Seinfeld Forums

NBC (ended 1998)

Comparison to friends

thetrain03

[1]Aug 23, 2007
    • level: 2
    Is this show like friends??is it funny?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ramsfan920

[2]Aug 23, 2007
    • level: 38
    Friends is a show more for girls...whereas seinfeld has humor that is geared more towards males....but still can be easily enjoyed by females...i find seinfeld much funnier than friends....and i'm a guy lol but they are 2 totally different shows really

sienster

[3]Aug 24, 2007
    • level: 8
    No, Friends sucked and Seinfeld is one of the top 3 tv shows all-time!

Spartan2k88

[4]Aug 24, 2007
    • level: 32
    sienster wrote:

yeah, friends is a chick show...i've got Cheers at #1 and Seinfeld at #2, although i think Seinfeld is the funnier show.

ramsfan920

[5]Aug 24, 2007
    • level: 38
    Spartan2k88 wrote:
    sienster wrote:

yeah, friends is a chick show...i've got Cheers at #1 and Seinfeld at #2, although i think Seinfeld is the funnier show.

if seinfeld is funnier...then why is cheers ahead of it? lol just curious

seinfeld111690

[6]Aug 24, 2007
    • level: 25
    I personally like Friends. I really do not see how it is a show for only females.

As for what is better, I will go with Seinfeld, obviously.

Here is how I rank them:

1. Seinfeld
    2. Friends
    3. Cheers
    4. Frasier

Those are my top 4 shows of all time.

Spartan2k88

[7]Aug 24, 2007
    ramsfan920 wrote:

if seinfeld is funnier...then why is cheers ahead of it? lol just curious

just cuz a show's funnier, doesn't necessarily mean it's better...there's a few shows i find funnier than seinfeld, but not as good

Darth_Stewie

[8]Aug 28, 2007
    • level: 7
    how and why is cheers such a good show, i mean i´ve barely watched but it doesnt look as good as seinfeld or friends.

mitu123

[9]Aug 28, 2007
    • level: 14
    Seinfeld is easily better than Friends IMO, Friends can get boring at times.

Spartan2k88

[10]Aug 28, 2007
    Darth_Stewie wrote:
    how and why is cheers such a good show, i mean i´ve barely watched but it doesnt look as good as seinfeld or friends.
    Cheers lasted longer than both Seinfeld and Friends. I find it easier to watch Cheers without getting burned out. Sometimes i have to take a break from watching Seinfeld, but i can keep watching Cheers without stopping

confusedboy24

[11]Aug 29, 2007
    • level: 17
    mitu123 wrote:
    Seinfeld is easily better than Friends IMO, Friends can get boring at times.

I've never gotten tired of Friends, I can watch any ep of Friends or I Love Lucy and still get a good laugh out of it.

Cheers I've never really payed attention, I want to watch it and see if I'd like it but it's no longer on Nick@Nite. Frasier I've seen a few times or snippets and I didn't really like it that much.

walk_unafraid

[12]Aug 29, 2007
    • level: 2

i think re runs of FRIENDS are much better since the hype has died down but basically it was completely ripped from the idea of Seinfeld with a "pop" element added to it.

If you like FRIENDS because of Chandler and Joey, then you should like Seinfeld but if you like it for Rachael and Monica then probably not so much. Phoebe could swing either way.... it depends what bits you laugh at, like Smelly Cat... then no.

Ross I'm not sure about most of the time I just want to slap him.

Dont get me wrong, FRIENDS is entertaining but it's not a patch on Seinfeld.

The thing with Seinfeld is you HAVE to watch it from the beginning, it's a show about nothing but the character progression and the "in jokes" are what make it brilliant!

Edited on 08/29/2007 4:42pm

tv247

[13]Aug 29, 2007
    • level: 20

seinfeld111690 wrote:
    I personally like Friends. I really do not see how it is a show for only females.

Same here. I really don't understand why people think it's aimed more towards girls. I'm a straight guy and I find it to be hysterical, and so do my friends. I really can't decide which show is better though, because you can't really judge them on the same things.

I think at the moment, Seinfeld has so much hypewhat with the DVDs still being released and stuff, there's so much going on involving Seinfeld. Since the hype from Friends has died down (the last season came to DVD almost 2 years ago), it's funny, and so is Seinfeld.

Edited on 08/29/2007 4:43pm

Darth_Stewie

[14]Aug 29, 2007
    Spartan2k88 wrote:
    Darth_Stewie wrote:
    Cheers lasted longer than both Seinfeld and Friends. I find it easier to watch Cheers without getting burned out. Sometimes i have to take a break from watching Seinfeld, but i can keep watching Cheers without stopping
    still cheers seems kinda corny, but i guess i´ll just try to pay more attention next time i watch it.

seinfeld111690

[15]Aug 30, 2007
    • level: 25
    Spartan2k88 wrote:
    Darth_Stewie wrote:

I am the exact same way. I get tired of Seinfeld after a while. I have not watched an episode in almost a month. And I have only been watching my Cheers, and Frasier DVDs. I don't know where you got that Cheers is corny, Darth_Stewie. It is a great show. I advise you to buy the DVDs. I prefer the later seasons.
    Edited on 08/30/2007 1:44pm

ComeOut2Play819

[16]Aug 31, 2007
    • level: 12
    1. the Simpsons
    2. The X-Files
    3. the Office
    4. South Park
    5. Lost
    6. Seinfeld
    7. Futurama
    8. King of the Hill
    9. That 70's Show
    10. Beavis and Butt-head
    11. Firefly
    12. The Larry Sanders show

Top 12 shows, probably in the wrong order

sienster

[17]Sep 11, 2007
    • level: 8
    Did anyone here watch Arrested Development. I think if this show would have stayed on the air, it had the potential to be better than Seinfeld.

asutho

[18]Sep 15, 2007
    • level: 17
    sienster wrote:
    Did anyone here watch Arrested Development. I think if this show would have stayed on the air, it had the potential to be better than Seinfeld.

i LOVED arrested development and still do, it is one of my favourite shows ever

frostzZ

[19]Nov 5, 2007
    • level: 5
    i loathe anybody who would say that friends is more a female type of show...i mean its such a lame excuse not to watch friends just because a show like friends has more relationships doesnt mean its more for girls its just both of the shows has different ideas in friends its about 3 men and 3 women growing up in the city which ocasionally will lead for more relationships but seinfeld....is a show about nothing....besides i don't think if it was more to women than men the showwont reach this kind of high ratings !!!!

Darth_Stewie

[20]Nov 5, 2007

seinfeld111690 wrote:
    Spartan2k88 wrote:
    Darth_Stewie wrote:
    I am the exact same way. I get tired of Seinfeld after a while. I have not watched an episode in almost a month. And I have only been watching my Cheers, and Frasier DVDs. I don't know where you got that Cheers is corny, Darth_Stewie. It is a great show. I advise you to buy the DVDs. I prefer the later seasons.

wow this was a long time ago but anyways, i know cheers must be good cause ratings dont lie, i'll try to follow ur advice. and i said corny cuz from what i watched felt like to much of a family show and if it is a family show then if couldnt be better than seinfeld but ill just try to pay more attention next time. still i think there will never be a show better than seinfeld maybe simpsons but i dont think so.