Scrubs

My Two Dads

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM Oct 23, 2001 on NBC

• Ass pen.

A hilarious episode, all plots made me laugh. JD has a problem on which side to take: Kelso or Cox? Cox breaks the rules to save the patient, but Kelso follows the rules, and couldn't care less about the patients. I'm an official Cox fan after this episode. The janitor annoys me for some reason, he has nothing to do with JD yet he continues to pester him. Elliot starts flashing her breasts to save patients, a bit unrealistic, but it showed us that saving patients doesn't always have to go by the book. Which connected to the main plot. Carla tests Turk to see if he knows her before they consummate their relationship. Turk doesn't have time so he gets a pen from the lost & found box, only to find out there is no lost & found box. There's an ass box. The pen was inside someone before, hysterical situation. Since Turk was honest, he still got some. Loved the whole "Every 4.3 seconds, a woman hears something a guy says, and punishes him for it" gag. Also liked the Star Wars sequence. A great episode, great fun.
  • great

i think this episode was amazing especially with jd and golfing and the fight with star wars i was just not crazy bout that part bur the janitor was funny in the daydream and how j . d wanted dr cox to be his father also elliot was funny and also actually something important happened in this episode also j.d is funny with the song in golfing this episode was so so so so great that it became better whenever u saw and that is why i rated this episode a strait 10 because its funny and something happens !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • The episode explores the relationships J.D has with Dr.Cox and Dr. Kelso. Turk unwittingly proves himself worthy of Carla's love by his willingness to forfeit sex for honesty. Elliot stumbles upon the "magic" qualities of her "ladies" (J.D. terminology).

"My Two Dads" is one of the most creative and hilarious Scrubs episodes in Season one. It is remarkable how, within an approximate twenty minutes slot, so much original material has been compiled into just one episode. Neatly fitting into the rest of the Scrubs storyline, it's packed with several classic Scrubs moments. Dr. Cox's "land of fairies and puppy-dog tails" repartees, J.D.'s fantasy of playing catch with Dr. Cox, the hilarious golf game session, the Star Wars satire (the costumes alone are enough to crack one up. The janitor as Chewbacca earns the gold), Elliot's magical boobs, J.D's Family Feud fantasy, and the Steadman-as-Dr.Kelso's pet-dog fantasies, the bagging of patients with insurance fantasy all contribute to this episode being an outstanding instalment in Season 1. Apart from the comedy, the episode also explores the relationships between J.D, Dr. Cox and Dr. Kelso. It also marks a significant development in Carla's and Turk's relationship. The writers Neil Goldman and Garrett Donovan have come up with some brilliant lines in this episode. My personal favourites are Dr. Cox's "I don't know if they taught you this in the land of fairies and puppy-dog tails, where you obviously, if not grew up then at least spent most of your summers, but you're in the real world now. Nnnnn-kay?", Elliot's "Mmm! With rich, cliché centers?", and J.D's "My man Turk, is getting it daily and nightly and ever so rightly! Ah! What up, dogg!"
  • My Two Dads

I liked the Janitor and JD a lot in this one. I love the Turla relationship, don't get me wrong, but in the episode Carla gets slightly annoying. It had a fantastic 'patient' storyline and it really shows how Dr Cox cares about his patients. The Elliot storyline was funny, but not that special. I do not like Dr Steadman a lot, so he kinda bothered me. But since he didn't have too many scenes it was okay. They had a few funny moments on the golf course though (like JD hitting steadman's head with the ball). I also found the 'ass pen' pretty funny.
  • this episode shows us the real differences between Dr Cox and Kelso's ways of treating their patients

The main plot to this episode is about a patients main interests and how they shoudl be treated. Dr Cox believes in trying to do everything to get the patient health care even if it means using a dead man's insurance to get them an operation where as Dr Kelso runs the hospital by the book and focuses mainly on the financial side of things. This may be because of him being the chief of medicine and having to think of the finances of his hospital. The different methods these doctors use are what makes JD wonder what sort of doctor he wants to be.

The sub plot of Elliot and her "magic breasts" is funny and the star wars parody towards the end is well done. This episode is worth a watch if your looking for a laugh.
  • ONE OF THE BEST COMEDY EPISODES

the cast of scrubs is very creative they put in a lot of smart jokes in the episodes, i liked this season, specially this episode which i really enjoyed watching, it was hilarious, the scene when they were playing golf was brilliant and very well written and even contains good photography scenes it also was a really good conversation between Dr.Celso and Dr.Cox when JD was playing golf and the director made you hate Dr.Stedman so that when he was hit by JD it would more funny and revealing and i liked the idea of Turk searching for a gift for Karla inside the patients bodies, it's a superb episode no doubt.
  • Yet another amazing episode.

