Scrubs

My Perspective

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM Feb 15, 2007 on NBC

A pretty good episode although it was forgettable in some places. Probably the only memorable scene was the bedpan race. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but after I finished watching it, I had trouble remembering what REALLY happened. All of it is juts JD moping around, and his friends complaining about who to take care of him next.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf allusion was fantastic, and the janitor going on a fake cruise just to get JD in to trouble was clever, and it seems as though the janitor is never going to run out of things on how to torture JD. Brian being a recurring character? Hmm, he's not serving much importance yet, but I'm sure he will in the near future. Just a fun light episode, funny, but not memorable
  • The season turns around through a hilarious episode!

I love this episode. There is a great scene for every character. Turk shines when he says "Still don't know what I'm sayin'," and JD is hilarious when he falls from the ceiling and says, "For the love of God, just mousse and twist!" I love how subtle Judy Reyes is with her cane because of the un-scripted hip injury. The janitor is my favorite, and I am a hardcore fan of everything he does and says. One of my all-time favorite quotes came from this episode: "Here's what you're thinking. I'm lost in the city, I'm hungry, and this is the guy that killed my mom with a snow mobile!" However I did take off 0.1 point because, while it wasn't good OR bad, I didn't really love the Frankenstein scene.
  • Season 6 finally got good. JD feels sick and is diagnosed(naked by Dr. Cox) with Vasovagal Syncope, the Poo-fainting disease, and is hit with a DUI. Th Janitor Hatches an evil plan, and Dr. Kelso wants everyone to lie to their patients.

Season 6 finally hit its stride with this instant classic that uses a wolf in the funniest plot-line since Arrested Development, may it rest in peace. This episode starts with a n ill-feeling, and naked, JD receiving an awkward physical exam by an unfriendly and unapologetic Dr. Cox. The prognosis for comedy is good. JD is soon diagnosed with Vasovagal Syncope, or the "poo-fainting" disease. Meaning every time he goes number 2 he passes out. This is not the best situation for a man who lives and sleeps in a tent. This becomes immediately apparent when his neighbors discover a nude from the waste down(thanks to Turk's advice on how humans are the only animals that go number 2 with their pants on)passed out JD in their front bathroom. He used the front because it has a hook from which to hang his pants while he goes. This puts JD in a very depressing state and his friends then hold elaborate contests to see who has to take care of him. This is all fine and good until a drunk JD, not wanting to break the law decides to push his scooter home instead of drive it, is still arrested and charged with DUI. But finally Turk's advice comes in handy in jail as only a someone hard core would ever hang up their pants then proceed to pass out while taking a poop. The prisoners invite him into their gang and he gets to participate in a "beating in" of a new recruit and everything. As JD's life is in total shambles Dr. Kelso has told the entire staff at Sacred Heart to lie to their patients in order to make them feel more secure. Also theres a new surgeon competing with Turk, which starts to rattle his confidence, and in turn embroils him in an ethical dilemma when facing Private Dancer's upcoming surgery. In the long run everything works out, except for JD's disease and his DUI, but the episode ends as things usually do with the janitor being mauled by a wolf in the middle of a lot in a residential neighborhood, as part of a 4 step plan called operation "the boy who cried wolf," and Dr. Kelso hosing off a surgeon on the hospital's roof. I give it a ten.
  • 8.8? This deserves a 9.1!

What a great episode, I really enjoyed it. Very funny, very Scrubs-like and I am quite surprised it has such a low rating for Scrubs as it was one of the best in this season so far. J.D. shows symptoms of 'Vasovagal Syncope', a condition that causes fainting and blackouts which lead to some very hilarious and embarassing moments. Turk and Elliot argue over whose turn it is to take care of him, whilst Carla tries out her new excuse "I have a baby" which she uses once and the Janitor takes a vacation and leaves Ted and Todd a very funny job to do.
  • Really pointless actually.

