Scrubs

My Tuscaloosa Heart

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM Mar 12, 2002 on NBC

• JD feels responsible for his patient's death.

This episode was enjoyable, definitely some development for some of the characters. The plot line I enjoyed the most was Dr. Cox's plot line. Cox juggles three girls: Carla, his ex-wife Jordan, and a new intern he's dating: Kristen. It was great to see Jordan reprise her role, again. Turns out Cox and his ex-wife still have sex. Which is a problem for Cox since he is now seeing Kristen. He blows her off to move furniture with Carla. It was funny to see it all blow up in Cox's face. I was beginning to like Kristen, but now she's gone. Now I'm sort of seeing some love again between Cox & his ex-wife. So I'm looking forward to more scenes with them together. Meanwhile JD's jerk patient dies and he feels as though it is his fault, he asks everyone if it is his fault, and the board has some questions. Turns out he didn't overdose him but he did treat him differently than he would a nice patient. As usual, I enjoyed the Cox/JD conversation. The weak plot of the bunch was definitely Elliot's plot. She thinks Kelso is a singer, once she hears some tapes of a man singing, that would sound like him. Once Turk & Elliot confront Kelso, he denies it. But in the end, the twist is he actually does play guitar. And "Bunny" from his songs are his wife. I was happy to see some character development (finally!) with Kelso. A great episode. I though Cox's plot was definitely the best.
  • One great episode.

This is Scrubs at it's finest. It had great jokes, also great reaccuring onse (i usually don't like reaccuring jokes!). I really enjoyed the Cox Kristen/Carla/Jordan story line. It was nice to get a glimpse of his softer side for once. I also liked the more 'serious' story line JD had in this episode. All in all, the episode had a perfect mix between funny and serious scenes. The Dr Kelso story line, i didn't enjoy as much as the others. Don't get me wrong, it was also nice to see that Kelso is actually a human being. But the story line just wasn't the best choice for Kelso. I liked the ending thought, since he wrote the song for his wife Enid, who he seems to hate now.
  • The softer sides emerge...

I love this episode because it gives the viewer a softer look at both Dr. Kelso and Dr. Cox. Although I enjoy the usual uncaring attitudes of both of these characters, it is nice to occasionally get a look at the softie that lies buried deep in each of them. Kelso's long-lost singing career reveals something about why he is so bitter and unkind, and Dr. Cox shows a little-seen vulnerability that makes him all the more lovable. These moments are made powerful by the way these characters are portrayed in the majority of other episodes, and they demonstrate how skilled the writers of this show are at developing all the dimensions of each character.
  • Fine example

A very funny episode!! It was so hilarious at the part when Dr. Kelso was like, "And then in 1977 I died on the crapper!" It was so funny!! This episode was really funny, which is no surprise, of course - it contained the usual Scrubs humor that I look for in an episode (and which I usually find) and this was a just pretty good episode, as all of the Scrubs episodes usually are. A very funny episode in my opinion. I am glad that Jordan is appearing a lot because I like her and she is funny. A funny episode, of course, which is unusual. A good episode!!
  • Elliot works with a patient who once went to college with Dr. Kelso.

• Dr Kelso a singer?

This episode is very well written with great recurring jokes like "Hey number one" and great revelations such as Bob Kelso being a singer, at least Elliot being convinced that he is. My faourite storyline would have to be Dr Cox's since while he has a crush on Carla, he is going out with Kristen and (unwillingly to some degree) sleeping with Jordan on her occasional "booty calls".

The cafeteria scene is hilarious, one of the funniest break up scenes I have seen on television, getting dumped in front of his ex-wife because of the things mentioned above.

Overall, the episode isn't my favourite from season 1 but it is definitely a good one.