Scrubs

My Sex Buddy

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM Jan 02, 2003 on NBC

• Turk feels as though Elliot is too stressed, so he takes her patients away from her.

Definitely an Elliot-centric episode, I would have to say,. In continuation to JD and Elliot sleeping together, Elliot and JD decide to be sex buddies, no strings attached. I've seen this a lot on TV shows, and you know there is always going to be conflict when it comes to "no strings attached." It seems as though everything is going wrong in Elliot's life, especially when her patients keep on requesting another doctor, and switching her. She feels terrible about this so she keeps on falling in to the arms of JD. Later on, she finds out that Turk was the one who switched her patients. He had good intentions, since he noticed that she was too stressed, but of course, Elliot doesn't take it too well. Cox gives one of his famous speeches to Elliot, saying she has got to get her life together. Meanwhile Carla always wants her patients to like her, but when Kelso gives Carla a situation that she can't avoid, she has to face not being liked. Kelso continues to be a jerk, and then he ends up getting liked in the end. JD starts developing feelings for Elliot, but she ends up breaking it off in the end, after what Cox told her. You can tell JD still has feelings for her in the end, which leaves things in the air somehow. Plots were good, it was just fun to see Elliot & JD together again. Good episode.
  • JD and Elliot are sex buddies!!

Not wanting to repeat their last disastrous relationship, J.D. and Elliot agree to become sex buddies to limit their feelings for each other, although this doesn't entirely work out as they planned. Usually the Elliot breakups and getting back together always annoys me. But this was very well written and hilarious. I guess Elliot and JD were the main plot?

The subplots with Turk helping Elliot out with work and Carla was really funny. I liked the see the crazy patient Dr Corman back at Sacred Heart.

This is a classic good old Scrubs episode (how the show used to be back in the earlier Seasons)
  • A favourite of mine

My sex buddy is a great episode of Scrubs and one of Elliot's best. Elliot was having troubles with life in the episodes surrounding this episode and in this episode she has a semi relationship with JD again. Many people like to see JD and Elliot together and they are a good couple this episode was done well especially at the end when JD realises he wanted to be with Elliot for more than just sex but Elliot was coping with a lot in life and wanted to be alone at the end. The episode shows Turk also cares for Elliot unfortunately his help isn't what she wanted and when he tells Elliot's patients to get different doctors she takes it the wrong way. Overall it is a strong episode but fails to live up to My bed bantor and beyond.
  • Fine example.

Renewed sex with J.D. calms Elliot, who's facing personal and professional dilemmas: She's broke and patients are bailing out on her. Meanwhile, J.D. and Carla have a disagreement with Dr. Kelso regarding personal involvement with patients, and Turk takes the blame for one of Elliot's mistakes.

----

Sex buddy! every guys dream, unless their gay Don't know why her being poor started it at she felt she had to end it to get back on her feet? Ah well, unlucky J-dizzle.
  • Friends With Benefits

This episode has got to be my favorite of season 2. It is cleverly written, very revealing, and features one of the best musical moments in "Scrubs" history.

I would first like to commend this episode for once again refusing to stick to the norm where relationships are involved. While I was pumping my fists in the air when J.D. and Elliot hooked up in "My Monster," we all know that they aren't meant to work out long term.

This episode reveals exactly why "friends with benefits" or "sex buddies" or whatever you want to call it just won't work. While at first it seems like the perfect solution, sex invariably complicates rather than simplifies. Sex and emotions are a packaged deal, and no matter how much we try and fight this fact, there is no way around it.

The song, "Tell Her This" by Del Amitri, works perfectly at the end. Like all the best musical moments, the scene was written to fit the song.

Check this episode out; you won't regret it.
  • Great!

Elliot begins to feel alone so she begins to have sex with JD in order for her to and him to feel better, until in some point they become sex buddies. So JD begins to think that is really cool, but not until Turk tells him that she is going to search for sex when she has some emotions, so JD has to do it fast to find a way to break her up. Meanwhile, Carla and JD begin to get yelled by Dr. Kelso when they seem to care about what patients think about them, and Elliot keeps asking why do patients don't want her. Is one of the coolest episodes!
  • Not as good as Bed Banter and Beyond but still a hilarious JD-Elliot relationship.

This is a very entertaining episode with Turk's pshycic knowledge of who is "hitting that" as he puts it being just one part of this brilliantly written episode.

JD learning new sex techniques from Animal Planet is a hilarious gag and JD being the one that wants a relationship and Elliot wanting to break up is a good twist on the expected plot.

Turk helping Elliot by stealing her patients was a hilarious plot aswell and shows what Scrubs writers are capable of.

There are some great Cox lines in this episode and the "sex buddies" music and JD almost celebrating every time it's said are hilarious jokes.

The whole episode is excellent and well worth watching.