A Sean Saves the World Community
NBC (ended 2014)

The prophecy is true! On the same day that some extremely handsome, all-knowing being predicted that Sean Saves the World would be canceled, Sean Saves the World was canceled. According to multiple reports, NBC has stopped production the sitcom, effective immediately. 

NBC originally ordered 13 episodes of the Sean Hayes comedy, then boosted the order by five for a total of 18. Twelve of those episodes have already aired, and two more of them have been filmed; according to The Hollywood Reporter, NBC will hold those two episodes and burn them off at a later date, probably well after the country's eyes are off the network's coverage of the 2014 Winter Olympics. That means Sean Saves the World will also be leaving the schedule immediately. 

Okay, so predicting Sean Saves the World would be canceled was about as easy as predicting that Sean Saves the World would be terrible. But it's a move that came sooner than I expected; because NBC has such a strong working relationship with Hayes (who produces Hollywood Game Night and was also a producer on Smash), I figured the network would at least let the series finish out its run, which wasn't even a complete season to begin with. But Hayes himself is probably even more surprised as I am, given that he once said his show was the funniest sitcom on television.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 7/17/2014

Season 1 : Episode 15

75 Comments
Comments (75)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
You people and NBC are crazy;that show was funny. Boooo.
Flag
One less gay show. Should not have gone after Duck Dynasty.
Flag
One less NBC Comedy? Good. Gives more hope for Six Seasons and a Movie! Go Community!
Flag
"On the same day that some extremely handsome, all-knowing being predicted that Sean Saves the World would be canceled, Sean Saves the World was canceled."

Hahaha! Enjoy this victory, Tim, you deserve it. XD
Flag
This is one of my least favorite part of them "aborting" shows this way. It's like for a short while they pretend it's still alive, trodding out it's corpse for those last few episodes and being exuberant about it even though it has been long since cancelled forever. I dunno, seems sad to me. Who wants to watch that?
Flag
Good riddance, but you better be wrong about Revolution!

I also hope Super Fun Night will be safe for another season.
Flag
Not surprised. That show and the Michael J Fox show was in my dead pool. Michal J Fox is still going.
Flag
Two shows in my Dead Pool have died. Somehow DADS is still on
Flag
Even though the show wasn't that good and the ratings were bad, NBC really doesn't have much else and Sean Hayes has a little bit of pull at NBC. They could've at least let the remaining 6 episodes air. I do hope that Thomas Lennon gets cast on a better show next season. He was the lone bright spot on that show.
Flag
Too late for my oh-so-wrong deadpool, sigh...
And well, hardly a surprise seeing the ratings... The MJFox Show next?
Flag
Well, I liked it in the beginning, now I'm getting sick of it, so...in a way, it's too bad, in a way....good riddance.
Flag
I'm not surprised... it usually takes more than an attached name for me to like a show. I like Hayes and I like Michael J Fox as well as their shows in the past.

But their new shows just didn't do it for me. The same goes for Sarah Michelle Gellar and Robin Williams. I love SMG but her new show hasn't really hooked me.

On the other hand, Bradley Whitford and Malin Akerman drew me into their show because I love both of them. But personally I feel their show is stronger (at least more than Hayes' / Fox's show) so I've continued watching.
Flag
I don't actually care one way or the other, but if this opens room for a hopefully-funnier sitcom next season... Sure! GTFO, Sean Hayes!
Flag
Or if it makes it that much more likely for Community to get renewed. :D
Flag
Eeep! You're right, I didn't even think about that!

