Scrubs

Our Role Models

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM Dec 08, 2009 on NBC

• Lucy seeks a role model for when JD leaves and Drew lets down Dr. Cox.

When I saw the finale of season 8 I thought to bring this show back would be a train wreck. A mean it ended all so well and left the show ending on a high. But I was convinced that I wouldn't knock it until I saw the ninth season for myself. And after three eps I can say that this show is actually quite funny!

This week JD tells Lucy that he is leaving soon and that before he leaves she needs to find someone to look up to at the hospital. She soon decides that that person is Denise but she doesn't want anything to do with Lucy. But the two bond on a case where Denise has become attached to the patient's son as his mother is dying. Meanwhile, Dr. Cox continues to take an interest in Drew and he seems to be going well in classes until a patient codes and he freaks out. This dents Drew in the eyes of Perry and he begins to phase him out. Drew doesn't want to let Dr. Cox down and asks for help from JD. JD is reluctant because he is jealous of the attention that Drew is getting from Perry.

Its tough to say how this show will go without JD in a few eps time but the foundation seems pretty good at the moment. Turk and Perry are as solid as ever as is Denise and one of the new character's Drew. Lucy and Cole probably still have to find their feet but it's not like they are a chore to watch. JD is still the key to this show though and the transition without him will have to be very good for this show to go into a tenth season.