Scrubs

Our Histories

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM Dec 15, 2009 on NBC

• Meh, still more lame than good

After a 'pilot' that was terrible, episodes 2 & 3 weren't the worst things I have ever seen, but after watching this episode only negative opinions spring to mind. First up, JD still being around is just a lame attempt to get people hooked in before he leaves and you are left with the rest of the cast. And that's just sad because his story was finished last season. Then there's the 'guy love' aspect, funny when alluded to in the 'old' Scrubs, very funny when put into song, not so funny now there are med students and the 2 of them suddenly seem much older, both have children and yet any growing up they did prior to this season has just been forgotten. Denise is terrible as a responsible figure, she was entertaining as an intern with a fat guy fetish but she isn't convincing in charge. All the new med students are fairly annoying and seem to consist entirely of attractive blonde women (hello Elliot) and guys with gelled black hair (hello JD). And as for the security guards, they really do suck, not funny, they look stupid and just seem to be added in for perceived comic effect. As for Ted and the Gooch it was nice to see them but again you feel like shouting at the screen 'Get out, get out now while you still can!'
    I really think this show now consists of a hastily stuck together idea, that was thought up by (admittedly) talented writers because the network decided they wanted to go on and basically said 'Either come up with a new way to spin this show out for numerous unnecessary season or we will do it for you'. I have seen worse sitcoms, but that is not an endorsement, watch Season 2 Episode 1 of the 'proper' Scrubs and try and tell me this is in the same league.
    There should be one season only of this and then we can all forget it ever happened and get back to remembering Scrubs for the brilliant show it USED to be.
    I was going to be thankful to you for reading this, but not many people probably did, so screw it!
  • It's too bad to see Ted go

One by one, Scrubs is wittling away at characters that used to be what made the show great. Soon enough, we'll just have the new interns, and not even Turk and Cox are enough to justify that. I took a break from the new season of Scrubs and I'm starting to see why it was so easy to miss four episodes in a row: they're rehashes of better and earlier plots. Scrubs is doing what the Simpsons does: take plots that have been done before in previous seasons and edit them a bit to seem new. And it's too bad, because despite the funny moments of the episode, there just wasn't enough redeeming qualities.

Watching JD and Turk party was awesome, and some the moments with them reminded me of old episodes, when Scrubs used to be kind of funny. And Ted and Gooch's song about the states was hilarious, one of the better things I've seen so far this season.

That's about where my interest stopped. I couldn't stand any of the interns this time around and I just hope that Scrubs will be put out of its misery at the end of this season. It's really too bad, because I had faith in the show, but after a strong couple of episodes in the premiere, the quality has taken a turn for the worst
  • Turk and JD decide to have a weekend together when their wives are out of town. Cole sets up a big party and the med kids are excited and then can't go when they must take final reports on terminal patients.

A really enjoyable episode with the regular and new characters of Scrubs.

Two interesting storylines. One is the usual man love between Turk and JD while Cox spends his time tearing them down. The other is a huge lesson where the new med students learn the value of sticking together when they are asked to take final interviews with terminal patients. Turk and JD are their usual idiot selves. JD knocks out Turk and then stitches him up. Cox ends up with a wonderful screen saver of the two of them dressed as a cowboy and an Indian wearing chaps and a sheriffs badge which JD dreams about using as a holiday greeting card.

The kids are forced to take the interviews which of course all but Lucy's goes swimmingly. We have Drew, Cole, Maya all waiting but they have been told they can't leave without all of them being done. Cole bails but when Drew, Maya, and Lucy go back to see the patient played by Paul Dooley, they find him chatting with Cole who didn't end up leaving in the end. Maybe the students learn in the end to stick together to succeed. Maybe pigs could fly as well?

A really enjoyable episode with a number of very good performances. This new version of Scrubs could be a winner. Thanks for reading...