Scrubs

My Scrubs

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM Mar 15, 2007 on NBC

Even if this wasn't such a ground breaking episode that Scrubs is famous for, it was still a really amazing episode, and probably one of my favorites of Season 6. Season 6 has been going strong sure it's had it's pitfalls, but this episode and the previous episodes proved Scrubs can just get back up from a pitfall and bounce back fast. Some people call this episode a filler, and you know what it probably was but fillers are sometimes good for shows so they're not so over the top, and just watching any ol' episode of Scrubs sets us in our comfort zones, which is probably what this episode did for us. I read a review, and I think this person said it perfectly. This Scrubs episode mixed the old comedy with the new comedy, and we even have a returning character, from the past.

Sam, who scammed Elliot in to getting drugs in the third season is back and claims he's clean as her is a drug counselor now. Elliot believes he's clean, but Cox does not. The past comes back to haunt Carla when the janitor blackmails Carla, since the janitor got her a fake Rowdy when she lost the real one. Kelso is treating a patient with no insurance, unknowingly. Someone from the hospital keeps stealing the scrubs. Which connects with the patient with no insurance since Kelso overreacts to the scrubs being stolen. JD & Turk get two Rowdy's, well one Rowdy, and one Steven. This episode had all the entities of the first couple seasons but with a new spin on things. Satisfying season 6, one of the best of season 6.
  • it was ok i guess

7.4
    this episode wasnt the best they have ever done and it was a bit boring.it wasnt even that funny and i dont no how they got this 1 on the air. it was very disapointing and i thought it could have been so much better, i don't no what the writers were thinking! it thought the sam story was ok but the rest wasn't scrubs high standards. i have to say though, the J.D fantisy when they all get their scrubs back and they all jump was quite good pplanned but they rest was poop! absolute poop! very, very boring!
  • Scrubs is back!

Its starts off by showing that Dr. Kelso isnt without heart, and how the "gang" does take after Dr. Cox. It is an episode full of humor, with a nice sideplot about scrubstealing. The drug addict is back and of course he has Elliot wrapped around his little finger. A comical sideline with Dr. Cox and elliot gives the episode just the extra flavor it needs and makes it an episode to remember. Watch the workers of sacred heart finally winning one of Bob Kelso. A recommended episode to watch and finally gives the fans some hope that they will turn it back around.
  • i want a pair of scrubs!!

hehe this one was nice. i liked it. Totally made me want to get my hands on those varied colored scrubs. lol I also like how Janitor found the original dog, Routy or Routie. I was not even expecting that at all. Wait a second.. that one guy. The one who always tricks the doctors. The drug addict. I can't stand him. He has got to go and stop showing up im random episodes. I don't care if in this one he was "better" and "clean" I just do not care too much for his character. Hey where is mr Keith?? He needs to be in more episodes.
  • The crew has been stealing scrubs from the hospital, what will happen when Dr. Kelso finds out?

• A mix of old comedy with new comedy.

This episode was one of the best so far. Really, I coulden't believe it. Theres a mix of old comedy from Seasons 1-3, which was the best, in my opinion. Theres was also some 4-6 comedy, which was not as good, but a great mix.

The caveman flashback was really funny. It was one of the best of the season. Thats some of the old humor I was talking about. Other than that there was nothing really special about the episode. I liked the patient. Other than that, nothing to really talk about.

See you next time for "My No Good Reason"
  • a very nice filler episode

7.8
  • Great Episode

This episode was done really well, it showed a really different side of Kels, (Actually I didn't know he had any friends beside his dog) Kelso was really good in this episode and the thing were everyone steals scrubs is a classic. I love were J.D's shower cloth thingy is just made out of scrubs that is really funny. It is a better episode then it's previous episode My fishbowl whitch in my opinion was really cr**. the show is turning around and get better, it was great to see them win something over Kelso whitch was great they beat him at his own game.
  • a beautifull episode

• Sacred Heart's lack of trust can lead to very absurd situations.

All the plots of this episode clicked extremely well, especially the Janitor blackmailing Carla with Rowdy and the whole episode is utterly hilarious.

The hospital staff stealing Scrubs (and what they were using them for) is a brilliant idea and ties in well with the trust issue of insurance fraud and firing people over the smallest offense.

