Scrubs

Our Drunk Friend

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM Dec 01, 2009 on NBC

• "Dude, we're nach-bros!"

What a difference one episode makes! I read on a website that they felt the first episode of the season was the jitters of coming back with a new cast, a new setting and a new way of doing the show.. but this second episode really impressed me. There were some classic J.D and Turk moments, "Wing Mom!", a Lifetime movie commercial that looks every bit as stupid as every movie that appears on the channel and a great Dr. Cox moment.. quite a few, in fact. The writing was right on, and we got two new high fives from an always classic Todd.

I think no matter what, the new Scrubs will always feel a bit strange. Any show that has an ending like Season 8 and than comes back it never happened will feel awkward. But for now, as I said in the review of the previous episode, I'll look at this as a new show. And man, this episode delivered in spades. Some people may not agree, and I can see why, but if an episode can actually make me laugh as hard as previous seasons, than it's good enough to watch.

J.D and Turk singing their Steak Night song with new lyrics about Denise being an island and bringing a water taxi so Drew could come over was excellent, and the tag at the end where Drew actually came and sang with them was just another classic Scrubs moment. Also, I really liked J.D being in the tree with his "honey" product.

Lucy still feels a little weird to me as a character, but with time, I'm sure she'll grow into it.. hopefully. I do like the idea of J.D taking on the Cox role as a mentor. He's clearly not the perfect mentor he probably imagined himself to be, but it allows for some funny moments. Oh and one last thing: Dr. Cox allowing the Austrailian girl to choose what her insult would be was classic Cox. I don't think they'll ever run out of snarky, sarcastic things for him to say.

So far, I'm intrigued. I really liked this episode and combined with the premiere, it's really not all that bad so far.