Scrubs

My Full Moon

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM Apr 01, 2009 on NBC

• Turk and Elliott are on call and are running the hospital with the interns. A very different episode of Scrubs.

This episode to begin with had alot of the feel that the previous "No JD" episode had with the feeling that it may be a test run for Scrubs to continue after major cast members have left. No J.D or Carla, or Kelso or Dr.Cox or Janitor made this feel like a very different show. With Elliott and Turk surrounded by the interns it makes you feel that they are setting up a platform for scrubs to go to a 9th season. Whether this is a good thing or not is questionable though.

This week J.D is off with Sam to Disneyland and Carla and many other major cast members are no where to be seen. This has Turk and Elliott running the hospital for the night. They don't like the idea of just having the interns around as they have reached the point where they actally think they are good doctors and know everything. To knock them down a peg or two Elliott and Turk each give them assignments that will hopefully challenge them.

Along the way Turk and Elliott have a deep discussion about how they feel about their jobs and whether they will do it for the rest of their lives. Elliott seems unsure as a patient comes in that had previous weight problems and now is HIV positive. This ep was funny in parts and had the emotional kick that most great Scrubs eps have but the problem here was much simpler. It never felt like Scrubs, it seemed almost like a spinoff that occurs when half the cast don't want to be there anymore. That said I still enjoyed this ep, especially Turks day dream where he sees himself as a mechanic. I just hope we can get the whole cast back for the remaining few eps.