Scrubs

My Rabbit (1)

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM May 17, 2007 on NBC

A fine episode of Scrubs tonight, it really owned up it's cliffhanger, and really made JD & Elliot go in different directions in this episode, which was probably for the better. A lot of seriousness has become of Scrubs, considering all the changes and life decisions. Everyone hates Kim, and everyone is on JD's side as she comes back to Sacred Heart. We learn the sex of the baby which is a boy. Turk realizes having a baby changes you as a doctor, and he tries to get JD to realize that. Kelso wanting a cat fight was hysterical. Elliot is a complete control freak, and Carla & Elliot get in to a fight about it as they're still planning her wedding.

Sure JD/Elliot fans wont be too fond of this episode, since the episode ends with JD with Kim, and Elliot with Kieth. But I came to realize how much I missed Kim as a character on this show. I honestly think this is one Elizabeth Banks' best roles, and she has been on a lot of prime time, believe me. Really it gave countless possibilities for the finale. Are JD & Elliot going to move in different directions with Kim and Kieth? Or will they explore they're feelings for each other yet again, hoping things don't turn out bad? A great eventful episode, that led us right in to the finale.
  • A crazy episode with some of the classic early humour seeping in.

Since Kim was now in the picture, I was going to give her another chance to see if I liked her. To be honest, I thought she had been a nuisance throughout the end of season 5 and season 6. Even the other characters showed their hateful views towards her in this episode. But, there were a few scenes that made me feel sorry for Kim. Carla and Elliot were very hostile to her and I thought Carla would support her more since she's been through the same experience. At the end of the episode, things did get better for her because JD and the hospital employees started to accept her.

There were some crazy and funny moments though. The Bunny Conscience was hilariously random and the physical comedy was back at its best.
  • In this episode J.D. invites Kim to live with him so that they can raise their child.

It was really cool that J.D. let Kim move in. I don't like them as a couple, but it needs to be done! No child should ever grow up without a daddy, sitcom or not. I Didn't like Elliot planning her batchelorette party. I also didn't like how Carla told her about the party. Isn't it supposed to be a sort of surprise? I thought it was. This episode was really interesting though. I thought it played well into the series. It was fun to watch. Can you really drink wine when you are pregnant? Hmm... Anyways, I think that Keith is going to be a great husband, just not to Elliot!
  • Fine Scrubs episode.

I've got to be honest, although this episode was pretty awesome, it wasn't as funny as the last couple of episodes have been. Now i know that it's an end of season episode and therefore the whole idea is that it's dramatic and "conclusive", but i still think they could have thrown in a couple more hearty laughs. Having said that though, this is probably just in comparison to the last few episodes which have been particularily hilarious! This episode did set up for a great final episode though, and seen as I'm gonna watch the second episode straight after writing this, I'm pretty exited!
  • Confusing Crises Containing Consciences

This episode is hilarious, all the plots being magnificent and proving something about each character.

While J.D.'s conscience being a rabbit didn't really serve a purpose, I did laugh at both the "nah, I'm cool with watching nudie flicks while my pregnant ex is in the other room" and his conscience going to the toilet while J.D. had a tough decision. The rest of his plot is also great, the cliffhanger from the previous episode becoming a recurring joke at the start of the episode where he kept escaping. And how at the end of the episode he decided to try to forgive Kim and see it from her point of view.

Turk photoshopping Issy as a basketballer is hilarious and the plot about the surgery was terrific, Dr. Cox having two terrific moments in this episode, his rant about insanity and turning on J.D. to side with Turk. Turk's rant about how Issy changed his garbage eating ways is certainly one of the funniest moments in the episode.

Elliot's bachelorette party has a lot of great control freak moments, and when she makes Carla madder by insulting her look while pregnant. Carla has some great moments as does Elliot, like ducking to avoid Ronnie, who has even crazier stories than Elliot.

The Janitor wasn't hilarious in this episode and merely pointed out the change in opinion, but there were a few laughs stemming from it.

Overall, this episode is fantastic and has development in Elliot being able to control her control freakness (is that a legible statement?) but not her neurotic side, Turk having a professional conscience after having Issy, showing he has changed since My Way or the Highway, and J.D. deciding to attempt forgiving Kim even if there's only a minute chance.
  • My Rabbit was another great episode of Scrubs

My Rabbit was a great episode of Scrubs. Very many storylines to cover for this one, so I am going to do it in an organized form.

The Rabbit
    Not that funny in my opinion. It told us what the title was all about, but other than that, it didnt serve much purpose. It did have some very funny moments in it though, so I cant knock the rabbit now.

The Patient
    Loved this one. It proved to JD that being a father will effect him more than anything has ever effected him in his life. It probably made him much more mature, and aware of why Turk made the decision

Kim
    I like that JD got together with Kim again. People on the boards know the reason for that, but thats another story. Even though it might be blown away by what happens in the next episode, I liked JD and Kim back together and planning on raising the child together.

I think I should review my point of no return so...

Overall, good episode leading to My Point of No Return.