Absolutely way too many scenes with that guy with the flipped hair acting wierd. I mean give it a rest and when that dude called his female boss a bad word,they never said what it was! But besides all that it was a pretty descent and funny show. Like when he was in jail that was hilarious!
  • certainly a classic. this is why i love this show

This is why we watch scrubs with such vigor. the episode starts off with a scene which gives you a good laugh. Then they give the storyline a nice twist by giving JD a syndrome which simply means: "he faints when he poops" this gives the writers an oppertunity to draw so much attention to JD and his neighbours that you almost forget there is a storyline. The janitor makes a nice comeback with boy who cries wolf operation and you just now this show is gonna pull itself together before the end. it seems like S6 is going to be a sendoff to remember.
  • FUNNY One of my favorites

"Newbies tests results came back he has Vasovagal Syncope."
    "and that makes you happy"
    "he will pass out when he poops"
    Eww sports talk... oo Billy OCean. Im not good with fire. Martin im sorry i ate your daughters face"" hey i dont like the fire"
    One of my favorite jokes was "guys look away when i put my password in""alligator3, ok you can look.
    The Boy who cried wolf made it funnier. I know when your Tipsy you get very handsy" " your right" THose were some of the funny jokes. Buzz gets fired from foot locker. The hostility between the 2 rocks.
  • certainly a classic. this is why i love this show

• Not as good as My Musical but still one of the better episodes of season 6. Some good jokes and some heart filled meanings. Classic Scrubs.

Not as good as My Musical but still one of the better episodes of season 6. Some good jokes and some heart filled meanings. Classic Scrubs. Although too serious at times this episode was good in showing JD what his life was like for his friends which made the episode more heart tingling rather then classic comedey. However it does touch well on comedey as not only is the janitor trying to fill his shoes with todd and ted, Jd also has some funny poop related moments. This is also a good episode because you get to see Todds website. www.Thetoddtime.com
  • Ah come on this was a classic Scrubs episode!! I watched this episode 3 times now and I must say it is by far the best is season 6.

Ah come on this was a classic Scrubs episode!! I watched this episode 3 times now and I must say it is by far the best is season 6. It can compare with those from seasons 1 to 5. Funny, fast, character development... Best of all: almost NO Carla, and more Ted and Todd! And the babies and Kim was only briefly mentioned. I hope that it stays that way.
    I was surprised with all the others reviews (so I decided to write my own [my first]) and an overall rating, because I honestly believe that My Prospective is worth watching more than once. Scrubs are comedy, not drama and this episodes proves it!
  • Although nothing big happend in terms of what's to come, it was still an epiosde with some small plot and characer development, if nothing else, a solid episode.

In this episode, JD develops a syndrome that causes him to have fainting and black out spells when he poops. While this was very funny, it was just an add-on to the ongoing list of things going wrong in his life. His friends argue over who has to take care of this time and you get the impression that JD has never really taken care of himself. Turk in this episode deals with his new Croation intern Milosh. The problem with Milosh is that he was already an accomplished surgeon in his country but he had o start all over in America as an intern, thusly knowing too much to be an intern. Turk also battles when is the right time to lie and when it is better to tell the truth. I thought it was a great episode as we see at the end, JD grows in the sense tha he will start handling his own problems instead of pawning them off on friends and Turk realizes that telling the truth may not be such a bad thing, regardless of what Dr. Kelso says. Although not the best Scrubs ever, I thought that it was better than average and considering what's to come, a perfect filler episode ot build suspense.
  • A good show, but only hinting at more

I did like this episode, but I think "filler episode" is right on for describing this episode. I still really liked it, but it was like an appetizer. You can tell something's about to happen with J.D., but you jus don't know what. I did like that for once the Janitor got his comeuppance for endlessly harrassing J.D. And boy, are they really showing the Ted character to be a perv. When even Bob Kelso can call somebody a perv, you know that's bad! I guess what makes me sad is that this may very well be the "beginning of the end" for Scrubs. Seems they are trying to start tying up all the loose ends. It will be sad to see such a fine show end, but I guess they all have other projects they probably need to go on to. It will be missed!
  • JD deals with stress

This is a great followup episode as it doesn't make a huge deal about the miscarriage but rather uses that to add to his stress of having no home and no girlfriend which of course makes everyone else miserable as JD's needy self comes through.

The episode is incredibly funny with another crazy Elliot story with no point, a bedpan race, the doc who cried wolf, a backfired Janitor plan and a successful one, JD's relationship with his neighbours and Kelso's lecture about lying .

