Scrubs

My White Whale

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM Oct 23, 2003 on NBC

• Elliot tries to stand up for herself against Kelso. Cox & Jordan search for a pediatrician, and Sean teaches JD how to communicate better with his interns.

A step up from the last episode with some funny scenes, and some scenes were just enjoyable to watch. Although some characters don't have plots, they still shine in an episode, and they're great as a side character that just adds that extra spark to the episode. For instance, Carla didn't have a plot but they managed to have a quirky little scene with her always trying to state people's problems. This episode did a good job of making the side characters shine in their own way. This episode was solely based on Turk, Elliot, and JD's interns. Kelso always picks on Elliot's intern, and she always feels the need to stand up for herself and her intern, but she never has the courage too. Meanwhile Sean helps JD out with communicating with his interns, and we got a nice confrontation since Sean can see that JD likes Elliot, and he isn't threatened. I like how Sean isn't a bad person, which makes him likable and doesn't make me pity JD for any reason since Sean is doing everything right in the relationship.

The janitor trying to clean a smudge on the wall was absolutely hilarious, another side character shining. Cox & Jordan try to find a pediatrician, they end up finding one that's exactly like Cox. And when Cox needs attention, he wont give it to him. Cox tries to help his son since he has a cough, but in the end, it turns out to be nothing since he didn't have the sniffles. All plots were pretty enjoyable. Good episode overall.