My New Coat

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM Oct 24, 2002 on NBC

• Notably dumb episode

Supposedly it was about not caring what people though of you and doing what's right even it makes you unpopular. . .except that Eliot liked everyone thinking she is the hospital's 'pass around' because she is a starved attention whore and JD learnt that lying to your patients is 'the right thing' if it makes them feel better.

Who would have thought that I (and medical ethics) was wrong about needing doctors to not be liars.

The only one that actually progressed -was Turk.
  • Elliot gets a bad reputation.

Everyone on here thought this episode was hysterical but I just didn't find it that funny, and I honestly found it a bit forgettable. In this episode, JD starts wearing his doctor's coat, and Cox ridicules him when he makes a mistake. Haven't we seen this before? Cox ridiculing JD because he made a mistake? Except in this episode, JD learns to stand up for himself even though he was in the wrong. I enjoyed seeing Cox & Carla's friendship developing i this episode, and you can tell that Cox still likes Carla. Meanwhile Elliot has a one night stand, and she is known as the hospital tramp. Turk gets in this mess when he starts talking about Elliot behind her back to fit in with the surgeons, Elliot walks in on them talking about her, and she leaves. By the end all is forgiven, and it turns out Elliot likes being recognized. Even though she has to be recognized for the bad things too. I think the only time I recall laughing really hard in this episode is when JD sees Elliot with the doctor, and imagines her taking her shirt off and bringing the doctor in a room. Turk learns that he doesn't have to be part of the "boys club" to be part of the surgeons. JD learns to own up to his mistakes. The lawyer annoys me beyond belief, the janitor is starting to grow on me. Fair episode, nothing special.
  • My favorite episode of Season 2!

This episode lacks of nothing, is a really funny episode, and therefore I think that this is the best episode of Seasno 2! First of all, JD begins bringing a new coat because he is startng to feel a doctor, to what Janitor replies by using one too, since it lacks of professionalism. Cox puts on an old lady (whose age is misunderstood) into a test that angers Kelso, and later he must apologize. Elliot is now seen as the hospital tramp, and Turk's back is suffering from Dr. Amato who is short, and in order to avoid another surgery with him, he begins telling the group more things about Elliot. Now, I really love this episode because of many things, but mainly it was because there was too much cruelty to Ted. I love Ted and how they torture him and how is his life so misfortunate. One of the scenes tells us with Ted saying to Dr. Cox really weakly "Um... unfortunately you put us in somewhat of a legal bind", to what Kelso replis with a smile "Way to go Ted", and the angers and replies "My God, man, you couldn't scare a child", that was hilarious. Also the scene in Ted's office was really funny, with Ted losing control and telling JD to get rid of the nose and also when he tells him that is his birthday, and JD does not listen well, and Ted replies with "Nothing" and then begins to sing to himself. Wow! This episode i sjust hilarious, I love it!
  • FUNNY!

JD gets an ego boost by wearing a white doctor's coat ("I look doctorly!"), but also has to accept the increased responsibilities that come with it. Elliot's reputation takes a knock when she has a one-night fling with a doctor she just met. The jokes were just hilarious. Elliot was absoutly funny ("Do me, Do me") and so was the Janitor! I loved Dr Cox in JD's fantasty, who he peed his pants *lol*. Dr Amato and Turk were also very funny (man is that Amato small!) And of course last but not least, Perry and Bob never fail to make me laugh!
  • Fine example

Elliot sleeps with a handsome doctor she hardly knew and soon becomes the hospital tramp. Turk suffers from his back after operating with Dr. Amato, a very short surgeon. J.D. finds out that wearing a white coat doesn't make him a better doctor, but is upset by having Dr. Cox throw in his face that he made another mistake. And Dr. Kelso is just dying for an opportunity to lash out his anger on Dr. Cox.

They think of everything in scrubs, now were onto the little people. Some of the scenes left me in stitches. JD and his white coat, its spiffy!?
  • No unfunny moments

This episode has one of my all time favourite Ted scenes with great gags such as
    JD: A patient's blaming me for loosing his sense of smell.
    Ted: Oh my God, you cut off someone's nose!? Where is it? Do you have it on you? You're disgusting!

J.D.: Ted, maybe you should calm down.
    Ted: Maybe YOU should calm down!

Although he's not the most popular cast member, it's moments like these that really show the character's hilarity.

The plots in this episode is great such as Elliot being known as the hospital skank, Turk being tortured by having to hurt his back during surgery because of the short surgeon but baring with it since it's better than making jokes about his friends and JD being convinced that he won't make any silly intern mistakes and this obviously backfires, though it is later proven that it wasn't his fault.

A hilarious, yet serious at times, episode.