Scrubs

My Happy Place

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM Jan 13, 2009 on NBC

• Jd And Elliot, fifth times the charm.

Over the years I've gone back and forth when it comes to Jd and Elliot. Originally I wanted them to work it out, then when they finally became friends once and for all I was happy with them staying in that place and got a little mad when they tried to force things between them at the end of season 6 (even though it made sense story wise). I was pleased when they kind of shurked it off as a fluke but now in season 8 I find myself with a renewed interest in seeing them back together. I don't really know what happened, I was against it at the end of season 6 but now I'm starting to remember why I thought they were so cute once upon a time and as Jd said they've both changed. Elliot a much much stronger, confident lady and Jd though perhaps not so changed as Elliot has grown up a lot and become less of a codependent person. I also loved their conversation in this episode about how they don't have to be that couple, the Ross/Rachel couple. They can just be. Over the years they've had plenty of Ross/Rachel stuff stretching all the way back to the first season but I'm thinking it could be this time which is kind of remarkable but feels right. I'm especially surprsised that it doesn't feel forced, considering this is the last season of Scrubs it could potentially feel like they were putting them together just because the show was ending but it actually feels like one of their more natural hookups. I'm hopeful that it stays that way and from spoilers it looks like they could be safe but it's still Jd and Elliot, they're both giant sabotage addicts and even though they've mostly gotten rid of that I'm not going to get to reattached to them just yet. I do feel like over the years a lot of what's happened between them has made sense, both as a couple and as friends, and this latest chapter is just another great example of that but knowing Jd and Elliot I doubt they'll find their happily ever after with another anything but simple. But how cute was that end scene though? They're so sweet with one another, I had almost forgotten.