Sam's plan this time was very well plotted as both Cox and the viewers are unsure of whether to trust him until it turns out that the missing drugs weren't in his possession and in true Scrubs fashion, the twist reveals that he was taking his group's narcotics.

The theme of trust in the issue was quite good and the comparisons to Grey's Anatomy's voiceovers were hilarious since I neither watch the show nor plan to anytime soon.

The history of medicine fantasy is a hilarious and classic moment in the Scrubs series, along with great plots and a way for Turk and JD to both have a dead dog of their own.

Overall, season six just keeps getting better and while it isn't the best season ever, it's certainly entertaining.
  • Getting better..

Well, im glad to see that they have decided to start paying the actors again, they, at least, are back in form. The writing, however, although getting better, is still substandard as far as I'm concerned.. They have used Sam the drug addict a million times and in season 1 they even had Alex (one of JDs girlfriends) steal the SAME medication! Come on people, have some imagination.

It seems to me that the Scrubs team are running out of ideas a bit at the moment.. They are calling on old storylines and cashing in on all the success they have had. I'm aware this is a new writer, but he must have watched a LOT of scrubs before he wrote this episode!

I gave this episode 8.5 because it was MUCH better than the last few. Like I said, i wasnt a fan of the Sam storyline (reformed drug addict who isnt actually reformed, it's so new and fresh, i cant believe no one has done it before!) but the Rowdy/Stephen storyline was pretty clever. I dunno, i was in a bad mood when i watched this so maybe i was being a little harsh on it but it could have been a lot worse..
  • Great episode!

This episode was a fine example for what i like about Scrubs. It was definitely one of the best episodes of this season.

When JD hugs Cox out of nowhere , Ted gets mocked by Kelso for his suit , Barbie tries to bluff Cox , when they tune back in time or in the end where JD is reaching for the balls of the dead dog -> an episode full of hilarious moments!

Also liked the appearance of the speed metal delivery guy ;)

And finally we know why the janitor is how he is: he is one quarter inuit :D
  • This will certainly be a classic within Season 6.

• Scrubs returns to its comedial roots after a few episodes that were far from their best - but have they come back or what?!!?!?! Quite possibly the best episode this season.

Although Sam has made yet another appearance, this episode shows an accurate depiction of what a drug addict would do - anything to get a hit. Even if it does mean he cons his employer into believing he was a recovering drug addict. However, the purpose of this episode is to show how even one small change in routine can take someones trust away...in their boss, humanity, and their ability to do their job. But not only that, this episode shows that Dr Kelso does indeed know exactly what goes on in his hospital UNTIL his staff loses their trust in the CoM and can't treat a friend of his. An episode by first time Scrubs writer, it was well written, well directed and a great view! A definite recommendation from Crissy!
  • People, please, try to read between the lines on this one!

I was really hoping I wouldn't have to be the one to write this all out, but, apparently no one else is paying attention.

Please go back and watch the episode "My Scrubs" over again. And any time the cast talk about "stealing scrubs", think "stealing Scrubs, the TV show".

Watch the whole thing again, and then think about these lines:

Kelso: "Now, why in the HELL are we paying this much money for Scrubs?"
    Ted: "Maybe people are stealing them?"
    Kelso: "Now why would people be stealing Scrubs?"
    Doug: "Excuse me guys, stealing Scrubs here!"

Kelso: "Whoever has been stealing Scrubs is going to raise their hand, pay the hospital back, and be immediately fired. Let's see 'em."

Kelso: "Okay. You people leave me no choice. There. Now you all have to wear Scrubs so hideous that no one would want them. You brought this on yourselves, you thieving bastards."

Elliot: "I actually don't mind the new Scrubs! Makes my outfit pop!"

Kelso: "Well why didn't we do what we always do? Why didn't you fix it while I turned my back and pretended not to notice? You know the dance!"
    JD: "We used to. But if you're going to threaten us over taking a pair of Scrubs, why wouldn't we think you'd fire us for treating an uninsured patient?"
    Turk: "You took away Scrubs, and you took away the trust. And without trust, everything falls apart."