JD inadvertantly tattles to Kelso about a procedure being performed on a deceased patient. The said TIPS procedure was actually for a woman who couldn't afford it, the late patient was rich and his insurance was going to be fooled into helping pay for another patients care. Elliot menwhile learns the importance of caring for her patients in more than a strictly medical fashion. JD, then goes golfing with Kelso, Cox, and Steadman. While they are out golfing, JD begins to see why DRs Cox and Kelso clash so often. Kelso seems to only be conserned with money and Cox wants to help everyone who needs it. It is revealed throughout the series that although Kelso seems cold, he is the only character that never shows his feelings interfering with his medical judgement.
  • Turk and Carla have "the relationship talks". JD discovers the primary differences in the ways that Dr. Cox and Dr. Kelso view medicine.

• Turk gives Carla a pen that was once up someone's butt; Elliot discovers that her boobs supposedly have healing powers.

What can I say? I liked this episode. Of course. It was yet another original installment of Scrubs. I think the Star Wars parody at the end was really funny, especially with all the interns and Carla and Janitor standing off to the side dressed like all the characters; that was really funny, especially with Janitor as Chewbacca! Also, the Family Feud parody was funny too, especially since it said that 93 people had picked boobs and only 1 person had picked world peace. That was funny, as was the rest of the episode, especially when Elliot thought that her boobs had healing powers.
  • Kelso and Cox duke it out for J.D.'s soul. Turk goofs in giving Carla a gift. Eliot discovers alternative medicine.

J.D. gets to see what cantankerous Kelso and obnoxious Cox are really about. While it has been alluded to in previous episodes it is confirmed that Kelso's bottom line is the hospital/business and Cox's is the patient. I think it's kind of endaring that Cox cared enough to try to encourage J.D. to be a doctor with heart. Turk accidentally gifts Carla with a pen from what he thinks is lost and found and has to 'fess up. He finds the consequences surprising and probably enjoyable. Eliot follows J.D.'s advice about different kinds of treatment.
  • J.D. goes golfing!

J.D. goes golfing with Dr.Cox... and Dr.Kelso at the same time? Each of them theirs to make J.D. join their sides. Dr.Cox wants to help patients and actually help them get healthier even if they actually have no money to their name while at the same time all Dr.Kelso cares about is that the hospital makes money and has no lawsuites. If the patient has no money he does not want to admit them. Even if they are slowing dying. At the end J.D. sides with Dr.Cox (mentally). And after finding out Dr.Cox stole someones insurance to help a woman who is poor get surgery, Dr.Kelso suspends him? Will he get fired? To be continued.
  • JD finds himself in a battle for his soul!

This episode is really cool because is shows the great struggle from Dr. Kelso and Dr. Cox in order to get the acceptance, or in a better way of talking, the support of JD's opiniong, at first JD does not know what to do as he is totally confuse of what to do, but when he accidentally tells Dr. Kelso about the dead of a patient he has no other choice but to go out with Kelso, Cox, and Kelso's servant to a golf game he is invited to, when he hears diverse point of views from the two non stop talking babblers Kelso and Cox who makes JD to get even more confuse. When JD decides that he chooses Kelso, but later realizes that Kelso is the most infernal and non heart person ever in the planet, so he decides to go and with Cox, and that turns into a Star Wars padory for JD's soul, and in the end it turns a little weird. Meanwhile, Turk gives Carla a dead bottom pen, and when he tells her about it, Carla discovers that Turk is a really cute guy and that their relationship could even go on more higher levels and that makes them to have a little sex adventure. While, Elliot thinks that her boobs are magic boobs because they cure all of the patients that see it, but when she shows them to a dead man, she loses her gratefulness, and the Janitor just doesn't stops bothering JD for every stupid thing that he does. This episode is really cool, and I like it very much.
  • Brilliant episode

All three of these plots were hilarious, my favourite probably being Elliot's then Turk's then JD's but it is really hard to tell because all three crack me up every time.
    I also like JD's facts and how every time he thinks something the opposite happens. Elliot flashing the patients is something no other medical show would do and Scrubs manages to make it work so well, like the bar scene:
    Elliot: I have magic breasts.
    JD: How many has she had?
    Turk: Almost one.
    The excuses that people make for what ends up in the Ass box are great too (I fell on it, I fell on it, I was bored).
    This episode can not be missed by any Scrubs fan.
  • An awesome episode.

One of my favorite episodes! I think Elliot's storyline is so hilarious!

A sick child's at the hospital and wants to see any cute girl's boobs. So Elliot decides to flash him! His reaction is laugh-out-loud funny! Also, Dr. Cox and Dr. Kelso are competing against each other for a patient much to J.D.'s enjoyment. And Turk gets Carla a pen from a box of stuff that hasn't exactly been in a pleasant place. That's the best part of the episode. I also like the "Family Feud" parody in this episode, too.

Anyways, a series classic to a really great show.