Scrubs

My Happy Place

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM Jan 13, 2009 on NBC

• Finally, for the first time in awhile, an episode that brings together comedy and drama in the perfect blend. There wasn't too much focus on daydreams either.. We got a well written, well acted episode that combines everything good the show has done.

What an awesome episode! The first thing I thought when I heard the synopsis of the episode is "Oh great, another "Elliot and J.D get together for an episode and break up again" plot line, but instead, was pleasantly surprised to see them actually pick up apart their relationship with each other and really show why it's logical these two should end up together. I heard one person talk about how they were referencing other shows and how they get themselves into these completely ridiculous situations (Friends, for instance) and it was clever to have them by themselves, talking about all of the stupid little things that have prevented them from being together.

But enough of that.. This episode was just excellent. From Turk calling Cox "Baby," to the return of Jimmy, the touchy Orderly and of course, the return of the Janitor to his actual job. Everybody had some attention focused on them, whether large or small, and, as most of this season has been so far, there has been much less ridiculous daydream sequences and more realism. I like J.D's daydreams as much as the next person, but one every twenty seconds gets a little ridiculous.

It'll be nice to see where the episodes go from here. All I know is that the show has been holding my attention more then it has in awhile.