SEAN SAVES THE WORLD CAN KISS MY ASS.
Flag
Way too much hatred in here...granted, the show had some bad writing here and there and relied on too many cliches but it was a better comedy than most on tv now (and still, i mean himym got 9 seasons? 9 seconds was too much)...oh well, win some loose some...but Sean Hayes needs to be on tv!
Flag
that was on my dead pool. shoulda been canned right away
Flag
Whaat why? such a shock hahahaha
Flag
I want to say "about time". But I would like to see Karen Walker (Megan Mullally) first!
Flag
Good shit. I try not to be a hater but I fail epically when it comes to Sean Hayes. His stereotypical gay characters are infuriating and it makes it so much worse that he genuinely thinks they are hilarious. It should be against the law for some people to be in front of the camera. Sean Hayes is one of them and Alec Baldwin is another.
Flag
Sean saves the World, that must be a joke, he can't even save his own show.
Flag
i didn't think it was that bad. that michael j. fox's is way worse and also dads...
Flag
Congratulations for your prediction Tim.
Flag
thank you.
Flag
Damn, I think it was not sooo bad.
Way better then "Dads" or "Mom" or "the Millers" at least. And that crap is still on.
Flag
I am loving "Mom"
Flag
Be careful with your announcements Mr Surette, Tim Kring might try and sign you up for Series 5 of Heroes
Flag
Well I wouldn't say the guy is a prophet anyone could see this show was going to be cancelled! =P
Flag
It's NBC. You can't use logic to predict NBC.
Flag
bugger
Flag
it was about time!
Flag
Can I win dead pool now?
Flag
Amazing they canceled this before Michael J Fox. I seriously hope it's not because of sympathy due to MJF's Parkinson's. Maybe due to some contractual agreement?
Flag
While MJF isn't a stellar show, it's so much better than this ever even tried to be. this show was just abysmally horrible.
Flag
Maybe. I saw only one episode of Sean. I got to the Christmas episode of Fox's show, but I just didn't care to watch it anymore. Fox's ratings were a little bit lower than Sean's as well, which is why I find it odd NBC is still sticking with it thus far. Surprised it was not a double cancellation announcement.
Flag
SSTW basically relies on either him being gay or his mother issues as a crutch for comedy. the only gems on this show are his daughter Samantha Isler (A surprisingly good child actor) or his boss, Thomas Lennon.
Flag
Good. Sean Hayes got too much credit for being funny on Will and Grace, despite being nothing but a horrid gay stereotype. Let the world see that he really isn't funny with this failure at a solo project.
Flag
You serious? I coudn't disagree more!
Flag
On which part? Him being unfunny? Or his role on Will and Grace being nothing but a massively over the top gay stereotype?
Flag
Sean Hayes being unfunny. And I wouldn't say massively, but of course there was that, part of the role...
Flag
Of course the writers are to blame too. But, it just baffles me that him as a gay man would lower himself to doing that and not take issue with the portrayal.
Flag
YOU CAN SEE THE FUTURE MR SURETTE!!! TELL ME YOUR SECRETS FUTURE MAN!! TELL ME!!!!
Flag
Hats off to you Mr Surette, I look forward to more of your prophecies instantly coming true.
Flag
i actually enjoyed this show.
Flag
Sad really because it could have been so much better with some serious tweeking, but not surprised at its demise.
Flag
Oh god, I read 'some serious twerking'! This society is killing my brain! :(
Flag
HaHaHa... blame it on Miley and all the rest...
Flag
Bout. Damn. Time.
Flag
nbc should have kept guys with kids
Flag
I agree ... why did they cancel it, were the ratings that bad? Ditto Go On?
Flag
Meh. I'm just waiting for one part of #SixSeasonsandaMovie to be announced.
Flag
Hayes also produces "Grimm", but who's counting?
Flag
I did not know that!
Flag
NBC should have kept Go On. It was way better than SSTW and MJF
Flag
This times a million.
Flag
I agree, Go On was such a fun show. I was disappointed as hell to find out it wasn't coming back.
Flag
Unfortunately lots of good shows have bee cancelled in the last few years for low ratings only to be replaced by worse shows with even lower ratings. Every year there are less and less shows that make it past two seasons. The networks now they've made mistakes but the actors have already moved on so they can't resurrect the show. NBC and CW are especially bad for this and ABC has gone for having a couple new hit shows a year to none.
Flag
I still think about Go On. I so wish someone would bring it back. I think it's cast was right up there with Community and Parks & Rec in terms of being a great ensemble.
Flag
I am in 200% agreement with this statement.
Flag
I'll see your 200% and raise you 400%. Go On was hilarious. I miss it. Thanks NBC <_<
Flag
Call your 400%, and go all in on Go On.

I still can't believe such a great show, with an amazing cast of characters, didn't get the love it deserved.
Flag
MJF is enjoyable, but Go On was much more than that. SSTW is an insult to all of NBC's comedies last year. All.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    The Bachelorette
    NEW
    ABC
  • 10:00 pm
    Mistresses Blurred Lines
    NEW
    ABC