Scrubs

My Super Ego

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM Nov 06, 2001 on NBC

• JD feels threatened by a new intern.

A very touching episode. At first I didn't think this episode was going to be dramatic, just light & fun. The more I episodes I see, the more I hooked on this show. All the episodes this season so far have been outstanding. Characters are becoming more likable than they used to be, everything is falling in to place for this show. I already know I love this show, and the season isn't even half over. Pretty strong, Scrubs. JD feels threatened by a new intern, Nick. Everyone thinks he's perfect. But when things get not so perfect at the hospital, he completely breaks down which was the dramatic part of the episode. He quits his job, which made me sad, since he was so likable. And it made me think of how many wasted years he spent on med school. Elliot comes a liking to him, and decides not to feel overwhelmed anymore, but learns that it's okay to feel overwhelmed once in a while. Nick was her cautionary tale. Carla feels like Turk doesn't open up to her and turns to Dr. Cox. A huge step of character development on Cox's part. He really does care. After Carla tells him about her problems, he gets back at Turk. "No one messes with Carla". Such a great friendship I see developing there. I haven't liked the janitor so far, but he actually made me laugh in this episode. Really strong episode.
  • My Super Ego

Great episode..like nearly every episode of Scrubs. I really enjoyed the Nick character and JD's competion with him. He really is a hard to hate character..even though he is actually way to nice to everyone. For some reason i did not like Dr Cox as much as usual i this one. I don't know why though. But Dr Kelso was really great and i enjoyed the scenes with the Todd as well. I especially liked the fantasties in this one. But the sounds during the 'dog show'? fantasty were a little bit over the top and annoying. This was also a good episode for the Janitor and Turla were great in this one, since Carla wasn't too demanding etc.
  • Another great episode

In this episode, Dr. Dorian has become the "teacher's pet", and is noticed by Dr. Kelso for his fine work as an intern. However, before long, Dr. Nick Murdoch breaks onto the scene, and he completely steals the show. He has great bedside manner, great ability, and he has caught the eye of JD's crush, Elliot. It's easy to see why JD became jealous. However, not even JD could stay mad for long, because Nick's personality eventually won him over. However, the pressures of being a doctor prove too much for Nick when he has to tell a child's parents that he will not be getting better. Elliot and JD find Nick in a stairwell crying, and he admits that the pressure is overwhelming to him. He quits.

I love this episode, not only for the comedic moments in it, but for the realness it brings. Everyone thought that Nick was so together, that he was the best intern that ever walked the halls of Sacred Heart. The reality is, even the person who seems extremely confident on the outside can be a mess on the inside. Everyone has stress on the job, but what defines them as a good worker, or even a good person, is that they do not let it define and cripple them. JD's narration said that sometimes, to deal with the pressure, one may need to feel overwhelmed once in awhile to make it through (this shot shows Elliot in her trusty closet, crying her eyes out, then doing what she has to do). In the end, JD proved that he was the most accomplished intern.
  • Yet another amazing episode!

This episode was pretty cool because it shows out how do JD believe that he was the best doctor ever as he answers all of Kelso's answers every time he asks to the interns, but later discovers that there is someone he needs to fight with in order to be the best intern in there: Dr. Nick that apparently is perfect from everything, he tells good jokes, he seems to be perfect, most of the nurses seem to like her, and they are always with the excuse that he has a great butt and everything. JD does not knows what to do against him and later decides that Nick is actually like most of the doctors and that makes him to understand that Nick is not the perfect guy that he thought he was but the fact it is that Nick is like any others, and that makes Nick to turn sad when he discovers that his seven year old patient seem to die and nothing seems to cure him. Meanwhile, Turk gets nervous in a really bad surgery and tells Elliot for advice, but when Carla discovers that he did not tell her instead she makes her doubt so she goes out with Dr. Cox for advice who finally manages to find some solidarity in his heart and helps Carla with it. This episode was really good, and I like it really really much!
  • J.D. comes into his own as an intern at Sacred Heart and has to face continuing challenges.

J.D. talks about how he feels as an intern and about competition. The stress hospital life has on interns is shown through Nick who quits at the end of the episode. However, before he cracks, Nick is shown to be quite the capable doctor. He is the classic side hero, the one who looks as though he is going to surpass J.D. in skill. He and J.D. have several clashes, in J.D's eyes at least, throughout the episode. Nick seems to come out on top each time but the stress of a little boy slowly dying under his care get's to him in the end. The lesson learned is that everyone goes through trials in life that they have to conquer.
  • J.D. is jealous of the new guy, Nick, who everyone seems to like, and can't help but like him a bit himself; Turk doesn't tell Carla that he froze during surgery but she finds out anyway and is mad that Turk told Elliot but not her.

Another great episode of Scrubs, of course. This episode was funny, of course. I liked it and it was enjoyable to watch. The scene with Dr. Cox and Doug in the cafeteria is funny, and it is also episode when J.D. is thinking to himself, 'Don't laugh, don't laugh' after Nick says something about the man in the restaurant who was choking, and then he gives out this little chuckle and you can hear him thinking, 'Damn'. So, of course, it was another great installment of Scrubs and I liked it. Turk also showed his usual humor with the potassium crack. I liked this episode.
  • Great episode (like always)!

Now J.D. is Kelso's best student so logically someone has to come and steal the spotlight from him. That someone is Nick Murdoch who is so nice even though J.D. wants to kill him he can't help but like him. Showing a very funny fantisy scene where J.D. is chokcing Nick and Nick is literally telling him who to chock him better. He later finds Nick crying in a stairwell admitting that he can't watch people die and cannot go on with this job. Another great episode. Turk can't operate and Carla starts talking to Dr.Cox about it who eventually helps her and opens up. He also suggest a way for Turk to relax..a way that might get me band if I describe in my review so let me just say unique...you figure it out.
  • JD fights against Dr. Nick!!!!

• JD has another intern to battle with.

This episode had some terrific scenes such as the urine sample tossing and Cox threatening to kill the intern if he doesn't leave under his breath.
    However, a few scenes dipped in quality, such as Murdoch giving up and crying but most of the episode was great such as the daydream of JD and Murdoch being checked by Dr Cox as if they were at a dog show and Cox's way of reaching out to Carla.
    This episode's plot wasn't perfect but it did work well and Dr Kelso acting almost nice in one or two scenes was what brought my rating down a little.
    Overall, a solid episode.
  • A great episode.

An underrated episode with a sad ending, but a lot of comedic moments, though. I like how Sean Hayes acts at the end of this episode. He should have gotten an award for this part on the show. I'm so used to him on "Will & Grace" being Jack.

Doug is really funny in this episode, especially with the "urine" montage, when he gets the urine tossed to him while he's eating food. Everyone shines in this episode, especially J.D. I wish there were more episodes like this.

Anyways, a great episode with a sad ending. A terrifc episode all around.