seaQuest DSV Forums

NBC (ended 1996)

Season 3 DVD

ReclusiveWriter

[1]May 16, 2008
    • level: 13

Has there been any indication whether or not Season 3 of seaQuest will be released?

I know that a lot of people didn't care for season 3, but I loved it! New captain (I know he can't replace Bridger, but he was pretty damn good), new world, new enemies, new recurring villains, and a LOT of action! I want it on DVD. I've only got about 8 of the 13 eps on VHS or on my system. DVD's so much better.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

seaqueastdsv

[2]May 16, 2008
    • level: 12
    im still waiting for season 2 to come to dvd in austraila i can wait for season 3. theres no point in having one and not the other

kdtfiles

[3]May 29, 2008
    • level: 23
    I'd say we have another 2 years before we get season 3, if not longer.

kdtfiles

[4]Mar 4, 2009
    Well, it's been a year, month and 3 days sens they released season 2. With little hope for season 3 coming out this year

weltonap

[5]Jan 18, 2010
    • level: 2

I found seasons 2 and 3 on dvd at a rerun media store in Escanaba, MI. Quality is decent however clearly not released by universal. Instead copyrighted to some company in costa rica. Personally haven't seen official universal copy of anything other than season 1. If unable to find season 3 which is listed a seaquest 2032 try finding through CAPICATOUS INDUSTRIES, 1559-1009 San Pedro; San Jose, Costa Rica.

Don't know much more other than I dont think the show should have been discontinued as soon as it was. Was only 12 when show was taken off NBC and switched to SciFi which I think was a massive mistake and caused them to lose audience. I know they lost me since I didn't have cable or satellite. Same thing happened with Earth 2. As far as I am concerned it was another awesome show.

kdtfiles

[6]Feb 6, 2010
    I've seen sets like that, but they are basically bootleg copies produced by a company outside the US then sold here. would rather have official Universal release, if only for good quality DVDs. I agree that BOTH shows ended too soon, but that has always been NBC's problem, they put on a scifi genera show and then cancle it. E2 should have gotten atleast a second season to tie up the loose ends.

princessFirefly

[7]Apr 11, 2010
    • level: 4
    i just found season 1 today for 19.99 i didnt even know seaquest was on dvd i cant wait to get seaon 2. i do0 hope season 3 will come out soon. i was looking up seaquest on amazon.com and they have something like a pre-order for season 3, so i am sure it will be here soon.

princessFirefly

[8]Apr 19, 2010
    kdtfiles wrote:
    I've seen sets like that, but they are basically bootleg copies produced by a company outside the US then sold here. would rather have official Universal release, if only for good quality DVDs. I agree that BOTH shows ended too soon, but that has always been NBC's problem, they put on a scifi genera show and then cancle it. E2 should have gotten atleast a second season to tie up the loose ends.

i got the earth 2 boxset when i bought my seaquest and i hate that everything is left up in the air sadly i find alot of sci-fi shows end like this leaving loose ends

SimoneSamuel

[9]Nov 26, 2010

I still haven't seen an official release date for the season 3 dvd but if you have a netflix account they have the entire season on the instant view.