JD : "And just like that, we got our old Scrubs back."
    {Cut scene to a typically over-the-top scene Scrubs is famous for}

JD: "As for Doctor Kelso, he knew that trusting us again was probably foolish"
    {Cut scene of the Todd stealing Scrubs}
    JD: "Still... It was worth it."

So, to sum up:

Everyone involved with Scrubs is kind of miffed that people are downloading episodes rather than buying the DVDs. The quality of the recent shows reflects this, and it serves people right.

In the end though, even though they want to trust the viewers, they realize the show will probably continue to be "stolen", but it's worth it to them.
  • Why is the storyline with Sam always the same?

I thought this episode felt a little, done before, if you know what I mean. I'm not saying this wasn't a good episode. I liked the bit about Rowdy and Steven, but I think they could've done something more with it. All they did was repeat jokes they had done with Rowdy from the first season. And it's not that I don't like Alexander Chaplin. God no! I loved him in Spin City, and I love Spin City, that's what brought me to Scrubs. But haven't they already used the "Dr.Cox is trying to prove a point by saying drug addicts don't change" thing? Although the ending to this is different, he let's the drug addict get away with it, which is weird for being a doctor. Part of Dr.Kelso's story was good, but being the pesimistic person that I am, I'll start with the bad. The unisured paicent part seemed done before. Maybe it hasn't, but it sure seemed that way, but it was the first time Dr.Kelso actually saw the effect of his choices. I really liked the colored scrubs part! I thought that was pretty creative. I wonder, do doctors actually steal scrubs? If you haven't seen this episode yet, I suggest you see it, but you won't find many new things.
  • In this episode Sam the drug addict comes back.

I liked this episode. If just seems like all of the episodes seem shorter. I really did like it though. I liked the color of the hideous scrubs. I thought that they were nice. I wonder where the janitor found Rowdy again. Haha that was sort of a random part of the episode. How come the baby hasn't been in any of the episodes? I am scared for next week's episode though. I don't want anything to happen to Laverne. I love her. I just don't think that the show will be the same. I loved this episode though. =]
  • Thank you Scrubs for getting back on track...

I have to tell you the last episodes hasnt been that great=/ And I LOVE Scrubs! So I dont know how long Id lasted if it hadnt approved like this. Scrubs is like my drug, Im addicted. And I dont know how long your going to keep interest in what im writing cause when I started this I didnt know it was suppose to be 100 words!! Oh I got plenty of words now. Hm one two three... Oh Im really stupid. I just saw... Ahw you know. Anyway to wrap this up, in the spirit of Greys Anatomy... GREAT!
  • Classic episode, funny and funny without as much drama as there has been. Back to the roots of comedy with a purpose

This episode might be one of the best this season...in fact it is. Turk and JD get Kelso's friend treatment but they must work around her insurance. Janitor reveals to Carla that he had faound Rowdy about 2 years ago and had been holding it for such a moment to blackmail Carla. This episode contained great jokes and segues and pretty good character development. If you've been watching, then you know that this episode was really good. One of the best things about this episode is that it was more funny than dramatic as it has been mostly in the past. And also with Scrubs, even with the dramtatic things, Scrubs knows how to use comedy to get a point across.
  • Scrubs as we know it is back....

Finally, after the clips show and the flawed episode last week, this was Scrubs back on form. I loved the whole Rowdy/ Steven thing, and the Janitor we know and love.

It was also interesting to see a sweeter side of Dr Kelso, which we have seen now and then over the series, but not in such force. I kind of didn't realise he had friends.

Dr Cox, brilliant as always, loved the whole scrubs thing, and it was basically a great episode. So glad that we have the Scrubs we know and love back with us - let's hope it stays that way.

xx
  • After one lazy episode and one deep but flawed episode, Scrubs comes back to what made it so great: developing the characters' relationships.