There were a few weak points like the Kelso echoing which was funny at first but got old but none that brought the episode down and overall, this episode is terrific and deals with stress, honesty and friendship.
  • An extremely talented Croatian war-surgeon comes to Sacred Heart, only to have to redo his residency. J.D.'s life is in shambles, and everyone begrudgingly takes care of him, while trying to pass him off to someone else. Turk deals with honesty issues.

I thout this episode was better than the past two. It was not so sketchy and random, and the jokes seemed much more fresh. They didn't have to try as hard as they have been to get a laugh. J.D.'s medical condition allowed for a bunch of varied and smooth jokes, such as waking up in his neighbors bathroom, with them standing over him, and Eliot getting beer all over her because J.D.'s safety string gets pulled by a passerby. I really liked the Janitor's most elaborate hoax to date. The plot-line was not interrupted, and went smoother as well. Granted, Scrubs still has to find its ground again, as this is easily the worst season so far, but I think they are slowly making progress, and I am looking forward to the next episode.
  • one of my favourite shows is starting to lose ground

jd is having some trouble in his life. carla uses the baby excuse not to help out, while turk and elliot have to race to see who has to take care of jd for the night.

meanwhile kelso gives a speach how everyone should lie to patients, turk refuses to do so and finds himself losing a surgery to a new doctor - milosh (spelling)

carla and cox have very little lines.
    ted and todd are back, and have orders from the jannitor, who is on a cruise of all things, to do something special to jd.

the story was pretty interesting but i found myself missig the language jokes, there seemed to be too much physical comedy and not much talking at all.

good episode nontheless, but ive come to expect much better from scrubs, so in the end was a bit disappointed.
  • This episode wasn't even close to up to Scrubs' normal standard of hilarity. I was disappointed.

Not only was this episode lacking in the witty banter which normally comes standard, it didn't really offer much when it came to character development, and none of the episode was particularly interesting. Although still somewhat humorous, this episode almost made me wish that the musical episode had been the finale, just because the two most recent episodes have both been such a letdown. Not only that, this episode didn't add any relevant information, I wouldn't have minded the boredom nearly as much if it were at least possible that some of the information we got in this episode would eventually be pertinent to another plotline, but I honestly don't think that was the case. Basically, this episode was sub-par and highly disappointing.
  • Not as good as last week, but still entertaining.

I was just a little disappointed by this episode. I still gave it an 8.4, because it had it's moments... What I don't understand is why they didn't even REMOTELY touch on last week's story line. I really wanted to see what happened between him and Kim and the baby, but I guess that'll be saved for a later date.

Anyway, for a more civilized review... ---------------CAUTION, SPOILERS AHEAD----------------------

I didn't understand where J.D. got sick. Where did this sickness come from? I'm pretty sure he's gotten more stressed out than this. Of course, this may be his way of showing that the Kim thing actually really got to him, and finally put him over the edge. I find it sad that these characters feel OBLIGATED to help a person who is in trouble. I understand that if your friend is in trouble, you need to help them out, but you should help them if you WANT to. I thought it was very careless and rude for Turk and Elliot to have a competition about who "has to" help J.D.. Forcing Dr. Cox to ask J.D. out for a beer is not right. J.D. did not go console him in "My Fallen Idol" until HE wanted to. He had a time to go see him, but couldn't until he felt that he should. I am very proud of J.D. for finally figuring out that he had to deal with this alone for once, it shows his maturity in this show... Something Scrubs is known to do... amazing character progression.

When it comes to Dr. Turk and telling the truth, this was a very deep and important lesson this episode told. He learned that he didn't HAVE to lie, but it's how he presents the truth that matters most to the patient. This part of the show, although not considerably funny, is the reason I scored this episode as highly as I did.

Janitor was worthless. Not funny, not original, could have been cut from the show this week... but since he's a main character now, he has to be in every episode. C'mon Scrubs, you can do better than that.
  • Scrubs drops in quality once again

This episode felt thrown together. J.D. is thrown in jail, the German surgeon, J.D. needs to feel better, the whole lying ordeal, Janitor's subplot, J.D. passing out when he poos. Scrubs has always been a good show to tie storylines together, but this one was a little too much. After last weeks episode, I though Scrubs was back on track, but after this one, my mind is not clear on that. I love Scrubs, but I feel the 5th season is where the show hit its peak. Oh well, I still have hope. And why did Carla have a cane?