Scrubs

My Heavy Meddle

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM Feb 26, 2002 on NBC

• The aftermath of Elliot & JD's breakup.

A pretty good episode. It was just sort of the aftermath of JD & Elliot's breakup. The thing that annoyed me about this episode is that Elliot & JD were treating their breakup, as if they have been dating for years. When really they only dated for about a week. JD learns that his old high school teacher has died and he doesn't let it bother him, when Dr. Cox goes insanely mad, he goes out to have some drinks with JD and they have a meaningful conversation. I loved this plot because I always love Cox development. Then the next day, Cox is totally fine. And JD feels hurt, by the end he is taught to let his anger out once in a while and he starts to deal with his teacher's death. A great plot. Turk & Carla are assigned together for a medical project. Turk just uses her since she's a geek. By the end, everything's resolved. Turk tells her to go make up with JD, he wants things back to normal. I love that Turk/Elliot development. JD & Elliot make up in the end, as friends. Carla has a patient who wants to listen to music that Kelso doesn't want to listen too. With the help of the lawyer they give the patient his last dying wish. An okay plot, on Carla's plot. I love the scene at the end, where the group throws stuff off the roof to let out anger. It was nice to see things are back to it's usual norm. A great episode. Put things in perspective.
  • My Best Friend's Mistake

A very good Cox Episode. The JD subplot with his High School teacher Mr Peters was pretty good. Dr Cox confuses me a little bit, especially when he showed up at JD's house and takes him to the bar etc., but i guess that's how his character is supposed to be? His rants were great and how he tore the lap techs office apart *lol*. The Jelliot break up kinda bothers me. But it was very very well written, so i'm not gonna get into that now. The Elliot and Turk subplot was really interesting and i enjoyed the Todd. Carla's subplot was also good.
  • a good development about Dr. Cox

This episode is funny just because of the fact that it's Franklin's first appearance, i love that guy and how JD is always disappointing him. Moving on, the way Dr. Cox uses JD in this episode is quite intriguing and the fact that he is never emotionally stable but is always willing to offer others advise is another thing that makes me laugh.

I also find it's always interesting to see how Turk and Elliot's friendship comes along, which this episode gives us insight into also. The project that Turk and Elliot are working on re appears in the episode "My Old Man" another great episode.
  • Fine example.

I thought this was a pretty good episode. I enjoyed watching it and it had the typical Scrubs humor that I look for in an episode. I liked the part with Elliot and the little rubber thingy on her finger. That was funny, and so was the rest of the episode. It was also funny how at the end they all threw watermelons off the roof, and then Janitor had to clean up the mess in the parking lot it made (I can see how that made JD happier!). So, yes, this was yet another great episode from Scrubs! I enjoyed watching it and I am looking foreward to watching more episodes of Scrubs.
  • JD and Elliot can't seem to avoid each other at work and Elliot and Turk are working on a project together; Carla deals with a coma patient's last request.

• Wolverines!

This episode is a great one in that it shows exactly how people react after a breakup and the batting field scene was a crack up. I also like the janitor scene:

Janitor: Girl problems?
    JD: How'd you know?
    Janitor: You look like you got problems, you're a girl, hence girl problems.

Dr Cox being angrier than usual was a brilliant idea because it shows that Cox can be worse and the ending was a great one too, the Janitor finally getting his comeuppance when he has to clean the watermelon that the main cast throw off the roof.

Overall, this episode is a great conclusion to the three episode string of the JD and Elliot relationship.