Scrubs

My Soul On Fire, Part 2

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM Apr 15, 2009 on NBC

• Good follow-up to Part 1, with less humor but more emotion and character development

It amazes me that this late in the game, Scrubs can still surprise us. The moment that caught me by surprise was how incredibly vulnerable the Janitor was. Hearing the words he was saying to Lady shortly before they finally tied the knot was great and makes you realize the Janitor can't necessarily help the way he is. He knows he's weird, but he deals with it and has found somebody who loves him for it.

The episode wasn't all just cute, warm moments. The return of JD and Turk's Brady Bunch tiki necklaces continued to bring the laughs and ended up being used in the final scene in a great way. Ted really stepped up and brought the laughs, especially when he puts ranch on his face instead of sunscreen and when he steps into the sun for two seconds and gets sunburned. Just classic Scrubs, and anybody who says the show hasn't brought back some of its old life clearly isn't watching the same show. It's definitely not the way it used to be, but it's certainly redeemed itself for the last couple of seasons.

One thing I didn't enjoy as much as Cox and Jordan's storyline. I'm positive I've seen them say they love each other before, and it seemed weird to have them keep going back to the same old "I hate you, but I really love you" attitude. It's nice to see growth in these characters though. You can't look at Cox, JD, Elliot and especially the Janitor and say that they haven't changed. They still have the qualities that made them who they are, but now they're just mature.

With only three episodes left, I'm excited to see how the season plays out. Even more excited, actually, to hear what the Janitor's real name is. After eight seasons of not knowing, they really teased us tonight at his wedding.. They better not pull that on the finale!