubs" has been struggling anyway since the beginning of Season 6, but without J.D., the show is dead man walking. Yes, I know that Zach Braff is a typical greedy actor who can't possibly support his family on a paltry few million an episode...but why oh WHY did ABC even bother to pick up the show if they weren't going to make every effort to keep the original cast? Limited Dr. Kelso and Carla appearances, Dr. Cox a shell of his former self, and now an entire episode without J.D's narration and fantasies. This is a sad ending to one of television's greatest comedies in the past twenty-five years.