Scrubs

My Last Day

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM May 21, 2002 on NBC

• All secrets revealed.

The first finale of the series did not fail to impress. A year has past since JD's first day, and now he is becoming a resident, this episode was everyone's last day as an intern. Definitely a great plot, everyone has to team up one more time as interns to try to pull off performing surgery on a guy who doesn't have insurance.

By the end, you can see things have come around a full circle. You think that this season finale will be pretty average and like any other episode. Until Cox makes the mistake of telling Jordan she's predictable. Then all hell breaks loose. Somehow Jordan knows everyone's secrets from the past season, and I gotta say watching her tell everyone their flaws and secrets was enjoyable, since we've been waiting for a moment like this to come in all aspects.

Such as Carla finding out Cox has feelings for her, and Turk not telling her about it. Which leaves things in a dark spot for them. Telling Cox that the promotion that Kelso has been making him jump through hoops for has been filled months ago. Revealing that Elliot still has feelings for JD. And finally, the juiciest secret of all: When JD slept with Jordan, in the very beginning of the season. I love how they dissected every past issue unresolved in this epsiode.

The episode ends with everyone not speaking to each other. Some because their mad, afraid, or just running away of how awkward it may be. I don't know if you can call this a cliffhanger, but it definitely got me excited for the next season, and seeing the whole group as residents will be enjoyable. Looking back on this season, it was incredible.

Almost every episode blew me away. So Scrubs did a good job for it's first year. Let's see how Season 2 owns up. Amazing first season finale.
  • A brilliant Season 1 finale!

This just shows how awesome was Scrubs in its first season. It has always been of my favorite episodes.
    And yeah, what else could you ask on a season finale? This one had it all, top class comedy, good drama, character development, and a great cliffhanger.

Is the final day of the three young doctors as interns. Dr. Cox wants to get a promotion in the Hospital. The three guys end up taking care of the same patient, Mr. Bober. JD had the patient at first, but he is busy with Dr. Cox so he passes the patient to Elliot. Elliot passes the patient to Turk because she was attending Jordan. They all didn't mind about the guy at first, then they attack the problem from three different ways: Dr. Cox, Dr. Wen and Jordan, and they succeeded. But at the end Jordan stirs up things a little bit telling the truths to Carla, Turk, Dr. Cox, Elliot, and telling to Dr. Cox she slept with JD! Ending the amazing season in a great scene.

This was a terrific first season for this show. And it had a great featured music that fit very well. Of course this was filled with humor. The beginnig scene of the mirror friends and the Janitor in the shower, Elliot's rape whistle, hooking into conversations literally, usual Dr. Cox, Todd was very funny in this one. JD daydreaming about Mr. Bober, when Carla kisses him and he says "What's wrong, dawg?" I just cracked up. And the reminiscent scene of the Janitor and the broken door, this time with an intern. And a lot more comedy. Definitely in the top 10 of Scrubs.
  • Great final.

This was a great final for the first Season and after the episode i couldn't wait for Season 2. It wasn't as intense as other finals i saw, but it doesn't always HAVE to be that intense. The beginning is already great (how JD sees everybody in the mirror on his last day as a Intern). The jokes were hilarious and it was great to see Jordan again, since i really like her character. It had a amazing Cox and JD moment (Cox telling JD that he can always come to him with stuff like that etc.). I really liked Elliot giving Jordan a physical (sp?). The cliffhanger with Jordan in the end was great. The song was also great once again.
  • A great season finale and cliffhanger

Scrubs ended it's firt season in style. A few storylines were going on throughout the season and near the end to help make the ending of this episode so good. The episode is a strong one with a good plot in JD's last day as an Intern. It was also nice to see referances to the pilot episode and the first scene with the mirror was well done. But what makes it especially good is it's ending when Jordon reveals the main characters secrets to make a good cliffhanger which is nicely done for the season 2 opener. Great for a season closer making you anxious to see the next episode "my overkill".
  • Jordan blows our socks off with a reality check speech.

I love that in the first season of this series, the writers were willing to take a chance with a new and different type of ending. The whole first season was summed up in one semi-angry speech, which was actually helping the next season when the audience had to be reminded of what had happened. Plus, it lead perfectly in "My Overkill" and it just doesn't get any better than that. I liked that the problems were all brought up by someone other than JD, which was especially sweet since the final important speech of the season wasn't made by a main character at all, but instead by the loveable Jordan. This season closer wasn't a total cliffhanger (admit it, we love them, but they do get annoying!) but it did leave you wanting more.
  • Series finale

This is definitely in my top 5 favourite episodes of scrubs. Jorden leaves the whole group furios at each other after she reveals dark secrets kept by each character. I wasn't expecting anything like this to happen. Each charcter sits there in shock for a few seconds as Jorden then wishes thenm a lovely summer. We are left biting our nails when the episode ends wondering what will happen next. This episode is a fine example as to why i watch the show. Scrubs always has fantastic season finales where we are left hanging on the edge of our seats.There was one dissapointing finale and that is season 4's
  • You couldn't ask for any more in a season finale.

• Excellent cliffhanger

This episode of scrubs is one of my favourites, although by the end i was dying to know what would happen in the next episode. this episode had a great final song/montage and jordan's speech revealing everyone's secrets and ruining everyone's relationship was true to her cold-hearted self and was a great way to end the episode, JD thinking sarcastically, yep, one big, happy family. the episode also had humour for instance the pre-opening credits sequence in front of the mirror where JD imagines all of the characters' faces in the mirror all of them summing up their characters and the secrets later revealed at the end and the imaginary janitor in the shower stating 'what, i'm not good enough for your mirror friends?' all of the characters appear in the episode, major or minor: laverne, the todd, ted, the janitor, dr kelso, dr wen, dr cox, jordan, elliot, carla, turk and of course JD which really sums up the end of the season. if not for the cliffhanger at the end this would make a great series finale which hopefully won't come for a long time for this hilarious medical show.