Secret Millionaire

Friday 8:00 PM on ABC Premiered Dec 03, 2008 In Season

Secret Millionaire Fan Reviews (10)

7.9
  • Does anyone stop and think about the obvious in this show?

1.5
    I've just watched this show for the very first time. The concept is fairly straightforward: several multi-millionaires shed themselves of all the trappings of their wealth and live among the poorest of the poor in America, passing themselves off as one of them to determine which of them is worthy of a $100 000 prize to help get back on their feet.

Here is the biggest problem I have with this show: of all the people they come across, be it in a flophouse hotel, or a soup kitchen, or a homeless shelter, no one ever asks about the camera crew following this guy around! I can assure you that if any one of you were to have someone come up to you, introduce themselves as Mr. So-and-so and have a camera crew in tow, you would (A) ask about the camera and mike people and why they were following him around, and (B) you would reflexively look into the camera rather than carry on conversations with the person the crew is following and pretend they aren't there.

This is without doubt the most staged "Reality" show that has ever hit the air. I cannot fathom how any executive at Fox could have ever decided to bankroll this cheesy mess. Really? Five dollar a night motels have roaches? Who'd have thunk it?

The sad piano music throughout is the new definition of cheesy and is worth a laugh all by itself.