Scrubs

My Sacrificial Clam

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM Apr 30, 2002 on NBC

• JD fears he's infected with Hepatitis.

A great episode, and a big step up than the previous episodes they have showed. Good ol' Scrubs is back. A common thing that happens to doctors happens to JD when Laverne accidentally drops a hepatitis infected needle of blood in JD's arm. H ethen starts to worry about his future as a doctor once he realzies he's afraid of sick people. Definitely a great serious plot that I'm sure all doctors go through at one point in their career. Putting their life on the line is on their job description. Meanwhile Elliot continues her relationship with Sean, only to find out it's never going to work. I liked the part when Elliot had to take off her shirt for scrubs, and Dr. Kelso walks in. Hilarious. Sean & Elliot break up in the end, unfortunately for them. Seeing the roses on the floor, so sad. Turk decides he wants to lose weight after Carla makes a joke about him, and refers Dr. Cox being more fit than he is. So Turk starts working out with Cox, much to Cox's advantage, when Turk can't spend any time with Carla because their working out. We learn that Cox has no life: He works out at the hospital every night. Kind of sad, depending on how you look at it. Turk ends up leaving him alone again. Everything is fixed with him & Carla by the end. And JD faces his fears when his Hepatitis test comes back negative, and Cox gives him a speech. Great episode.
  • J.D. fears being contaminated with Hepatitis B, after a needle accidentally sticks his forearm. Meanwhile, Elliot has a hard time combining her new relationship and keeping up with studies. Turk obsesses about getting in shape.

Don't get me wrong, it was GREAT. I really enjoyed it. But to me, the needle scene was the worst part of the episode. I also knew that JD couldn't have Hepatitis in the end.The Turk/Carla subplot was okay, but not my fave. Turk isn't 'fat'. I do not like it when TV shows make people who aren't fat look like they were. The three doctor patient's JD had were really funny. I loved how they messed with the poor guy. The Janitor was hilarious and so was Cox. His speeches kept getting better and better back in the earlier Seasons. I also enjoyed the scenes with the Todd, Dr Kelso and Ted. I didn't like the Sean and Elliot scenes too much. But all in all this was a great classic scrubs episode!
  • Fine example

A super hilarious episode!! I think this episode is a really awesome Scrubs episode. All of the Scrubs episodes are funny, of course. This was a series classic! Really. It was funny how the needle fell into J.D.'s arm, and even more funny about how he thought he was going to get Hepititis B!! It was also a little funny to see Elliot in a relationship with someone else (besides J.D., I mean), I guess. A little, maybe. It was also HILARIOUS how Carla made that fat joke about Turk!! Well, not really. LOL. It was just all really funny.
  • A needle falls into J.D.'s arm filled with blood of a Hepititis B patient, and Carla makes a fat joke about Turk.

• JD gets struck with a needle filled with infected blood.

This episode had some very good moments, even from secondary characters such as Ted ("For God's sakes sir, just fire me!")

All the plots were enjoyable, though Elliot's lacked comedy at times. Turk's was probably the most entertaining with he and Dr Cox working out and Dr Cox's philosophy: "Do you understand that the second you look in the mirror and you're happy with what you see, baby you just lost the battle" and Turk's great comeback "You should give speeches to teenage girls!" The end of this plot was great with Cox saying that just because he's at the gym every night, it doesn't mean he doesn't have a life and Todd destroying that explanation by saying "we even went out for a beer once".

JD and Turk's plots were both hilarious and Elliot's was enjoyable.