After last week's great but somewhat lacking episode, I wasn't sure what to expect for this episode. This season has been somewhat of a roller-coaster ride, and given its inconsistency, I was afraid that the show was showing signs of weakness. However, this episode was a great reminder of how solid and deep the show can be. By focusing on the characters and their relationships with each other, this episode ranks as one of the sixth season's best. Elliot, to me, seems to be grossly underutilized this season, but this episode explains why her character is the way she is this season. Of all the characters, she is the only one who hasn't developed the cynicism everyone else has to different degrees. With Dr. Cox protecting that about her, he shows how important it is to have any degree of idealism in a harsh reality. With Carla strengthening her bond with Turk by reinforcing his and J.D.'s, the complexity of relationships is revealed. Even Dr. Kelso grows to be a little more sympathetic even though he still has the hardest exterior (even harder than Cox's). Through all this drama, there are plenty of hilarious moments (Kelso's encounter at the massage parlor, Cox's and Elliot's back-and-forth of outdoing each other's humor) that keep the boat afloat. Overall, a great episode that works on a multitude of levels.
  • Scrubs gets back to form with everybody sneaking around behind Kelso's back to treat a patient, Janitor trying to blackmail Carla, and of course round three of Sam the Addict vs. Cox's cynicism and Elliot's optimism.

One of the funniest episodes of Season Six. For the first time this season, I was laughing from start to finish.

The storylines held my interest, although the insurance story has been done several times before on this show. (JD's voiceover explaining the procedure for uninsured patients is pretty much what Cox got suspended for doing in Season 1). Nice continuity with the Rowdy bit. It also was nice to see Janitor get his comeuppance for once. He should have known better than to mess with Carla.

I'm not really a fan of meta-humor, but I liked it in this episode. It was far more subtle than Cox's "why everyone is funny" overexplanation last week.

A couple of nitpicks: it seemed like in the first half of the episode, the doctors *were* treating Kelso's friend--when did they stop? Also, Kelso doesn't usually tolerate this kind of behavior. However, it is within his character to make expections for his friends (especially if they're rich and may donate money to the hospital). So I'll let that one slide.

I was pleasantly surprised to discover that this episode was Clarence Livingston's debut. I hope to see more from him; it seems as if some of the veteran writers could use a refresher from this "newbie".
  • Just when I thought Scrubs had Jumped the Shark...

This episode was a marked improvement from the last few episodes we've seen in this season. After seening "My fishbowl" I sadly started to agree with those that believed that Scrubs jumped the shark with "My Musical." So I was delighted to find that I was actually laughing out loud watching a new episode of "Scrubs" again. This episode wasn't amazing but it seems like after a few horrible episodes in season 6, Scrubs was finally turning around. Nothing in this episode was really new but it was recycled in a way that made it not quite as stale as recent episodes.
  • A perfect example of the show tying in old episodes with the new.

This is a classic example of a good Scrubs episode. Two seperate Rowdy pranks, the reunion of Rowdy and Steven, a flashback within a flashback, Perry Cox wishing at first to crush Elliot, but then having a miraculous sensitive turnaround, an army of stuffed sqirrels, and most importanly, another instance of Carla's crotch-hold over the janitor. Everything about this episode made me smile. I laughed out loud when Ted, poor Flop-sweat himself ran into the transformer. This episode really delivers it all, even though the ideas were reused (drug addict, getting around a lack of insurance) the writers of Scrubs still kept it fresh. By the way I absolutely love the fact that they had the stones to make fun of Grey's. It makes me happy to no end that they mock a show that dominates Scrubs in ratings. Well-played, boys.
  • Excellent episode!! best of the season! Dr. Kelso's friend is admitted to the hospital but doesn't have insurance so the gang has to treat her without kelso knowing. Old drug addict is back and cox tries to convince elliot he isnt so reformed.

A great episode!!! classic scrubs, no awkwardness in the lines and whatnot. steven and rowdy are back finally!! they make some great shots at greys anatomy again. all around a great episode.
    all the while kelso suspects a clothing thief and everyone has to wear dirt brown scrubs

this is the hardest ive laughed all season and for once they have decent closing remarks by jd
  • What a great episode!

I was highly entertained by this episode of Scrubs! All the storylines were great, from the Rowdy plotline to Dr. Kelso's friend to Elliot's and Dr. Cox's fight over a drug addict's counseling and "believed" withdrawl of his addiction. The writers hit this one out of the park. This episode probably is my favorite of the season this far, and I wish I could say more about it but there is nothing more to criticize! A+! Hopefully the stride will stay for the rest of the season. Oh and the Grey's Anatomy knocks...priceless!