Scrubs

Our Role Models

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM Dec 08, 2009 on NBC

• Our role models

I loved the episode it was awesome
  • When Dr. Cox loses confidence in Drew his #1, JD must step in and mentor his mentor. Lucy decides that she needs a new mentor and sets her sights on Denise who reluctantly agrees. The two deal with a very ill women and her young son.

An episode much like many other Scrubs episodes in the past. A few entertaining storylines with a little bit of the usual fluff thrown in.

We are learning about a few of the new Med students especially Drew and Lucy. Drew is good, but as Dr. Cox finds out one can set their sights a little high and then easily be disappointed by the results. For once after some prodding from Turk, its JD to the rescue. On the other hand Lucy realizes that maybe JD would not be good for her as a mentor in the long run and as Dr. Cox seems to hate her she looks for another. She lands on Denise who after some prodding as well reluctantly agrees.

Cole stills is a waste of space and for some reason seems to spend all his time in Lucy's bed. The random threatening is very strange as well. Not a whole lot happens with the other new Med students other than some insults from Dr. Cox.

An enjoyable episode with some solid storylines. This could be a good year for the show as either its last or a whole new start. Thanks for reading...
  • Lucy seeks a role model for when JD leaves and Drew lets down Dr. Cox.

When I saw the finale of season 8 I thought to bring this show back would be a train wreck. A mean it ended all so well and left the show ending on a high. But I was convinced that I wouldn't knock it until I saw the ninth season for myself. And after three eps I can say that this show is actually quite funny!

This week JD tells Lucy that he is leaving soon and that before he leaves she needs to find someone to look up to at the hospital. She soon decides that that person is Denise but she doesn't want anything to do with Lucy. But the two bond on a case where Denise has become attached to the patient's son as his mother is dying. Meanwhile, Dr. Cox continues to take an interest in Drew and he seems to be going well in classes until a patient codes and he freaks out. This dents Drew in the eyes of Perry and he begins to phase him out. Drew doesn't want to let Dr. Cox down and asks for help from JD. JD is reluctant because he is jealous of the attention that Drew is getting from Perry.

Its tough to say how this show will go without JD in a few eps time but the foundation seems pretty good at the moment. Turk and Perry are as solid as ever as is Denise and one of the new character's Drew. Lucy and Cole probably still have to find their feet but it's not like they are a chore to watch. JD is still the key to this show though and the transition without him will have to be very good for this show to go into a tenth season.
  • I wish I could just phase out Lucy and Cole, the two most annoying characters on the show.

I'd like to make a suggestion with for the Top Ten Most Annoying Characters.. take out any of those people and replace them with Lucy or Cole from this new Scrubs season. How disappointing is it to watch Scrubs when they're bogging up the show with their pointless storylines. Then again, one may say J.D or Turk's storylines are pointless, but at least they have a history to back it up.

This episode was entirely hit or miss, and it all rested on the original cast's backs to pick up the slack. There is one character that I really enjoy, mostly because he somewhat avoids all of these annoyances everybody else falls into, and that's #1 (his name is Drew if I'm not mistaken).. I also don't mind Denise to some extent, but everything else is just stale.

However, Dr. Cox was on his A-game in bringing the cruelty, while J.D was at his best in terms of being clingy, feminine and hilarious. The John "Damn" Dorian thing was hilarious, while Dr. Cox addressing one of the doctor's as an ugly Don Cheadle was hilarious and took me completely off-guard. And candy hands? Hilarious. I was half-expecting them to go into an intense, insane dream sequenece, but the idea of candy hands was weird enough that we didn't even need visual images, especially not one for a "candy Perry"

So far, you'll either love the new Scrubs or you'll hate it. I feel like I don't hate it, but I don't completely love it either.. I'll always love Scrubs, but when I say that, I don't mean I love the new characters. Bring back the old dynamic and the show will do MUCH better.