Scrubs

My White Whale

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM Oct 23, 2003 on NBC

• Christopher Meloni

Christopher Meloni (Law and Order: SVU) guest stars as the very Perry-like character Dr. Norris. As Dr. Cox and Jordan search for a new pediatrician for their son, Jordan bit the old one, they find that Sacred Heart's own Dr. Norris perfect. Though he's a little eccentric and has a really disturbing fetish for dolls both Dr. Cox and Jordan seem happy with the choice. However, when Jack wakes up with a cold in the middle of night and Dr. Cox rushes him to Dr. Norris for fear it is something serious the two end of sparring and getting into a really disturbing fight. There's puppet dismemberment involved, it's very weird and classic scrubs. Not that a lot of puppets get dismembered on Scrubs or anything. Anyway, I really like this episode for two reasons. Again this is an episode where we get to see less of the angry always mean to everyone Dr. Cox and more of the father caring side of him. The second reason is because Christopher Meloni is fabulous in the role. Again Scrubs has a perfect knack for creating the perfect guest roles and placing the perfect actors in them. This is such a departure from Chris's normal role on SVU, too. I was really impressed and laughed so much! If you watch this episode for one reason let it be him. He's a hoot.